Limbaugh's Operation Chaos

It seems to be working! Driving the Dems batshit crazy!

From left-wing kook Rosanne Barr:

“BARR: We have a lot of power, and there is a Democratic convention in Denver in just a short time, and we should, a bunch of us go there and repeat the Democratic convention from Chicago, just, like let’s cause a bunch of trouble. Let’s wrest back our government from six or seven, you know, guys like McCain and Romney and Bush from the top. Let’s just go take it, it’s ours. Nobody gives it to you, you just go take it. Let’s meet in Denver and let’s do it. Let’s get on a bus and whatever and let’s all meet up in Denver. I mean, seriously I’m willing to do it, I’ll put – even put some of my own money into it because I’m like committed.”

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_043008/content/01125107.guest.html

Operation Chaos…yeah!!!

I think it’s awesome as hell. I mean, the dumb cunt doesn’t even realize that she’s become a foot soldier in Operation Chaos.

I wish her and Rosie would get together and commit double suicide. The world would be a better place for it.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
I think it’s awesome as hell. I mean, the dumb cunt doesn’t even realize that she’s become a foot soldier in Operation Chaos.

I wish her and Rosie would get together and commit double suicide. The world would be a better place for it.[/quote]

No - we need some humor in this world. Their criminal stupidity is better than anything anyone could script.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

I wish her and Rosie would get together and commit double suicide. The world would be a better place for it.

No - we need some humor in this world. Their criminal stupidity is better than anything anyone could script. [/quote]

Yup!

[quote]pat wrote:
rainjack wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

No - we need some humor in this world. Their criminal stupidity is better than anything anyone could script.

Yup![/quote]

Seconded.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

No - we need some humor in this world. Their criminal stupidity is better than anything anyone could script. [/quote]

You’re probably right. I heard Rosie on TV today talking about how Rev. Wright is not a bad guy and that what he said was inspirational, and made sense. I mean, WTF!!

She’s a real gem.

Here goes an article about your Operation Chaos.

Now I will admit that I am going by the article’s depiction (tell me if it is wrong or incomplete) of Operation Chaos; no, there is nothing illegal about it, but what do you hope to accomplish???
Also, given that Obama still kicked Hillary’s ass big time in North Carolina and narrowly lost in Indiana, do you think that Operation Chaos was a success?

-Entheogens (Obama supporter)

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Now I will admit that I am going by the article’s depiction (tell me if it is wrong or incomplete) of Operation Chaos; no, there is nothing illegal about it, but what do you hope to accomplish???
Also, given that Obama still kicked Hillary’s ass big time in North Carolina and narrowly lost in Indiana, do you think that Operation Chaos was a success?

-Entheogens (Obama supporter)[/quote]

What Operation Chaos intends to acheive:

Bloody up Obama, politically, using the Clinton campaign as the vehicle

Drain the DNC of campaign funds

Create chaos within the Democrat party, causing them to fight each other instead of uniting

Unecessarily prolong the Democrat primary, essentially turning it into a running joke and exposing both Obama and Clinton in the process

Make liberals red faced and bitchy, and annoy the mainstream media

Looks like Operation Chaos is a success, and then some! Rush is a genius!

Can we just kill Rush Limbaugh already.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Looks like Operation Chaos is a success, and then some! Rush is a genius![/quote]

I don’t see how it can be counted as a success. The situation that you describe as the aim was already, more or less, in place. I don’t see why you give Rush credit. I think your approval would be better directed towards Ms. Clinton.

It is a definate success. Rush has 30 million listeners daily. He asked people to cross over and vote for Hillary in certain primaries in order to prolong the bickering between the two. Rush deserves credit. It’s undoubtedly a success. Give the show a listen. Barack is exposed for who he truly is! God bless America

Not sure if it is a measurable success, but Hillary remains in the game, winning primaries. At this late hour, Obama should have closed the deal, but HRC remains.

