T Nation

LIMITS

I know what most are thinking…“aw, he is making this thread to start shit”.

I’m not. This type of thinking, at least in my eyes, is literally dangerous to the progress of anyone who actually has decent genetics for this and plans on doing anything. It is this type of thinking that send many people into drug use when they could have easily made even more progress naturally.

As I understand, there are some people who literally focus on these supposed limits so much, they use it to dictate to others how much progress THEY can make.

This isn’t science.

This is flat out human opinion and bias.

Why is it accepted so openly though?

Damn matt krock trying to hold people back.

yawn

I agree with his statement “Considering after the fourth year or so of natural lifting, gains are small or negligible,” I use that as a rationale that I should a) stay leaner and b) compete in PL/BB/whatever after a few years of this.

I dont understand the problem as long as you make progress you’re fine. Dont know why people come up with a “magical barrier” after 5,10,15 years.

excuse my bad english

Ha ha ha - you are truly pathetic.

Claim to not start shit, claim how the “Facebook friends” are fucking up the site, yet you post this nonsense and try to act as if it isn’t inflammatory, just for the sake of being inflammatory. What a bunch of bullshit.

And the worst part is your INCREDIBLE insecurity - you BEG and BEG Brick to compliment you and at the same time, denigrate him and his accomplishments at every possible turn.

You need a shrink - PRONTO.

Because thinking unreasonably that you can do whatever you want and make progress gaining endlessly left me looking like this:

[quote]
I know what most are thinking…“aw, he is making this thread to start shit”.[/quote]

It’s an alright post to me.

[quote]
I’m not. This type of thinking, at least in my eyes, is literally dangerous to the progress of anyone who actually has decent genetics for this and plans on doing anything. It is this type of thinking that send many people into drug use when they could have easily made even more progress naturally. [/quote]

I actually wish there weren’t limits. Actually, many people who accomplish something, and particularly if they accomplish something HUGE, say, win an Olympic event, they’re pretty satisfied with it (Michael Phelps for example).

[quote]

As I understand, there are some people who literally focus on these supposed limits so much, they use it to dictate to others how much progress THEY can make. [/quote]

I know I don’t focus on them, but they’re there.

[quote]

This isn’t science. [/quote]

I’m not sure if this outlook can be considered scientific, but it’s rational.

[quote]

This is flat out human opinion and bias.

Why is it accepted so openly though?[/quote]

Because we realize we can’t become the size of cars or run a mile in one minute simply by taking flying hops around the track, nor will anyone do those things.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

It is this type of thinking that send many people into drug use when they could have easily made even more progress naturally.

[/quote]

And if that someone has that decent genetic and want to go somewhere with this, what is the advantage, in your opinion, of “making even more progress naturally”?

Realizing you need to be realistic and set concrete goals taking a truly objective view of where I was, what I wanted, and where it was possible for me to be lead to me looking like this:

[quote]Mr.Jeannay wrote:
I dont understand the problem as long as you make progress you’re fine. Dont know why people come up with a “magical barrier” after 5,10,15 years.

excuse my bad english[/quote]

I didn’t ask about a goddamn barrier! I asked him where he sees himself in the future! Perhaps me seeing myself in five years with kids and doing more career stuff I’m setting a barrier!

i dont think its about getting the size of cars or running faster than a Cheetah. its about progress. getting better at what you do than you were before

“Most people’s muscular gains are STOPPED after 15 years of lifting and eating adequately.”

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Realizing you need to be realistic and set concrete goals taking a truly objective view of where I was, what I wanted, and where it was possible for me to be lead to me looking like this:[/quote]

Hey bro, great progress! Congratulations. I always like your posts here and this is very inspirational.

[quote]Mr.Jeannay wrote:
its about progress. getting better at what you do than you were before[/quote]

This is reasonable!

[quote]Brickhead wrote:
Most people’s muscular gains are STOPPED after 15 years of lifting and eating adequately. How are you going to do this?[/quote]

This statement is a very strong statement considering there is NOTHING to support this statement other than that you think this.

Why risk holding people back because of your own personal limitations?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Brickhead wrote:
Most people’s muscular gains are STOPPED after 15 years of lifting and eating adequately. How are you going to do this?[/quote]

This statement is a very strong statement considering there is NOTHING to support this statement other than that you think this.

Why risk holding people back because of your own personal limitations?[/quote]

I’m not. In fact I encourage people to get the most out of themselves, and if they’re smarter, stronger, more athletic, more capable, more talented than I am, so be it!

Actually, the limitation regarding muscular gains isn’t personal. Have you ever met any natural pros with more than a decade of experience, or even elite athletes? Why don’t you ask them how much muscle they’ve gained in the past year?

x2 doubleduce

My focus is to just set S.M.A.R.T. goals and keep hitting them. It’s actually very limiting to have vague goals.

Absolutely everyone sets limits everyone! Otherwise there would be people running around claiming they could jump a mile and run up walls when they reach their true potential. This is just people putting a cap on things a little further down than others and TBH I dont think anyone takes these boards as seriously as you all think and no amount of talking about limits will stop people training hard

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
x2 doubleduce

My focus is to just set S.M.A.R.T. goals and keep hitting them. It’s actually very limiting to have vague goals.[/quote]
Please end thread with these wise words.
Best Post

[quote]steven alex wrote:
Absolutely everyone sets limits everyone! Otherwise there would be people running around claiming they could jump a mile and run up walls when they reach their true potential. This is just people putting a cap on things a little further down than others and TBH I dont think anyone takes these boards as seriously as you all think and no amount of talking about limits will stop people training hard[/quote]

Hey Browndisaster I always thought that was you in your avi who is it?