Lions 1, Christians 0

[quote]Lioness in zoo kills man who invoked God

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060605/od_nm/ukraine_lion_dc_1

KIEV (Reuters) - A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lioness in Kiev zoo after he crept into the animal’s enclosure, a zoo official said on Monday.

“The man shouted ‘God will save me, if he exists’, lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions,” the official said.

“A lioness went straight for him, knocked him down and severed his carotid artery.”

The incident, Sunday evening when the zoo was packed with visitors, was the first of its kind at the attraction. Lions and tigers are kept in an “animal island” protected by thick concrete blocks. [/quote]

Zeb and Steveo, I’ll bet your faith is stronger than this clowns was, give it a test and let us know how it works out.

[quote]tme wrote:
Lioness in zoo kills man who invoked God

KIEV (Reuters) - A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lioness in Kiev zoo after he crept into the animal’s enclosure, a zoo official said on Monday.

“The man shouted ‘God will save me, if he exists’, lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions,” the official said.

“A lioness went straight for him, knocked him down and severed his carotid artery.”

The incident, Sunday evening when the zoo was packed with visitors, was the first of its kind at the attraction. Lions and tigers are kept in an “animal island” protected by thick concrete blocks.

Zeb and Steveo, I’ll bet your faith is stronger than this clowns was, give it a test and let us know how it works out.

[/quote]

To test God is an impiety.

[quote]tme wrote:

The incident, Sunday evening when the zoo was packed with visitors, was the first of its kind at the attraction. Lions and tigers are kept in an “animal island” protected by thick concrete blocks.

[/quote]

uh oh…

[quote]nephorm wrote:
To test God is an impiety.[/quote]

Shhhh!

A mentally ill man that expressed disbelief in god is now a christian?

Enough with these stupid threads picking moronic fights!

No man, who were gonna to laugh at when there gone?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

[/quote]

Mentally ill? Why? Because he had faith that God would save him?

[quote]tme wrote:

[/quote]

There is a Biblical warning regarding testing God (you would know this tme if you actually read the Bible instead of taking pot shots at it.)

Your very own leader (sarcasm…maybe) tried to tempt Christ, Jesus made it very clear:

[b]LUKE 4: 12:

“Jesus answered, It says: Do not put the Lord your God to the test.”[/b]

Therefore, even if the man did have faith in God, which he did not:

"The man shouted ‘God will save me, if he exists.’

“If he exists?”

He would not have been saved from the Lion as he attempted to put God to the test.

tme, if you need any more Bible lessons all you have to do is ask. Posting stupid stuff…well it just makes you look…stupid!

:slight_smile:

More like,

Stupidity 1 - Sense 0

I think these attempts to make fun of the Bible are simply stupid and undignified.

If some one does not like the Religion threads, then simply ignore them. Do you march outside of a TV studio if you object to what they’re showing? No, you’d change the channel. Same advice applies here.

By posting in a Religion thread, it may be that the objectors are crying for help. I suggest that we pray for all concerned.

H2

[quote]vroom wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Mentally ill? Why? Because he had faith that God would save him?[/quote]

The quote “If he exists” makes me believe he had no faith.

Maybe you find this sane behavior. I do not.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

tme, if you need any more Bible lessons all you have to do is ask. [/quote]

Sure zeb, could you start a couple more bible threads in the Politics forum to enlighten all of us? That would be swell, and maybe Steveo could start a couple more, too.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I think these attempts to make fun of the Bible are simply stupid and undignified.
[/quote]

I agree. It is also just plain annoying. In addition, those who are trying to browbeat people into believing as they believe are no better than the person who stands on the street corner every day and yells scripture at the people passing by. Their tactics are doing nothing more than creating issues and annoying people as well. Both sides need to stop this nonsense. Enough is enough already.

Actually, there are some people who do march outside TV studios when they object to what they are showing. They also write letters to complain and try to convince companies to boycott the TV studio. I am just pointing this out to you in case someone from the “I hate religion” side makes a big case out of it. Regardless, I understand your point and agree with it as well.

[quote]
By posting in a Religion thread, it may be that the objectors are crying for help. I suggest that we pray for all concerned.

H2[/quote]

I think that those who originally post them and those who post on them to argue against them are just trying to stir the pot and create controversy. We should pray for both sides.

[quote]tme wrote:
ZEB wrote:

tme, if you need any more Bible lessons all you have to do is ask.

Sure zeb, could you start a couple more bible threads in the Politics forum to enlighten all of us? That would be swell, and maybe Steveo could start a couple more, too.

[/quote]

There you go again saying stupid stuff!

I have never begun even ONE thread about the Bible, God or religion!

EVER!

Pssst…GET A CLUE!

how about everybody shut the fuck up and lift? myself included. taking my own advice, i’m off to the gym. some of you should give it a try.

[quote]tme wrote:
ZEB wrote:
tme, if you need any more Bible lessons all you have to do is ask.

[/quote]

tme, you started this one.

[quote]tme wrote:
The incident, Sunday evening when the zoo was packed with visitors, was the first of its kind at the attraction.[/quote]

Did this line seem off to anyone else? It’s almost like the pseudo-religious kook maulings are normally at 1, 3, and 5 p.m. during the week or the nearby St. Petersburg Zoo has regular maulings and the Kiev Zoo is trying to keep up. Something about the words ‘attraction’ and ‘incident’ in the same sentence maybe?

Zeb,

You may not have started the threads, but you are more than happy to jump in and hold bibology classes while exhorting the value of biblechins…

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]vroom wrote:
Zeb,

You may not have started the threads, but you are more than happy to jump in and hold bibology classes while exhorting the value of biblechins…

:p[/quote]

Yea, I like to participate in those threads. But of course I have never begun one, and that was the point…“A” vroom?

(Actually you and I have had some very good civil debate on one or two of those threads. In fact, I learned a great deal about your spirituality from those threads. Nothing wrong with that.)

[quote]ZEB wrote:
vroom wrote:
Zeb,

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, I like to participate in those threads. But of course I have never begun one, and that was the point…“A” vroom?

(Actually you and I have had some very good civil debate on one or two of those threads. In fact, I learned a great deal about your spirituality from those threads. Nothing wrong with that.)

[/quote]

Nitpicking ? If some guy was looting shops downtown and you entered a shop he had forced entry to and robbed a microwave oven would that be fine and dandy as the other guy started it.

Don’t reply just think it over in your head, your logic is strange.