Lil Wayne: Get A Life

I thought he was going to start singing “free credit report dot com” during the chorus.

terrible.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
I thought he was going to start singing “free credit report dot com” during the chorus.[/quote]

LOL

Weezy is good for comedy and that’s about it really. I’m not impressed that he never writes shit down. I’m not impressed that he uses the worst wordplay ever. I’m not impressed that his raps almost NEVER say anything coherent - and when they do, it probably has to do with the pitfalls of fame.

Fuck this guy.

All the people who like him now are caught up with his delivery and translating that to him being a good rapper. I didn’t like him when he was with the Hot Boys and I still don’t. I’ve been told that he admited on a song that he doesn’t write his own shit and someone else writes most of his songs for him. Doesn’t matter because every lil Wayne verse I hear only has like one or 2 good lines in it and the rest is just delivery hype of bad and/or non-rhyming lyrics. I heard most of the rock album he did, my friend downloaded most of it before it came out. A couple songs were alright, but the rest got my typical response to one of his songs. meh

I hate that Luda put him on the last of a dying breed song, kind of defeats the purpose of the song in my opinion.

I will give him props for trying something different. Even if he did use that damn voice-box on most of the tracks that has already been played out.

aimed at lil wayne

[quote]TDub301 wrote:
All the people who like him now are caught up with his delivery and translating that to him being a good rapper. I didn’t like him when he was with the Hot Boys and I still don’t. I’ve been told that he admited on a song that he doesn’t write his own shit and someone else writes most of his songs for him. Doesn’t matter because every lil Wayne verse I hear only has like one or 2 good lines in it and the rest is just delivery hype of bad and/or non-rhyming lyrics. I heard most of the rock album he did, my friend downloaded most of it before it came out. A couple songs were alright, but the rest got my typical response to one of his songs. meh

I hate that Luda put him on the last of a dying breed song, kind of defeats the purpose of the song in my opinion.[/quote]

You heard, you heard, you heard bullshit. He admitted on a milli that he doesn’t write his shit down because he doesn’t have the time, not that he has someone else write his shit. I am sorry but if you are putting out 150+ songs a year (do the math one every two days or so) do you really have time to do anything else, no the kid just freestyles most of it.

I didn’t like Get a Life, But the song Hot Revolver on the same album was a good track.

Don’t like the music vid but:

[quote]jahall wrote:
The Carter 3
Like Father Like Son
We are young money
Da Drought 3
Dedication
No Ceilings

90% of his singles.

All of these albums by Lil Wayne I love. That being said, this song isn’t for me.

But i’ll be damned if I have ever seen someone go this far out on a limb. This has to be on par with Metallica doing a symphony with the philharmonic, and possibly Run DMC doing that mash up with Aerosmith.

But i dont’ think this album is going to be very successful, he relies wayyy too heavily on auto-tune and doesn’t have much of a voice to start with. Plus he is doing pop songs, I think he would probably be better suited for metal songs ala Ice-T with bodycount.

Gotta give him props for trying something new though. [/quote]

WHAT??? Run DMC teaming with Aerosmith was two really shrewd groups getting together to open themselves up to new audiences. Metallica getting with the symphony was a way to make their music more powerful. This is just some clown rapper who sucks at rapping trying his hand at sucking at other music. I have no fucking clue how this guy is rich and famous. Nothing he says makes any sense. He is truely one of the worst things to ever happen to commercial music.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

I hate that Luda put him on the last of a dying breed song, kind of defeats the purpose of the song in my opinion.[/quote]

You heard, you heard, you heard bullshit. He admitted on a milli that he doesn’t write his shit down because he doesn’t have the time, not that he has someone else write his shit. I am sorry but if you are putting out 150+ songs a year (do the math one every two days or so) do you really have time to do anything else, no the kid just freestyles most of it.
[/quote]

He also called himself a goon in that song and then said later that those who live by goon rules ain’t shit to a goblin in that same song, so what’s your point? I don’t buy for a second that the guy doesn’t write music down. I’ve heard the same thing about Biggie and Jay-Z, and I don’t buy that either. And, it doesn’t matter if he had a ghost writer, writes it himself, flows or gets the lyrics beamed to him from his Martian friends, it still sucks. And this was one of the worst things I’ve ever heard, and I only listend to like 6 seconds. The guy is absolute garbage.

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

[/quote]

No wonder the lyrics are mostly terrible, at least from the fair amount of songs I’ve heard. If the song isn’t good, it didn’t take that long to write it. Does he do his own production? Cuz if he doesn’t, then he is only involved in part of the song anyway. The majority of the work is done by the people who are producing/mixing the song, not him.

I also heard (I know just heard, I will stress that) that one of his hit singles from several years ago was ghost-written and produced by someone living here in DC. I wish I knew which one and could confirm it. Any truth to that? since you obviously know/work with Lil Wayne and know the complete truth about everything he is involved in?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]jahall wrote:
The Carter 3
Like Father Like Son
We are young money
Da Drought 3
Dedication
No Ceilings

90% of his singles.

All of these albums by Lil Wayne I love. That being said, this song isn’t for me.

But i’ll be damned if I have ever seen someone go this far out on a limb. This has to be on par with Metallica doing a symphony with the philharmonic, and possibly Run DMC doing that mash up with Aerosmith.

But i dont’ think this album is going to be very successful, he relies wayyy too heavily on auto-tune and doesn’t have much of a voice to start with. Plus he is doing pop songs, I think he would probably be better suited for metal songs ala Ice-T with bodycount.

Gotta give him props for trying something new though. [/quote]

WHAT??? Run DMC teaming with Aerosmith was two really shrewd groups getting together to open themselves up to new audiences. Metallica getting with the symphony was a way to make their music more powerful. This is just some clown rapper who sucks at rapping trying his hand at sucking at other music. I have no fucking clue how this guy is rich and famous. Nothing he says makes any sense. He is truely one of the worst things to ever happen to commercial music.[/quote]

The ONLY difference between those two examples and Lil Wayne is that Wayne kinda failed at it, where the examples were successful.

And that those two examples had talent and Lil Wayne has none, and that those two examples earned their recognition where Wayne was inexplicably handed his despite being fucking terrible.

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

[quote]TDub301 wrote:

[/quote]

No wonder the lyrics are mostly terrible, at least from the fair amount of songs I’ve heard. If the song isn’t good, it didn’t take that long to write it. Does he do his own production? Cuz if he doesn’t, then he is only involved in part of the song anyway. The majority of the work is done by the people who are producing/mixing the song, not him.

I also heard (I know just heard, I will stress that) that one of his hit singles from several years ago was ghost-written and produced by someone living here in DC. I wish I knew which one and could confirm it. Any truth to that? since you obviously know/work with Lil Wayne and know the complete truth about everything he is involved in?[/quote]

I don’t know anything about that, but you took information from a song and misquoted him, and I corrected you.

Ok, I’ll give you that, although my friend took info from that song and misquoted it to me, to be fair. I have never heard said song, myself.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
And that those two examples had talent and Lil Wayne has none, and that those two examples earned their recognition where Wayne was inexplicably handed his despite being fucking terrible.[/quote]

What’s the point. What’s the point? Why am I even fucking typing this? FUCK! Why do I even try? This is so fuckin’ frustrating. I can’t believe I’m gonna click submit. But there I go…

EDIT: Seriously, fuck. >:(