T Nation

Liquid to Solid!! Need some Advice

My current bulking diet calls for about 300g of carbs which I try to split between my breakfast, pre and peri workout. Breakfast and pre workout I usually consume about 200-220g carbs and the rest in the form of a shake with a a scoop of whey while working out. After reading up A LOT of articles, I am confused to death about post workout nutrition. Some people say it’s better to have fast absorbing carbs like simple sugars and some say it doesn’t really matter. But just to be safe used to take maltodextrin (which I shifted towards peri workout). Ok long story!!!

What I wanna know is what are your opinions about something like granola and honey mixed with a scoop of protein post workout instead of the shake? I like granola but i am not eating it because I would rather have some complex carbs like oatmeal pre workout and breakfast. But it would be advantageous post workout, yes?

Any inputs are appreciated. Cheers :slight_smile:

It’s pretty much impossible to give good dietary recommendations on something like this without knowing what you eat throughout the day. I’m talking calories, carbohydrates, protein, and fat, not just the foods you eat.

However, this isn’t brain surgery. If you like a food and it fits within your nutritional strategy, eat it. That’s the only way you’ll ever figure out how it will effect you.