I am not sure GOP crossover has a huge amount of influence, possibly some. I think most of it is genuine dissatisfaction with Obama, who is looking more and more like a trainwreck for a general election.

Interestingly, just as an anecdote, I have a neighbor and a very good friend who was visiting the other day. I found out she was supporting Obama. I expressed my distaste for her choice, and she replied that she liked his message. Off the top of my head, I asked her if she had heard of these Obama-related issues:

-Tony Rezko
-William Ayers
-Undistinguished state legislature career and the “present” votes
-Woeful US Senate career, including holding zero meetings as chair of the Committee on European Affairs
-Firearms bill that would essentially negate firearms sales
-Refusing to vote for Chief Justice Roberts

She had heard of exactly none of these. None. Nor could she give any reasoned argument as to what Obama had planned for his administration.

Par for the course for the “intellectuals” throwing their enlightened weight behind a man so brilliant in his own mind he wrote an autobiography at…34 years of age.

After years of the Left groaning about the perceived incompetence, groupthink, and the cult of personality of the Bush administration, we get…Barack Obama?

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

After years of the Left groaning about the perceived incompetence, groupthink, and the cult of personality of the Bush administration, we get…Barack Obama?[/quote]

Seconded.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Here goes an article about your Operation Chaos.

-Entheogens (Obama supporter)[/quote]

Hillary never had a chance in NC - if Obama is winning 90% of the black vote (which he is), and the black vote is 50% of the Dem primary vote in NC (which it is), she was toast from the get go in NC. Indiana was interesting in that the northwestern portion of the state borders Illinois and is served by the Chicago media market - practically like part of Obama’s home state.

I think Operation Chaos helped most in Texas - if she had lost there, she was out. So if it did help her win Texas, which it arguably did, it furthered all of the goals that TB laid out, and continues to do so as Hillary is staying in through the remainder of the votes - and probably through the convention if she sweeps the last three contests (there is a good likelihood she will).

• BB (not an Obama supporter - or a Hillary supporter)

This op-ed in the WSJ brilliantly and satirically sets out what Operation Chaos was about, without mentioning it once… and the reason it works out is that it’s a Clinton, who will fight dirty and to the end…

[i]Don’t Let It End
By JAMES TARANTO
May 8, 2008

Dear Mrs. Clinton,

The Associated Press ( http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080507/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_rdp ) reported yesterday that you say you "will remain in the presidential race ‘until there’s a nominee.’ " We were glad to hear it, but then we read the very next sentence: “The former first lady declined to say whether that meant through the roll call of the states at the Democratic National Convention this summer.”

We hope you’re just being coy, because so much is at stake here, and we hear lots of Democrats are urging you to call it quits. “George McGovern is switching his support for Hillary Clinton in this year’s race for the Democratic presidential nomination to Barack Obama, and he urged her to drop her bid so the party can unify behind one candidate,” Bloomberg reports ( Bloomberg Politics - Bloomberg ):

[quote]McGovern said the time has come for the two top Democrats to stop fighting each other and for the party to begin preparing for the general election battle against the likely Republican nominee, Arizona Senator John McCain.

"We've got to start getting ready for McCain," McGovern said in an interview. "This is a Democratic year unless we Democrats defeat ourselves."[/quote]

Do you think George McGovern really has the best interests of the party at heart? Think about it. For 36 years he has been known as the guy who lost 49 states, and that’s got to grate. For 24 years he has been known as the first guy who lost 49 states. George McGovern is 85 years old. He won’t get many more chances to see someone lose 50 states.

The Associated Press, meanwhile, reports that other Democrats are not exactly profiles in courage ( HeadlineAlley ):

[quote] Apart from George McGovern, a plainspoken man who knows something about losing elections, not a single Democrat of national stature publicly urged Hillary Rodham Clinton on Wednesday to end her campaign for the White House.

They didn't have to.

