Lightsout85 Workout Log - Condo Life

Hi there,

I’m going to do my best to maintain a daily lifting log in order to try and

1. Keep myself accountable
  2. Get advice from peeps that have forgotten more about lifting that I will ever know

A quick microwave bio on myself

Height: 6’4
Weight 276
Training experience: lifted quite a bit throughout university, mainly heavy compound movements and some Olympic lifts. Then I graduated, got a job and gf and basically gave myself every reason under the sun to not go to the gym from “well my diet isn’t in check, so why should i go to the gym?” to “it’s too cold outside…”.

Flash forward 7 years and I’ve had my impetus moment, where I realize that life is too short to not make the most out of it. And with that, I want to make the most out of something that I love to do, but have gotten away from, which is training.

I’m not following any particular training regiment currently, more just looking to get back into the swing of things per say. The goal is to use the equipment that is currently available to me and once I have an established cadence in training, i will invest in a proper commercial gym membership if necessary.

Current gym equipment is as follows (it’s a condo so no barbells or plates available)
DB’s 2.5 - 60 lbs
2 treadmills
1 multi-stack gym

05/31/2015 work out

Flat dB bench press
30lbs X 10, 35 X 8, 45 X 8, 50 X 7
Machine chest flys
40 X 10 x 4
incline Chest DB bench press
25lbs x 10, 30 x 8 x 2
overhead chest press
25 lbs x 10
–note I still have no idea how to do these properly, I’ve watched countless videos, articles, and still i don’t feel any sort of muscle connection when I do this exercise. Any tips or should i just nix them??

Tricep press downs
50 x 10 x 3

Planks holding for 30 seconds x3

Diet isn’t going to be complicated. I’m terrible at following diet plans to a “T” so i’m going to try and avoid 3 things.

1. Processed foods
  2. Sugars
  3. Gluten (if possible)

I don’t have celiac disease, i’m just curious as to how my body will respond to a low or no gluten diet.

Water intake shouldn’t be a problem, I have no issues with drinking between 4-6 litres of water a day.

Supps will be Protein powder, Vitamins C,D, BCAA for PW, resveratrol, L-carnatine, and probiotics.

I’ll be posting some pics in the next few days, wish me luck and I look forward to providing updates and getting feedback.

Sore from yesterday, can’t wait for the DOMS to really set in.

Did back today, forgot to throw in biceps, need to remember that for next time.

Lat pull downs wide grip
80 x 10, 90x10 , 100x10,120x8
Machine rows
80x10,100x10, 110x10 , 130x8
Face pulls
30x10, 40x10, 50x8x2
Chainsaws
55x10x2

10 minutes of cardio