Liquid Protein Diet for Fat Loss?

I’ve been working out for about 3 months now, and though I’ve seen good gains in my strength I’m not loosing body fat the way I would like. It’s been quite some time since I’ve worked out seriously before this, but I’ve been very diligent over the last three months and I’ve kept my diet very clean. Lot’s of cottage cheese, grilled chicken, apples, popcorn as a snack with no butter, oat meal for breakfast and things of that nature. I am averaging about 4 to 6 egg whites a day, and I have all but given up soda for water, I maybe have 1 soda a week.

Over the 3 months I’ve been working out 5 days a week, using the elliptical machine to burn 500 calories (at least). On heavy cardio days I will do 750 to 1000 calories on the elliptical machine and some else to switch things up.

I’m lifting not really for size but for strength, 4 days a week:

Chest and Back on Monday
Legs and shoulders on Tuesday
Wed Heavy cardo
Thurs Chest and Back
And Friday or Sat I’ll hit legs and shoulders again

I know that I’ve been putting on muscle mass, many people have said they notice my chest and arms are getting a lot bigger, but I’m only down 6 to 8 lbs of actual weight. I’ve struggled with weight my whole life, because growing up I was never taught about healthy eating, as a kid I mostly ate Mac and Cheese, hot dogs, and other crap like that, so I was always over weight.

I’ve been eating about the following, (my roommate who is a personal trainer says to give my self a cheat meal so once a week I’ll take a meat and eat whatever I want) usually a bunch of prim rib or something like that yummmmmmmm.

Wake up: Go work out, after my work out 1 Apple and Peanut butter (organic) and or 4 Egg whites.

Morning Snack: (Two hours later) I eat a protein bar.

Lunch: Grilled chicken meal from a Mexican place I love (450 calories, 39 grams or protein and 27 grams of fiber, about 18g or fat) No sour cream or cheese, the meal consists of grilled chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, and rice.

Mid day snack: 1% cottage cheese (2x servings), and 100 calorie serving of popcorn, 1 or 2 more egg whites.

Dinner: Usually I have some sort of salad with chicken breast, very minimal dressing.

If I follow this I’m never really hungry through out the day, and I have energy for my work outs. I know I’m working hard in the gym, when I leave I’m soaked in sweat from head to toe. Even when I lift I try to move quickly between exercises so I can keep my heart rate up.

I just don’t know what else to do. I’m thinking about trying to go to the gym a second time in the day to add more cardio. Again on days if I’m not busy I try to up my cardio to 1000 calories. As I’ve gotten older I realize how much my weight has affected me. I’ve never considered my self fat but I’ve also never been HAPPY with the way I look, and I see how that effects my social life and confidence with women.

So I’m basically thinking of going on an almost all liquid protein shake diet, I don’t know how else to get the results I’m looking for. = ( I just ordered two bottles of the new HOT-ROX in hopes that will help my fat loss.

Can any one help me please?

There are multiple options listed throughout this site. If an all protein liquid diet is what you want to try, check out the Velocity Diet.

Sharing the numbers of where you started at, where you are now, as well as what your goals are might be helpful as well.

Good luck!!

These are my starting stats and my goals. I?ve been going strong for about 3 months

I was 206lbs
Currently about 198lbs

Starting Bench (dumbbell) 60lbs in each hand
Current Bench 100lbs in each hand
Goal with in 3 months 120lbs in each hand
Long term goal is 150lbs in each hand in 1 year

Currently I think I?m sitting at around high 20’s% body fat
I would like to get that to about 10%

This would mean I would have to drop about 40lbs of fat, during this time I would like to put on 10 to 15lbs of muscle which would end me up at 170 to 175.

I really would like to try to accomplish this in 6 months time, which I have been told could be done with hard work.

I think most people agree that you cant do both goals at once. Focus on one and go all out on it, if you chase both neither will happen.

As far as getting down to 10%, you would need to lose only 20 pounds of fat, not 40. 40 pounds is all you have to lose, you would want to lose half of that.

Your diet seems pretty good as it is. You may want to ditch the bodypart split your doing and do 3 full body workouts a week. That would really fire up the metabolism, and you’d hit bodyparts more than once a week.

Im on cut, well I have been since I got into the gym 7 months ago. I’ve lost 51 pounds as of two days ago. Some months I lost more some months less. It just takes time, keep doing what you are doing and it will happen.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
I think most people agree that you cant do both goals at once. Focus on one and go all out on it, if you chase both neither will happen.
[/quote]

I agree with Lonnie, I did this for the last 9 months thinking I could lose fat and gain a bunch of muscle. Thought my lifts have gone up, my fat weight hasn’t changed much at all. I’m in the processes of shedding the fat now, I figure I’ll work on gaining after I get the stored fat off. Sort of like starting with a clean slate.

Good luck,

~V

Thanks for the feed back all, I just picked up a 2 bottles for the new HOT-ROX. I think I’m going to focus on burning fat first, and just maintain my muscle that I have.

I’ve bumped my cardio up to 1 hour a day, pushing my heart rate up to the highest rate safe for me. Usually I knock out 1000 calories of cardio in 1 hour, I’ve been trying to do this about 5 days a week in addition to my lifting.