T Nation

Lipstick On An Idiot?

No matter how much lipstick you put on an idiot, he’s still an idiot.

Is this the Affirmative Action Presidency?

Here’s the vid of Obama implying Palin is a pig.

I didn’t get the impression from that video that he was calling Palin a pig.

Sounded like a “don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining” kind of statement.

I won’t believe it unless you find something that shows a connection.

That’s really reaching. The “lipstick on a pig” thing has been going around for a while, I think McCain even used it to describe Hillarycare.

Don’t be in such a hurry to catch Obama tossing insults. He has been much better about that than the Republicans so far. Stick to the issues and you’ll have plenty of ammo.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This wasn’t even CLOSE to implying that Palin was a pig; as a matter of fact, it had nothing directly to do with Palin.

He was clear; the same policies (“the pig”); attempt to make them new and refreshing by labeling them change (“lipstick”); they are still a pig (old policies).

The GOP was really reaching on this one.

Mufasa

You can dress up a whore and take her to the ball but at the end of the night she’s still a whore and you’re still going home alone.

[quote]AynRandLuvr wrote:
No matter how much lipstick you put on an idiot, he’s still an idiot.[/quote]

Let me help you with the metaphor:

Pig = Republican Party Presidential Ticket

Lipstick = Sarah Palin

By the reaction of the crowd, his own supporters thought he was taking a jab at Palin.

If it was intentional I don’t really care. It’s a campaign and both sides have been slinging crap.

If it was a mistake, it is to be expected. Obama is a gaffe machine and this kind of stuff is what the media normally overlooks from Obama. Since the chosen one does not admit mistakes or lack of judgement, the denials will reveal more about his intent then anything else.

I’d look for Palin to mock him about it over the next few weeks. She and McCain are in Obama’s head and this is more ammunition for them to use to rattle him.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
You can dress up a whore and take her to the ball but at the end of the night she’s still a whore and you’re still going home alone.[/quote]

If I’m taking a whore to the ball, it’s to make sure I DON’T go home alone.

This is just plain stupid. Why this is even an issue just goes to show how far we have gone down as a country.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
You can dress up a whore and take her to the ball but at the end of the night she’s still a whore and you’re still going home alone.

If I’m taking a whore to the ball, it’s to make sure I DON’T go home alone.[/quote]

Well you’re still alone when all is said and done which from my perspective isn’t a good thing.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

If I’m taking a whore to the ball, it’s to make sure I DON’T go home alone.[/quote]

You don’t understand. Lifty has his own definitions for “whore”, “ball”, and “alone”.

RJ, it only seems that way because you do not understand the distinction between a synonym and homonym. From now on I’ll make sure to break it down Bedrock style for you.

Hint: the words synonym and homonym have distinct meanings.

RJ, it only seems that way because you do not understand the distinction between a synonym and homonym. From now on I’ll make sure to break it down Bedrock style for you.

Hint: the words synonym and homonym have distinct meanings.[/quote]

I know what they mean in real life. Only you know what the hell they mean in la la land.

Another non-thread…

• Only a moron would think he was calling Palin a pig, even if she is one.

• He’s used the phrase before:

“I think that both General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker are capable people who have been given an impossible assignment,” Sen. Barack Obama said yesterday in a telephone interview. “George Bush has given a mission to General Petraeus, and he has done his best to try to figure out how to put lipstick on a pig.”

• So has John McCain

• It’s better than calling your own wife a cunt.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Another non-thread…

[/quote]

Have you read some of the other threads on the PWO forum? What makes you think some of these people are capable of understanding the use of metaphor?

ninearms wrote:
Another non-thread…

Have you read some of the other threads on the PWO forum? What makes you think some of these people are capable of understanding the use of metaphor?[/quote]

I try to avoid it. It’s like reading Stormfront sometimes.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Another non-thread…

• He’s used the phrase before:

“I think that both General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker are capable people who have been given an impossible assignment,” Sen. Barack Obama said yesterday in a telephone interview. “George Bush has given a mission to General Petraeus, and he has done his best to try to figure out how to put lipstick on a pig.”

• So has John McCain

• It’s better than calling your own wife a cunt.[/quote]

Good points, but I don’t think most people are gonna get that last reference.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.