T Nation

Liquid Tamoxifen Citrate Problem

Just cracked open my tamoxifen citrate suspension for the last part of my PCT (I used up some left over pills first).

My first time using a product from a research company…

After much shaking things still appear like relatively large crystals in a poor suspension… Just makes me worry a bit for my dosing.

On the note of the dosing the damn dropper refuses to pick up a full 1ml of the suspension.

The source is one that has been discussed frequently on this board before (in name)… and one of the members is an owner (I think?)… But I won’t drop tames till I get the all clear.

My gyno fearing lab rats are worried!

I’ve used that product before and it was very opaque so you couldn’t see what was in it, but it was smooth with no clumps and worked well. That was a couple years ago though and maybe the quality is going down. The prices are going up and the selection is going down, that’s for sure. The only thing I can think of is heating it and seeing if everything disolves.

Aye you cant tell whats in the bottle from the outside… but once you take a sample from dropper you can see plenty of clumps.

What sort of temperature do you think I can safely heat at without messing up the tamox?

I don’t know, so I wouldn’t heat it much. It shouldn’t take much though, unless there is something really wrong with it. Did you contact the manufacturer, what did they say?

I believe the solution has crashed. I’ve read you should firstly make sure you store the stuff at room temp, not in a fridge.

Secondly, make sure the bottle is a room temperature, and put it in some hot water for about an hour. Some shaking after this should help dissolve everything and return it to normal.

I only cracked it open this morning so no I havent contacted manufacturer. I wanted to also get some thoughts here first… possibly from the individual who is an owner of the company… but also from some of the experienced, unbiased members on here =]

I’ll email them tommorow regardless.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
I believe the solution has crashed. I’ve read you should firstly make sure you store the stuff at room temp, not in a fridge.

Secondly, make sure the bottle is a room temperature, and put it in some hot water for about an hour. Some shaking after this should help dissolve everything and return it to normal.[/quote]

Ive kept it at room temperature the whole time.

I will try sitting it in some hot water later on.

How hot are we talking? boiling? luke warm?

BBB had this issue with another of their products, they are aware of the problem.

BBB is also where I got the info for the solution - I think his water was boiling hot (not boiling though) and he left it in a mug for about an hour.

Just make sure the bottle is warm enough so it doesn’t crack from the heat.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
BBB had this issue with another of their products, they are aware of the problem.

BBB is also where I got the info for the solution - I think his water was boiling hot (not boiling though) and he left it in a mug for about an hour.

Just make sure the bottle is warm enough so it doesn’t crack from the heat.[/quote]

Will do that tonight and post results tommorow RSGZ.

Thanks a lot buddy!

About not being able to get a full milliliter in the dropper. It’s impossible. The 1ml line never goes below the level of the liquid. Just be patient and take out 1/4ml at a time.

Ben:

I just opened mine too… mine is very similar it seems. A pink, chunky-ish, solution. I assume it’s because there’s more per ml than the adex I have from the same company.

Anyone want to chime in if this is normal? Let us now how the water thing goes. Tempted to just go with pharma next time…

I’m dissapointed with this chem research website. I thought they were good.

No names under any conditions please.

Some of these products do require a lot of shaking and are not going to be solutions.

Heat, but don’t overheat the suspension. If you do, you might get crystal formation upon cooling, which would make things a real pain in the future.

I’m no expert but from what I’ve read on MSDE pages when I first made some research acquisitions, a lot depends on what solvent was used. Torem & tamox are very weakly soluble in water (0.6 and 0.5 mg/ml, or something in that neighborhood), hence you’d expect suspensions rather than solutions at typical “research” concentrations if it is in water or a slightly acidic solvent.

I agree that it shouldn’t be clumping up, though.

BTW, there is one well known research company that supplies tamox in a solution that seems an awful lot like concentrated Soltamox (basically tamox in a solution of water, glycerol, ethanol and flavoring).

cheers

Mine was the same way. I boiled some water, took it of the stove and let the bottle sit in there for a few minutes. Shook it up after that and it was fine.

I did something similar, it’s still quite grainy to an extent but I wouldn’t say it was clumping but better than it was.

It’s similar to creatine in the way it’s not dissolved fully. Could be fine. Should I throw a pic up of the solution?

Could someone pease throw up a pick of before/after pic? I would like to compare the bottle I just bought to what it does/should look like.