Weird, but impressive

I won’t be doing it with the lower body lifts. I’ll stick to Training Maximally for those. I’ve basically been doing AMRAP sets but I haven’t paid attention to my personal or e1RM. I’ve been doing myo reps which is an AMRAP followed by mini sets of 2-5 reps every 20 seconds.

My incline weight has been too light at 50% so going to FSL might be the answer. Thanks!

1 Like

Which is exactly what I plan to do once I get them where I like them. Pretty sure you got me into TM, it’s smart.

For e1RM, I would usually just make my best guess, figure out what 90% of that is, and then set the weights just slightly lower. But that is because I like my AMRAP sets going over 10 reps. Pumpity pump.

1 Like

My weights are pretty dialed in. When I first started 5/3/1 I always tried to beat the previous e1RM and I stressed about it. It also sucks needing to hit 17 deadlift reps with 3 plates to “progress”.

In fact, I just don’t like AMRAPs for leg work. They are unpleasant and I’ve been doing this too long to do things I hate. My performance measures are deadlift and power clean strength and my vertical.

1 Like

Sounds smart. I hate the lower body AMRAPs, and will drop them as soon as I don’t feel like a weakling any longer.

1 Like

Speaking of hating lower body AMRAP, etc.

C1W2D4 - Squat 531 BBB + Bench EMB. All extra stuff at FSL weight, fun times.

Had to do the bench EMB first because it was too busy to try to superset and all the racks were in use. I don’t like changing it up like that, but oh well. Bench was easy peasy. Did 17 on the squat last time at 90 kilo, so need to get within a few reps of that with 95. Turned out to be not big problem, mighta had more but didn’t want to die during the last 5 BBB sets.

• Decline Barbell Bench Press

• 40 kg x 5 reps
    • 60 kg x 5 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
  • Barbell Squat

• 40 kg x 5 reps
    • 55 kg x 5 reps
    • 65 kg x 3 reps
    • 75 kg x 3 reps
    • 85 kg x 3 reps
    • 95 kg x 17 reps
    • 75 kg x 10 reps
    • 75 kg x 10 reps
    • 75 kg x 10 reps
    • 75 kg x 10 reps
    • 75 kg x 10 reps

Sweaty work. Days 2 and 4 always have me soaking.

5 Likes

That is some serious squatting mate.

1 Like

Well, it is a darn sight better than it was a month ago.

1 Like

Finally got my first vaccine shot, Pfizer flavored. Now to see if random metal objects will actually stick to me. Seems that could be an advantage in the gym.

3 Likes

Jesus, you guys are behind.

I had Pfizer about a month ago, nein sidundfects yet.

1 Like

No magnetivity yet here. You’ll get used to the nightly child abductions we have to carry out for our lord and master. It’s an inconvenience at first but the man needs to drink his blood, so what are you gonna do?

4 Likes

Yeah, all of Europe is behind. But are you guys not slower on the second shot?

That depends how old you are, I believe.

A follow-up question: How long between first shot and second shot?

Down here it is 3 weeks

1 Like

Depends how old and how you book it I believe, we have two separate systems in play. I’m told anywhere between 3 and 12 weeks.

1 Like

Here they are doing it 4 to 5 weeks. What I have heard about the UK system is that they have focused more on ensuring that as many people as possible get the first vaccine quickly. Here they are going slower on first vaccine and making sure the second one comes quicker. Which way is best? Who knows.

1 Like

Two weeks over here. One of my daughter’s friend’s parents got the vaccine and got Covid last week. The side effects of round two here are pretty bad. It has knocked most people on their arse for a full day - fever, aches, all that fun stuff.

2 Likes

I also got Pfizer. I had no side effects from the second dose besides a sore arm for several days, like the first dose. It seems like people have either little to no immune response or an awful one.

3 Likes

I think the more severe reactions are still labeled as “occasional side effects”, which would indicate that they are the exception rather than the norm. But still common enough that we all know people who has had them.

My arm currently feels like it got punched kinda hard. Glad I don’t have to press today, I don’t like even the slightest thing being off.

1 Like

The Internet is also a great place for people to report frustration rather than positive or neutral experiences.

2 Likes