T Nation

Liquid Chalk?

Anyone know where to buy some of this stuff? The only sports place around here that I can think of is called “Dick’s Sporting Goods” and they don’t even have regular chalk. There is also some stuff called “Liquid Chalk” by Xtreme Formulations that I bought online and that doesn’t work worth a damn (I think its made mostly of alcohol).

So any other suggestions were to buy chalk or preferably liquid chalk online? I really want to throw away my straps and chalk is the only way :slight_smile:

hey man. i’ve had the same problems. the gym i belong to doesn’t allow chalk…but no one has a problem with liquid chalk!

i, too, havent seen anything in stores that i’ve gone too. if you do a google search for “liquid chalk”, there really are like only 2-3 different products and each website charges a different amount as the cost and different for shipping charges. …so i guess its up to you where/how you want to buy it. i haven’t ordered any yet.

no luck here either,
~E

[quote]Equus123 wrote:
hey man. i’ve had the same problems. the gym i belong to doesn’t allow chalk…but no one has a problem with liquid chalk!

i, too, havent seen anything in stores that i’ve gone too. if you do a google search for “liquid chalk”, there really are like only 2-3 different products and each website charges a different amount as the cost and different for shipping charges. …so i guess its up to you where/how you want to buy it. i haven’t ordered any yet.

no luck here either,
~E[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I know the management at my gym doesn’t like chalk, either, but until they say something to me, I would keep bringing it in. How can a gym not allow chalk? Oh well…

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:
Anyone know where to buy some of this stuff? The only sports place around here that I can think of is called “Dick’s Sporting Goods” and they don’t even have regular chalk. There is also some stuff called “Liquid Chalk” by Xtreme Formulations that I bought online and that doesn’t work worth a damn (I think its made mostly of alcohol).

So any other suggestions were to buy chalk or preferably liquid chalk online? I really want to throw away my straps and chalk is the only way :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Hey, i found some regular chalk… Google- Lifting Chalk… its the second one down.

Dave Tate and the boys at elite sell liquid chalk, nice and cheap too.

[quote]Deuce wrote:
Dave Tate and the boys at elite sell liquid chalk, nice and cheap too. [/quote]

I went to www.dryhands.com and just bought some. I’ll check out the stuff over at Elite if this stuff I just bought sucks.

Thanks for the tip, though :slight_smile:

check out Gorilla Gold Grip Enhancer from atomicathletic.com…I’ve only used regular chalk, but this stuff might be worth a shot for those that don’t have regular chalk as an option.

You could try one of these little 2oz. chalk shakers from elitefts to minimize the mess and keep your chalk use on the down low. Worth a look anyway.

www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/frames.asp

I use climbing chalk. It comes in a little nylon bag. You squeeze the bag and the chalk gets dispenced onto your hands. Works great and cuts down on the mess of loose chalk.

La’
Redsol1