T Nation

Liquid Ibuprofen Opinions ?

I was looking around on the Jackal’s Gym website the other day and saw they were selling this stuff Ibunex or Liquid Ibuprofen. It is a liquid that you spray on instead of taking it in pill form .

So I was wondering what you guys thought about this stuff . Or if any of you guys/gals on this forum have any first and experience with it.Did you like it and how well did it work for your pains.

Here is the link
http://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?prod_id=SUP-IBUNEX

I wouldn’t waste $ on it. It’s not legit.

its still ibuprofen its still an NSAID and will have major negative effects on the inflammation and protein synthesis processes.

stay away from that. either suck it up (what i do) or get oxycotin n use it in small doses as it is a powerful drug, but it contains no aceto or ibu or n e thing n will not effect muscle repairing.

viks n perks hav NSAIDS in them stay away from that too. good luck finding a connection. shuldnt b to hard tho. n if u hav an addictive personality then just stay away from it altogather.

The anti inflammatory effect is a big reason for why people ibuprofen, they’re not looking for oxycotin.

I don’t know about the spray though.

[quote]danjo228 wrote:
I wouldn’t waste $ on it. It’s not legit.[/quote]

Do you have a reason behind that bald assertion?

[quote]rogueathlete79 wrote:
its still ibuprofen its still an NSAID and will have major negative effects on the inflammation and protein synthesis processes.

stay away from that. either suck it up (what i do) or get oxycotin n use it in small doses as it is a powerful drug, but it contains no aceto or ibu or n e thing n will not effect muscle repairing.

viks n perks hav NSAIDS in them stay away from that too. good luck finding a connection. shuldnt b to hard tho. n if u hav an addictive personality then just stay away from it altogather.[/quote]

lol getting high on oxycodone is somehow beneficial while prostaglandin inhibition is negative? The anti-inflammation is the whole point

[quote]skizac wrote:
danjo228 wrote:

Do you have a reason behind that bald assertion?[/quote]

Your kidding right? Ibuprofen can be administered effectively by mouth and some cases, in neonates, IV. I know of lidocaine patches can be used transdermal. Dexamethasone can be driven across the skin by iontophoresis(low volt electrical current).

You just can’t get any med to be absorbed through the skin. If this was the case, there would no longer be oral ibuprofen. The GI complications would be a thing of the past.

[quote]danjo228 wrote:
skizac wrote:
danjo228 wrote:

Your kidding right? Ibuprofen can be administered effectively by mouth and some cases, in neonates, IV. I know of lidocaine patches can be used transdermal. Dexamethasone can be driven across the skin by iontophoresis(low volt electrical current).

You just can’t get any med to be absorbed through the skin. If this was the case, there would no longer be oral ibuprofen. The GI complications would be a thing of the past.[/quote]

Of course I’m not kidding, or I wouldn’t have asked. I’m not an expert on delivery methods for medicine. All you did was claimed that something was not legit without giving any reason. Why should I believe you over anybody else? What I would likie to see some kind of science to show why or why not ibuprofen can be used this way.

[quote]skizac wrote:
danjo228 wrote:
skizac wrote:
danjo228 wrote:

You just can’t get any med to be absorbed through the skin. If this was the case, there would no longer be oral ibuprofen. The GI complications would be a thing of the past.

Of course I’m not kidding, or I wouldn’t have asked. I’m not an expert on delivery methods for medicine. All you did was claimed that something was not legit without giving any reason. Why should I believe you over anybody else? What I would likie to see some kind of science to show why or why not ibuprofen can be used this way.
[/quote]

I’m not an expert either. There are a few studies I found in Medscape suggesting topical NSAIDS are effective but they are few and poor studies. Honestly, if they were effective they would be more widely available.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/537883
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/567047

This thread makes me sad…

this thread is fucking retarded if ur tryin to get jacked dont use nsaids.

[quote]rogueathlete79 wrote:
this thread is fucking retarded if ur tryin to get jacked dont use nsaids. [/quote]

Rubbish.

Ibuprofen can be used with no reall effect on the bodies ability to gain muscle and strength.

Some in vitro studies looking at one aspect of the bichem mechaniisms of protein synthesis do not mean it has any quantifyable effect in vivo.

In the real world many people use ibuprofen weekly with no ill effects.

The topical stuff isn’t good though. The dose delivered is low compared to a that of a pill.