There was no shortage of other ways to signal, suggest, insinuate or instigate the same thing. And certainly no need to apply unseemly pressure to a historic political figure, a woman who has run a grueling race, won millions of votes and drawn uncounted numbers of new Democratic voters to the polls.

Instead, many Democrats instead preferred to say softly what the party's 1972 presidential nominee said for all to hear.[/quote]

These chauvinists think that they can “signal, suggest, insinuate or instigate” you out of the race, and that, being a woman, you’ll respond to such cajoling. We know you’re tougher than that. And in any case, do they really think they’ll defeat John McCain, who endured years of torture at the hands of the North Vietnamese, by taking such a dainty approach?

Is this the way to sell a nominee who pals around with unrepentant Weather Underground terrorists and goes to the “God damn America church”? And that’s only what we know about Obama. What if it turns out that he has other dubious associations, exotic middle names, etc.? Does anyone doubt that the Republican Attack Machine would use such information against him? If you can unearth it before the convention, you can use it for the good of the Democratic Party.

Mrs. Clinton, you’ve gotten a bum rap. Exit polls ( Election Center 2008: Primary Exit Polls - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com ) found that only 49% of primary voters in North Carolina think you are honest and trustworthy, vs. 71% for Obama. But as blogger Larry Johnson notes ( http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/05/06/obama-field-director-urges-people-to-lie-to-their-bosses/ ), the Obama campaign has actually resorted to urging its supporters to be dishonest. He quotes from an email sent Monday by Jason Green, Obama’s Charlotte, N.C., field director:

Bill Clinton in 2000 said, “If you work hard and play by the rules, you ought to have a decent life and a chance for your children to have a better one.” Now the Obama campaign says, “Call in sick if you have to.”

We see from this morning’s USA Today that you’re picking up this theme, telling the paper: “There was just an AP article posted that found how Senator Obama’s support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans is weakening again. . . . I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on.”

This is generally quite good. It’s an especially nice touch ending the sentence with a preposition; it shows that you aren’t one of those pedantic eggheads who want to take away guns and force them to go to college. You know that Mr. Arugula would say, “. . . on which to build a winning coalition.”

Just one bit of constructive criticism. You should have left out the mention of “white Americans.” It makes it sound as though you think black Americans aren’t hard-working. Even if you do think this, some things are better left unsaid. If you do win the nomination, you’re going to need the support of blacks in November.

There’s one more reason to stay and fight: to undo the damage Al Gore did to the Democratic Party in 2000. That year, he went all the way to the Supreme Court in an effort to nullify the results in Florida and steal the election from George W. Bush. Florida voters were none too pleased with this, and in 2004 they gave Bush an overwhelming margin against John Kerry.

Incredibly, Obama is trying to disfranchise Florida voters again–and Michigan ones, too. Yes, “the rules” are on his side, but there are limits to that work-hard-and-play-by-the-rules stuff. Gore assembled a team of Democratic legal superstars to press his case against Florida; surely some of them would be willing to do penance by helping to re-enfranchise Sunshine and Wolverine state Democrats.

Sure, things look grim now, but you’ve survived worse. Remember how you and Bill stared down the vast right-wing conspiracy? They thought they would destroy his presidency and your marriage. Instead, you’re a U.S. senator and he’s in line to be the first male first lady. So buck up, work hard, and play by the rules, bending them a little if you have to. You can still win this thing. Yes, you can.

Cheers,
James[/i]

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
I think Operation Chaos helped most in Texas - if she had lost there, she was out. So if it did help her win Texas, which it arguably did, it furthered all of the goals that TB laid out, and continues to do so as Hillary is staying in through the remainder of the votes - and probably through the convention if she sweeps the last three contests (there is a good likelihood she will).
[/quote]

Ok, that is where I was misunderstanding. I didn’t know that Operation Chaos had been in place for some time. I thought it was recent. So, you are right, it could have been effective for Republicans as has been suggested.