Likely Starting TRT Soon

https://www.google.com/search?q=research+chemical+anastrozole

Thank you

Ok, I am waiting on anastrozole to arrive. From what I THINK I have read, I should start using it even before my first E2 test which will be in about 8 weeks. The dosage I THINK i should use is my weight (300) / 160, or 1.875 mg/wk, divided into three doses of .625 mg. if this is correct, I think I would like to start at .5 mg per dose e3d, both for ease of measurement and to see how I do at that dose. If E2 levels remain elevated, I should use the formula KS lays out on page 13 of the E2 sticky to make adjustments.

My T dose is 100mg per week using 200mg/ml. I have been dosing at 50 mg (0.25 ml) twice a week. If I go to e3d, I THINK I should be injecting 0.2 ml on Mon, Thurs, Sun, Wed, Sat, Tue, Fri…and so on. Am I getting that right? This would equate to 10 doses of 40 mg, or 400 mg over 30 days which is pretty darn close to the prescribed dose of 100 mg every 7 days, or 400mg over 28 days.

This is pretty much the course that I plan on following, so if have something wrong, please let me know.

As always, I really appreciate the expertise provided here.

Do not start with more that 1.0mg anastrozole per week. If you are an over-responder, that would be hell. Anastrozole should match T dose, not body weight. So see what the labs suggest and then use the adjustment formula.

Dose for E3D is 100mg/week * 1 week /7 days * 3 = 100*3/7

Today was my 4th injection of E3D SQ dosing. I had been doing 2x per week of 50 mg, now E3D of 40 mg. I was wondering if anyone doing that kind of dosing has found it to be not as effective as IM. I don’t know if it is the smaller dose or the SQ method, but I feel like I am going backwards. The last 2 or 3 days I have been feeling as tired and periodically depressed as before I started 2 months ago.

I know a couple of possibilities it could be. I started getting very sensitive nipples, no morning or otherwise random wood, and some occasional lower leg swelling. I started .25 mg anastrozole E3D to lower my E2. The symptoms I just mentioned have subsided, but that’s when the fatigue and moodiness stared, which seems counter intuitive.

I also have started to feel like I am getting a cold, so it could be that as well.

I know that’s a lot of variables and possibilities, but I keep thinking maybe I felt better on slightly higher, albeit slightly less frequent dosing IM, instead the the more frequent SQ.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Too many things going on at once, see what you can smooth out.

I got my first labs back today since starting TRT on January 9, so roughly 9 weeks. I really wasnt surprised at the numbers. 621 TT (started at around 320) and just over middle of the road free and bio-available as well. I say I wasnt surprised because after feeling pretty good for about 4 weeks, I must say my feeling the last few weeks has been…middle of the road. I have been using a liquid AI (2mg/week divided seems to work well) and was glad to see the E2 at 23. I guess my concern is the Hematocrit that came in at 51.7. That is up from 46.7 before I started. I would like to try to push for a little higher T levels, but think my doc might actually want to go the other way based on the Hematocrit levels.

I’m looking again for some help on these issues, as well as input on any other clues my labs might suggest. I’ll put in my pre-TRT values on the T related numbers.

THANKS!

CBC (INCLUDES DIFF/PLT)
WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT 6.6 3.8-10.8 Thousand/uL
RED BLOOD CELL COUNT 5.57 4.20-5.80 Million/uL
HEMOGLOBIN 16.8 13.2-17.1 g/dL
HEMATOCRIT 51.7 H 38.5-50.0 %
MCV 92.9 80.0-100.0 fL
MCH 30.2 27.0-33.0 pg
MCHC 32.5 32.0-36.0 g/dL
RDW 13.4 11.0-15.0 %
PLATELET COUNT 241 140-400 Thousand/uL
ABSOLUTE NEUTROPHILS 4033 1500-7800 cells/uL
ABSOLUTE LYMPHOCYTES 1980 850-3900 cells/uL
ABSOLUTE MONOCYTES 475 200-950 cells/uL
ABSOLUTE EOSINOPHILS 73 15-500 cells/uL
ABSOLUTE BASOPHILS 40 0-200 cells/uL
NEUTROPHILS 61.1 %
LYMPHOCYTES 30.0 %
MONOCYTES 7.2 %
EOSINOPHILS 1.1 %
BASOPHILS 0.6 %

PSA, TOTAL 1.1 < OR = 4.0 ng/mL (was 0.8)
TESTOSTERONE, FREE,BIO
AND TOTAL, LC/MS/MS
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL,
LC/MS/MS 621 250-1100 ng/dL (was 319 and 327)
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 156.8 46.0-224.0 pg/mL (was 71.2)
TESTOSTERONE,BIOAVAILABLE 336.2 110.0-575.0 ng/dL (was 155.7)
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 14 10-50 nmol/L (was 15)
ALBUMIN,SERUM 4.7 3.6-5.1 g/dL (was 4.8)
PROLACTIN 4.4 2.0-18.0 ng/mL (was 6.2)
ESTRADIOL 23 < OR = 39 pg/mL

You have to give this some time to allow E2 to balance out and your body to respond to that and you have to get the cold virus possibility resolved too. We had one guy freaking out about body aches for a while, then it turned out that he had the flu.

Note that it take around one week for an anastrozole dose change to deliver final serum E2 levels.

I think I’m past the issues of my 2/26 post. I got over whatever bug I was fighting and went back to IM shots. I think I respond better to those. My concern was the high hematocrit level. I gave a pint of blood at Red Cross yesterday and do feel better today. My BP was higher than normal when they did the pre-screening, and I had been feeling it. Like I said, better 24 hours after the donation.

I hope my doc is ok with that. As I mentioned yesterday, 12 weeks and I was at 621, 5 days after my last 100mg shot. I would ke to get over 800, but doc may be nervous about the thick blood (I am too). Maybe he will allow a little bump in dosage, let me continue to watch the numbers and donate every 8 weeks as necessary.

I read somewhere that Saw Palmetto might help with DHT conversion, and subsequently high hematocrit levels. Does anyone know if that is accurate?

I was not under the impression that DHT promoted hematocrit increased, only T in general for those few so affected. Many struggle with hematocrit, somehow I do not think that Saw Palmetto is the answer. DHT is mission critical for libido.