T Nation

Liquifying Your Nutrition

My breakfast:

Banana
Apple
Oatmeal w/ milk, berries and some Grow!
Hardboiled egg or two

If I put the apple, banana, berries, and the oatmeal (uncooked) into a blender am I getting the same nutrition out of it all?

And, how long do hardboiled eggs last in the fridge??

Thanks.

I often wondered about that. I like to eat my oats as they are because it seems that they would be more beneficial that way than ground up. I dont know if the is right or not but thats how i prefer them.

Good question though because im curious also

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

i think that chewing is part of digestive prosces, so exept for post workout mesl, ithink that liquid meal is not recomended

I have read (here and other places) that whole food should be stressed over protein shakes. But they question remains if blending them into a liquid reduces their impact. Are there any studies, etc. that anyone know of? I am not a real fan of eating and I try to minimize the amount of liquid meals I have a day (usually less than three, including one at 1 a.m. mid sleep).

And, how long do hardboiled eggs last in the fridge??

About a week.

According to certain authors on this site, all you need is some Grow! Whey, a little flax seed, and some Fish oil. Real food is not really that important - just drink you shakes.

V-Diet anyone?

Thanks, rainjack!

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
Thanks, rainjack![/quote]

Don’t get me wrong - I think the V-Diet is about the stupidest fucking thing to come down the pipes since the Slim-Fast diet.

But there is nothing wrong with making a shake, as long as the bulk of your diet is real food.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Tex Ag wrote:
Thanks, rainjack!

Don’t get me wrong - I think the V-Diet is about the stupidest fucking thing to come down the pipes since the Slim-Fast diet.

[/quote]

What are you basing your opinion on and do you have anything to back it up? The V-Diet has helped more people than I can count on this forum, post your reasons for such a bold statement.

(I’m on Day 7)

I prefer real food over liquid anytime but thats just my opinion and would never change it either.

I prefer whole food also

[quote]Nick21 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Tex Ag wrote:
Thanks, rainjack!

What are you basing your opinion on and do you have anything to back it up? The VDiet has helped more people than I can count on this forum, post your reasons for such a bold statement.

(I’m on Day 7)[/quote]

The V-Diet is a starvation diet. You eat no solid food, and you are severely restricted on calories.

It is the the same thing as the SlimFast diet, only you are Using Biotest products.

I think the V-Diet appeals to the lazy people because of the “fast” results, which is mainly water weight, and shrinking of the stomach.

There is no way to maintain muscle mass on this diet.

My statement isn’t that fucking bold. Other those that hang out here, who the hell has ever even heard of this diet?

I prefer Berardi’s approach to nutrition, which shuns MRP’s in favor of…get this…real food.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Nick21 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Tex Ag wrote:
Thanks, rainjack!

What are you basing your opinion on and do you have anything to back it up? The VDiet has helped more people than I can count on this forum, post your reasons for such a bold statement.

(I’m on Day 7)

The V-Diet is a starvation diet. You eat no solid food, and you are severely restricted on calories.

It is the the same thing as the SlimFast diet, only you are Using Biotest products.

I think the V-Diet appeals to the lazy people because of the “fast” results, which is mainly water weight, and shrinking of the stomach.

There is no way to maintain muscle mass on this diet.

My statement isn’t that fucking bold. Other than those that hang out here, who the hell has ever even heard of this diet?

I prefer Berardi’s approach to nutrition, which shuns MRP’s in favor of…get this…real food. [/quote]

I couldn’t agree more. Most of the people rushing to even use the “V-Diet” shouldn’t even be considering it. You have high school students doing this for Springbreak.

I’ll throw in my two cents since I just finished the V-diet.
A. I used it after having lost alot of weight already and really only to get just get a bit of the stubborn fat gone.

B. I think the way I used it is a good use of it. I think its a terrible idea for all these people using it at 15, 20, even 30% BF. It wont provide long term weightloss for them in my opinion. I had already lost the vast majority of the weight, I used it for a last little kick. Thats who Shugs wrote it for, I think thats who it should be used by. Larger individuals should focus on losing the weight in more conventional ways, long term, first.

C. I retained my muscle mass and my strength on the diet. However, I will add that I was using hefty amounts of BCAA and creatine along with HRX…without those I question the ability to maintain the mass as well.

Conclusion: I think the v-diet is fine for individuals who are relatively lean and can figure out how to retain their muscle while on it. All these, obese-for lack of a better term, people using it…well I questions whether or not thats a good idea.

My liquified diet for today:

Non protein/fat sources can vary at times.

12 ounces of beef
4 ounces of beef liver
1 can of Salmon including liquid and bones
8 whole boiled eggs
Raw spinach, broccoli, jalapeno peppers, beets, zucchini, garlic and onions
half cup of walnuts
3 tbsp flax meal
3 tbsp EVOO
1/4 cup of raw oats
1 twinlab vitamin and 1 twinlab mineral capsule each opened and poured in. (Hopefully superfood will be replacing this soon as I am favorably impressed by that product)

All in a jumbo Hamilton Beach food processor with enough water to make the consistency of about slightly chunky pudding. I do this every night stored in canning jars for 4 of my 6 meals the next day. The other 2 vary from solid meals based on chicken thighs, more beef, more eggs and so on except PWO shakes.

I prefere whole food but personaly i think that liquified foods like the breakfast you described would obsob better in the stomach, and why so many smple carbs in the morning are you lookin for an jump in the morning?

i hope u are joking

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
My liquified diet for today:

Non protein/fat sources can vary at times.

12 ounces of beef
4 ounces of beef liver
1 can of Salmon including liquid and bones
8 whole boiled eggs
Raw spinach, broccoli, jalapeno peppers, beets, zucchini, garlic and onions
half cup of walnuts
3 tbsp flax meal
3 tbsp EVOO
1/4 cup of raw oats
1 twinlab vitamin and 1 twinlab mineral capsule each opened and poured in. (Hopefully superfood will be replacing this soon as I am favorably impressed by that product)

All in a jumbo Hamilton Beach food processor with enough water to make the consistency of about slightly chunky pudding. I do this every night stored in canning jars for 4 of my 6 meals the next day. The other 2 vary from solid meals based on chicken thighs, more beef, more eggs and so on except PWO shakes.[/quote]

How does that acctually taste?