T Nation

LIQUID CHALK

I discovered this when i was in a climbing shop.

some gyms moan about chalk on their black mats. even some supposedly hardcore ones (this is the uk where people use smith machines ALL the time)

Liquid chalk is chalk in alcohol as a suspension.

Pour some on your hands, let dry and away you go. clean and doesn’t get in your eyes/ears/nose/anus and keeps your grip good.

not quite as effective as real powdered chalk, but a useful alternative day to day to add in.

Do you have a wensite where i can buy some. I workout in a 24 hour fitness most of the time, and they don’t allow chalk. I’ve never been caught yet, but I would hate to.

tHE COMPANY IS CALLED MEGAGRIP

www.megagrip.co.uk

Tel/fax +44 01457 878875

let me know how you get on.

if you have difficulty, give me a shout and i’ll get one to you.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1109281247462.LiquidCb.jpg

This is the chalk i use http://www.megagrip.co.uk/products/MegaGrip/liquid_chalk.htm
it is a UK based site, but probally ship to states.

Miniross, you just beat me too it!! I just posted, refreshed and you’d already done it. I got mine from the North Face in London. Good shit, unfortunately i got to a fitness first and they go mental is i use real chalk

Elite Fitness (elitefts.com) just added some to their product line.

work out in a REAL gym, you won’t need this.

[quote]Atreides wrote:
work out in a REAL gym, you won’t need this.[/quote]

Oh, i would if i could. There are no “real” gyms in central London.

I train where an ex mr universe trained.

“no talk on mat” is on the sign by the power rack.

disgusting.

This is a good alterneative, and lasts forever. ive had mine 2 years. and its a lot cleaner.

It certainly reduces the times ive been charged with narcotics offences, lol

I’ve never used the liquid stuff before. Does it leave any residue on your hands or dry them out? The reason I’m asking is that during the winter, the back of my hands tend to crack and split open after being outside, even though I wear gloves when I’m out. I’m not sure why it happens but they bleed and it gets painful sometimes.

Unfortunatey due to the alcohol content they will do all of that. The answer i have found is either use (throughout day) Coco butter on the hands, and petroliu jelly/vaseline (not for alternative purposes!) overnight. Do this and this will help maintain moisture in your hands.

Craked hand kill, so i fel your pain.

For you i would not recommend.

There is some liquid chalk by Xtreme Formulations. It sucks!

But, then I found some other liquid chalk online somewhere called Magic Chalk I believe. Its a liquid chalk with a wizard on the front. That stuff is pretty decent.

[quote]Built Big wrote:
I’ve never used the liquid stuff before. Does it leave any residue on your hands or dry them out? The reason I’m asking is that during the winter, the back of my hands tend to crack and split open after being outside, even though I wear gloves when I’m out. I’m not sure why it happens but they bleed and it gets painful sometimes. [/quote]

My daughter has problems with dry, cracking hands. I put mineral oil on them overnight and it works great. You will need to wear some kind of plastic glove though, as this stuff is messy.

[quote]Built Big wrote:
I’ve never used the liquid stuff before. Does it leave any residue on your hands or dry them out? The reason I’m asking is that during the winter, the back of my hands tend to crack and split open after being outside, even though I wear gloves when I’m out. I’m not sure why it happens but they bleed and it gets painful sometimes. [/quote]

Do you use hand lotion? Try some Aveeno.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. My fiance has me using all kinds of lotions and creams. I can keep it under control for the most part but sometimes it unavoidable. I was mainly worried about the alcohol content in the chalk. Thanks everyone.