T Nation

Lighting is Strange.

To start off im pretty white. In certain light, expecially lights thats right above i look alot more detailed and seperated. If its just regular room light i dont look as detailed. If i get a tan would that bring out the detail more? I heard it would. Just want some opinions.

Either get a tan or wear a lamp on your head.

I look pretty defined, but I’ve never had a sunburn in my life (I stay tan).

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Either get a tan or wear a lamp on your head. [/quote]

Tried the lamp thing, didnt work out to well with the ladies. Just kidding. Ill start tanning monday. Hope it works like im thinking it will.

I’m the same way. I’ve also currently working another angle to this, so tell me what you think:

that maybe more definition will make me look more defined.

DB

Or maybe more definition will make you look tan.

Screw working out, just stay in the shadows so you look ripped.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Screw working out, just stay in the shadows so you look ripped.[/quote]

Yeah, tried that too. You just get to many wierd looks, and get called a freak.

Yeah, the tan helps in general, but tan or not, there will be flattering lighting and unflattering lighting.

In some lighting, like in my bathroom where it’s coming from overhead and it’s not TOO bright, I sometimes think, “Wow! I look really cut!” But then standing in front of a mirror in my bedroom with the bright sunlight blazing through the window at mid-day (just a minute later) I can look completely smooth and definition-free. Depressing. (Sigh).

[quote]Damici wrote:
Yeah, the tan helps in general, but tan or not, there will be flattering lighting and unflattering lighting.

In some lighting, like in my bathroom where it’s coming from overhead and it’s not TOO bright, I sometimes think, “Wow! I look really cut!” But then standing in front of a mirror in my bedroom with the bright sunlight blazing through the window at mid-day (just a minute later) I can look completely smooth and definition-free. Depressing. (Sigh).[/quote]

yeah.
this increases/decreases whether in the morning/post-workout or after i just had 4 meals