T Nation

Light Squats and Mediocre Kung Fu

You could make money as a PT just following people around and saying shit like that.

2 Likes

I am a PT mate

2 Likes

Haha, well at least you seem suited for the job.

1 Like

Maybe interest you in some online coaching mate

Get you all buff and stuff :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Off Day yesterday, back at it today.

C1W2D1 - Press 531 BBB and DL EMB

Fairly okay results. Good in relation to the starting point, bad in terms of past history. BBB done with a bit more than FSL for this week, except Deadlifts which will probably never go beyond the minimum.

• Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP)

• 25 kg x 5 reps
    • 30 kg x 5 reps
    • 35 kg x 3 reps
    • 40 kg x 5 reps
    • 50 kg x 3 reps
    • 52.5 kg x 17 reps
    • 42.5 kg x 10 reps
    • 42.5 kg x 10 reps
    • 42.5 kg x 10 reps
    • 42.5 kg x 10 reps
    • 42.5 kg x 10 reps
  • Barbell Deadlift

• 60 kg x 5 reps
    • 90 kg x 10 reps
    • 90 kg x 10 reps
    • 90 kg x 10 reps
    • 90 kg x 10 reps
    • 90 kg x 10 reps
  • Ab Wheel (standing)

• 10 reps

Also managed 10 reps on the ab wheel. Which is equivalent to (calculates numbers) 14 weeks of ab exercises.

7 Likes

Off program day, very easy and quick pulling. Other than the weight PUs which I would like to improve a little, this is just on maintenance.

• Pull-Up

• 5 reps
    • 6 reps
    • 7 reps
    • 8 reps
    • 9 reps
    • 10 reps
    • 6 reps
  • Isolateral Plate Loaded Row

• 90 lb x 10 reps
    • 110 lb x 10 reps
    • 140 lb x 10 reps
    • 140 lb x 10 reps
    • 180 lb x 10 reps
    • 230 lb x 10 reps
    • 180 lb x 10 reps
    • 90 lb x 40 reps
  • Seated Cable Row

• 75 lb x 10 reps
    • 90 lb x 10 reps
    • 105 lb x 10 reps
4 Likes

What weight on the pull ups?

1 Like

All of it, lol

1 Like

Yes it is.
From HSPU to standing ab wheels, you have some awesome strength.

1 Like

These were all unweighted, if that is what you were asking. I was literally just floating up and down as if by magic.

2 Likes

C1W2D2 - Bench 531 BBB + Squat EMB

Just kinda a “meh” result today. Weight went to 90, and did the same number of reps last time I did 90 (pre-official program), and it all felt hard as balls. On the other hand, have been very busy this week and not really eating enough. Weight is not spiking anymore, has gone down a bit down from the 0.9 Simos from a couple weeks ago. Will have to figure out how I am going to improve on this next week when I have to push 95. There will be hell to pay if I do not hit at least 10.

All the extra stuff was done with FSL weights, and alternating. Which really fucking sucks for EMB squats, might be my least favorite day. Pretty tiring, gets me all sweaty and I don’t sweat easily.

• Decline Barbell Bench Press

• 40 kg x 5 reps
    • 50 kg x 5 reps
    • 60 kg x 3 reps
    • 70 kg x 3 reps
    • 80 kg x 3 reps
    • 90 kg x 14 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
  • Barbell Squat

• 40 kg x 5 reps
    • 75 kg x 10 reps
    • 75 kg x 10 reps
    • 75 kg x 10 reps
    • 75 kg x 10 reps
    • 75 kg x 10 reps
5 Likes

I like your attitude.

Out of curiosity, why do you decline bench rather than flat or incline?

1 Like

Lots of reasons. First, my own anecdotal evidence has indicated that it makes no difference in terms of strength or physique. Not for me, anyway, maybe it matters for others.

Second, my shoulders dislike flat bench for some reason. Don’t know exactly why, and honestly don’t care. Third, my body seems better geared for pushing on a more downwards trajectory. I have also been known to do a dip or two for the same reason.

