Liquid Egg Whites

Is this supplement even worth it? It costs $56 for 2 gallons + $14 shipping. I can get 1lb(16oz) for $2.39 but I have to cook it. This stuff you can just pump it out and drink. Anybody try it? Yay, nay?

You dont want to consume mass amounts of raw egg whites.

Google “avidin” and “biotin”

Lets not google it and lets have you explain it :slight_smile:

[quote]skohcl wrote:
Lets not google it and lets have you explain it ^_[1]

You assume I havent posted about it before. You can search my post history if you want. It’s somewhere in the last month of posts

1. /quote ↩︎

Ive ordered them before but just for cooking. They are shipped frozen and last months.

Is it worth it? Ad long as you dont mind cracking eggs…

On sale a dozed eggs are .99. Buy a few dozen of those for the whites (crack all at once for the week) and get some omega 3 eggs to combine with.

Experiment. Find what works and stick with. Cooking mass quantities of food is like an Assembly line.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]skohcl wrote:

You assume I havent posted about it before. You can search my post history if you want. It’s somewhere in the last month of posts
[/quote]
Thats the whole point, we’re lazy as shit. We would prefer you to save us time, and just tell us…just kidding…
…but seriously post away

1. /quote ↩︎

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]skohcl wrote:

[/quote]
Thats the whole point, we’re lazy as shit. We would prefer you to save us time, and just tell us…just kidding…
…but seriously post away[/quote]

Diet…gut…microflora…biotin…happiness…avidin…uncooked whites…evil…buttrapes biotin…deficiency…sadness

Capeesh?

1. /quote ↩︎

^^^short and to the point I like it, we need more posts like this!! Cheers silverhydra

Raw egg whites contain avidin which is a biotin inhibitor. thats why its better to have them cooked and even better with the yolk which is a rich source of biotin. protein digestion rates are something like 50% when consuming raw egg whites vs. normal cooked eggs with the yolk

La Wikipedia
“La deficiencia de Biotina es relativamente rara y puede ser tratada con suplementación. La deficiencia puede ser causada por el consumo excesivo de clara de huevo cruda, la cual contiene altos niveles de la proteína avidina”

a lot of eggs= a lot of baldness

sigh

Be a man and drink 12 eggs every day, and fuck what the skinny bitches say about why it won’t work. It’s done the trick for me, so fuck “studies”.

Here we go: do you want to spend 2 days shitting your brains out if you get food poisoning? All for what an extra gram or 2?

From their website: What’s The Difference Between LIQUID And RAW Egg Whites?

The human body cannot completely and safely digest a raw egg white. So, if you like to do the “Rocky Routine” with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time, not to mention the threat of Salmonella. Avidin, which is found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids.

I use them.

OP - If you haven’t tried liquid egg whites, check your local walmart. Ours has 32 oz containers (96 grams protein) for $3.74. I personally have no problem with the taste or texture. I pour it into a glass and drink it straight. Anything over 32 ounces in a day gives me gas.

I’ve used that stuff before. They tell you it will last for months in your fridge but mine started smelling funny after a few weeks (I didn’t get sick from drinking it) and that has happened with a few of the juggs so it wasn’t just a bad batch.

They sell pumps for the juggs but the pumps break quickly and you have to pay shipping both ways so it’s not even worth having free replacement pumps for life.

I would buy 4 gallons at a time but got tired of them taking up all my freezer space and the price + shipping ($20) wasn’t really worth the trouble after a while.

It is nice having a quick, easy, drinkable protein source but if thats the most important thing to you you’re better off with protein powder.

My local Wal-Mart has their brand of liquid egg whites for $3.12/32 oz…way cheaper than any internet-order brand per ounce, and you don’t have a giant container taking up space. They can be used in any recipe that calls for egg whites…3 T = 1 egg white from a large egg. They are not raw; they’re pasteurized, which consequentially deactivates the avidin.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
sigh

Be a man and drink 12 eggs every day, and fuck what the skinny bitches say about why it won’t work. It’s done the trick for me, so fuck “studies”. [/quote]

Hungry, quick question, do you drink these for convenience or do you believe that there is some benefit to raw eggs over cooked?

sigh

Be a man and drink 12 eggs every day, and fuck what the skinny bitches say about why it won’t work. It’s done the trick for me, so fuck “studies”. [/quote]
I was waiting for “His Liquidness” to kick in the door to this thread!

I have been drinking Lana’s Egg Whites Now for 2 Years off and on and i absolutely love them and notice a difference. Plus they are Pasteurized and are so clean they are so easy to down. Farts are unbearable, But Great for those bulking or going Lean. Just remember to down a Beno tablet during the day to keep your friends and loved ones around.

[quote]silverhydra wrote:

sigh

Hungry, quick question, do you drink these for convenience or do you believe that there is some benefit to raw eggs over cooked?[/quote]

I believe Poliquin said that the bio-availability of raw egg protein is a fraction of that of cooked egg protein. Whether or not this is true, I don’t know.

Having drank 6 to 12 whole eggs on many occasions, I can say I truly do not enjoy it as much as simply frying them up or basting them.

This, along with the absence of any b12 absorption (or in the case or egg whites only, b12 loss), the mild possibility of contracting a food-born illness, and the fact that protein powders are just as convenient as raw eggs (if not more so) leads me, personally, to choose cooked eggs over raw.