Lions 1, Christians 0

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
A mentally ill man that expressed disbelief in god is now a christian?

Enough with these stupid threads picking moronic fights!
[/quote]

Why was he mentally ill?

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Why was he mentally ill?[/quote]

I don’t know WHY he was mentally ill.

Jumping into a lion cage is not the actions of a sane person.

I don’t know WHY he was mentally ill.

Jumping into a lion cage is not the actions of a sane person.[/quote]

I suppose not, going by the conventional version of sanity, but I would argue that many religious people do things that aren’t sane, including Christians.
And you never know, he may have been a true believer. He may not have jumped in to test God, but for some other reason.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
tme wrote:
Lioness in zoo kills man who invoked God

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060605/od_nm/ukraine_lion_dc_1

KIEV (Reuters) - A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lioness in Kiev zoo after he crept into the animal’s enclosure, a zoo official said on Monday.

“The man shouted ‘God will save me, if he exists’, lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions,” the official said.

“A lioness went straight for him, knocked him down and severed his carotid artery.”

The incident, Sunday evening when the zoo was packed with visitors, was the first of its kind at the attraction. Lions and tigers are kept in an “animal island” protected by thick concrete blocks.

Zeb and Steveo, I’ll bet your faith is stronger than this clowns was, give it a test and let us know how it works out.

There is a Biblical warning regarding testing God (you would know this tme if you actually read the Bible instead of taking pot shots at it.)

Your very own leader (sarcasm…maybe) tried to tempt Christ, Jesus made it very clear:

[b]LUKE 4: 12:

“Jesus answered, It says: Do not put the Lord your God to the test.”[/b]

Therefore, even if the man did have faith in God, which he did not:

"The man shouted ‘God will save me, if he exists.’

“If he exists?”

He would not have been saved from the Lion as he attempted to put God to the test.

tme, if you need any more Bible lessons all you have to do is ask. Posting stupid stuff…well it just makes you look…stupid!

:slight_smile:

[/quote]

Yeah, if he had just been mildy ubset about his faith the lion would have just thrown a bible at him open to Luke 4: 12.

God I hate releigion…

Funny story tho!

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
ZEB wrote:
vroom wrote:
Zeb,

You may not have started the threads, but you are more than happy to jump in and hold bibology classes while exhorting the value of biblechins…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, I like to participate in those threads. But of course I have never begun one, and that was the point…“A” vroom?

(Actually you and I have had some very good civil debate on one or two of those threads. In fact, I learned a great deal about your spirituality from those threads. Nothing wrong with that.)

Nitpicking ? If some guy was looting shops downtown and you entered a shop he had forced entry to and robbed a microwave oven would that be fine and dandy as the other guy started it.

Don’t reply just think it over in your head, your logic is strange.[/quote]

It’s somehow wrong to participate in a religious thread? We are just going to have to disagree on that point.

[/quote]

Bill Maher would argue that his devout faith in Christianity caused his mental illness.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Bill Maher would argue that his devout faith in Christianity caused his mental illness.[/quote]

LMAO - I think there is far more to his mental illness than just his devout faith.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Bill Maher would argue that his devout faith in Christianity caused his mental illness.[/quote]

Bill Maher is a moron.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
Bill Maher would argue that his devout faith in Christianity caused his mental illness.

Bill Maher is a moron.[/quote]

I agree but if you take everything he says as a joke then he is funny sometimes.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Dr. Stig wrote:
ZEB wrote:
vroom wrote:
Zeb,

You may not have started the threads, but you are more than happy to jump in and hold bibology classes while exhorting the value of biblechins…

Yea, I like to participate in those threads. But of course I have never begun one, and that was the point…“A” vroom?

(Actually you and I have had some very good civil debate on one or two of those threads. In fact, I learned a great deal about your spirituality from those threads. Nothing wrong with that.)

Nitpicking ? If some guy was looting shops downtown and you entered a shop he had forced entry to and robbed a microwave oven would that be fine and dandy as the other guy started it.

Don’t reply just think it over in your head, your logic is strange.

It’s somehow wrong to participate in a religious thread? We are just going to have to disagree on that point.
[/quote]

I don’t recall saying it was wrong to participate in a religous thread. I’ll just take it by that response that you see the point I was actually making.

End lion discrimination. We need more lions!

Here’s one…

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Dr. Stig wrote:
ZEB wrote:
vroom wrote:
Zeb,

Don’t reply just think it over in your head, your logic is strange.

I don’t recall saying it was wrong to participate in a religous thread. I’ll just take it by that response that you see the point I was actually making.[/quote]

I understand your point. It’s just that he accused me BEGINNING threads. And as you can clearly see I have never begun one.

Maybe the lion killed him because he both tested God AND expressed doubt of His existence.

If he had only tested God, without doubting Him, he probably would have just been bit on his arms and legs, like this guy:

TAIPEI, Taiwan – A frame grab from video shows a lion attacking a man who jumped into the animal’s enclosure and shouted “Jesus will save you” at the Taipei Zoo. The man, identified only by his surname, Chen, suffered from bite marks on his arms and legs. “He took this dangerous action today because he imagined he heard voices,” psychiatrist Teng Hui-wen told reporters, saying his case was still being investigated.

p.s. does this make it 2-0 or 1-1 ?

He heard voices? What? God told him to do it, huh?

I hear voice all the time.

Right now my gf is asking me to help with the dishes.

I’ll be right there dear.

[quote]MarcKeys wrote:
God I hate releigion…

Funny story tho![/quote]

Yeh, it’s a good thing that God has little to do with religion.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
tme wrote:
ZEB wrote:

tme, if you need any more Bible lessons all you have to do is ask.

Sure zeb, could you start a couple more bible threads in the Politics forum to enlighten all of us? That would be swell, and maybe Steveo could start a couple more, too.

There you go again saying stupid stuff!

I have never begun even ONE thread about the Bible, God or religion!

EVER!

Pssst…GET A CLUE!

[/quote]

Ah, you see the phenomenological nature that miricles use could be raised here…but in the reverse.

and there is no doubting that the bible has passages to cope with all eventaulitiies. After all, it has been thousands of years in the making. so that is no suprise.

Why is it then, if he went in there and the lioness did NOT eat him, would that likely to have been touted as an act of mercy from our ever present god.

You cant have it all ways.

[quote]miniross wrote:

You cant have it all ways.[/quote]

Oh yes, you can!

You can remember that being gay is an ABOMINATION, but conveniently forget that you have to kill your son if he is disobedient or your daughter if she has sex before being married.

Human beings are completely capable of doing that!

Good news, huh?