I do intend to bring Inclines back into the game a bit later, but that is because it will help the press.

3 Likes

And because he can use more weight in front of the yoga chicks !!

1 Like

This should just be understood for everything I do.

1 Like

C1W2D3 - DL 531 BBB + Press EMB

What a difference a week makes. This is the first time since restarting that I felt more like my old self. 10 more kilo on the topset, and still 1 more rep than last week. Coulda done a couple more, probably. BBB (at FSL) sets were also really good. Everything was fast and explosive, just like your mom likes it.

Press EMB was also really in the groove. 40 kilo was the FSL, but screw that crap. Even 45 was no issue, so ramped up the last two sets. This is where the money is, I am telling you.

• Barbell Deadlift

• 60 kg x 5 reps
    • 65 kg x 5 reps
    • 75 kg x 3 reps
    • 90 kg x 3 reps
    • 100 kg x 3 reps
    • 115 kg x 16 reps
    • 90 kg x 10 reps
    • 90 kg x 10 reps
    • 90 kg x 10 reps
    • 90 kg x 10 reps
    • 90 kg x 10 reps
  • Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP)

• 20 kg x 5 reps
    • 30 kg x 5 reps
    • 45 kg x 10 reps
    • 45 kg x 10 reps
    • 45 kg x 10 reps
    • 47.5 kg x 10 reps
    • 50 kg x 10 reps
  • Muscle-Up

• 1 reps
    • 1 reps
    • 1 reps
    • 5 reps
  • Handstand Push-Up

• 15 reps

Last but not least, I finally pulled my ass together enough to bang out a set of 5 MUs for the first time since forever, to the lamentation of all the women and children. I had the brilliant idea that I was never going to hit 5 again unless I actually, you know, just did it.

5 Likes

I’m going to give this a shot. You’re doing the traditional 5/3/1 split, right? Squat, bench, deadlift, press?

If I’ve got that right then I’ll add press BBB to my deadlift day and Incline BBB to squat day.

2 Likes

Off Program day today, which is good because I probably drank a smidge too much yesterday. I still had an idea of making it Squat Day, but I noticed it was only two days ago that I did Squat EMB, so probably better to put another day of rest in there. So I did a bunch of moderate pulling instead. Decided to go for a bunch of weighted sets instead of trying to max out the weight.

• Pull-Up

• 5 reps
    • 5 reps
    • 5 reps | weighted | 11.3 kg
    • 5 reps | weighted | 15.9 kg
    • 5 reps | weighted | 20.4 kg
    • 10 reps
    • 10 reps
  • Preacher Curl

• 30 lb x 10 reps
    • 30 lb x 12 reps
  • Standing Biceps Cable Curl

• 20 lb x 10 reps
    • 20 lb x 10 reps
7 Likes

This right here is the shit.

1 Like

Here is the basic format I use, and also in this order:

Day 1: Press 531 with AMRAP, the BBB with at least FSL weights. Then Deadlift BBB, but not exceeding FSL weight. Even doing a lesser % is probably okay with those if it helps recovery.

Day 2 Bench 531 with AMRAP, the BBB with FSL weights. Then Squat BBB, but not exceeding FSL weight. Even doing a lesser % is probably okay with those if it helps recovery.

Day 3 Deadlift 531 with AMRAP, the BBB with FSL weights or lower if needed. Then Press BBB with at least FSL weights. Should be easier than Day 1, so take advantage of that fact.

Day 4 Squat 531 with AMRAP, the BBB with FSL weights or lower if needed. Then Bench BBB…you could in theory go more than FSL here as well if you are recovered enough.

At some point over a few cycles, keeping this up with the Squat and Dead becomes pretty tough, so you can start cutting some of the EMB stuff out for those

Once you are done with the main set, you can alternate/superset all the BBB sets. It can be tiring as hell, but I think you are used to training that way.

Also, I know you don’t like AMRAP, but I think it better prepares your body for all the FSL BBB EMB WTF sets. The reverse is also probably true. I personally don’t think this is enough work without the AMRAP.

5 Likes