Weird, but impressive

Sure, but will I be as strong and sexy?

Mate you will be next level, and I will be there with you. Let’s get our awesome on.

1 Like

This is an
 interesting experiment.

1 Like

Not an experiment, done it loads of times.

C1W1D2

Only 5 days since last bench day, but them’s the breaks. Last time I had 85 on the bar I hit 14, so need to hit at least that.

• Decline Barbell Bench Press

• 40 kg x 5 reps
    • 50 kg x 5 reps
    • 60 kg x 3 reps
    • 65 kg x 5 reps
    • 75 kg x 5 reps
    • 85 kg x 16 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
  • Barbell Squat

• 40 kg x 5 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps

Hit 16, which I feel kinda MEH about. Would be happier with it if I didn’t feel the last 4 reps were just sheer willpower. Everything after that, including the squats was with FSL weights and the super-setted the last 5 of each. No time or energy for anything else after that.

3 Likes

Maybe this sounds smart-alecky, but I don’t think they’re mutually exclusive. Circumstances are never 100% the same. You probably have a better idea about the outcome though.

Haha, even when I wrote it, I thought to myself ‘she has a point.’ I have never heard of anyone else doing it this way, so yeah. I realize you and I haven’t been interacting long enough for you to have seen me run this before, but give me two or three months and you will see.

I have never managed to talk anyone else into running it, largely because it SUCKS. I call it 531 BBB EMB.

2 Likes

EMB = even more boring?

1 Like

Got it in one :wink:

2 Likes

C1W1D3 - Deadlifts (and BBB Press)

Starting weight is pretty low based on low TM, and not pushing it too hard, at least not yet. Don’t want to jack my back all up.

• Barbell Deadlift

• 60 kg x 5 reps
    • 65 kg x 5 reps
    • 75 kg x 3 reps
    • 80 kg x 5 reps
    • 95 kg x 5 reps
    • 105 kg x 15 reps
    • 80 kg x 10 reps
    • 80 kg x 10 reps
    • 80 kg x 10 reps
    • 80 kg x 10 reps
    • 80 kg x 10 reps
  • Muscle-Up

• 2 reps
    • 1 reps
    • 4 reps
    • 3 reps
    • 2 reps
    • 2 reps
    • 2 reps
  • Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP)

• 30 kg x 8 reps
    • 40 kg x 5 reps
    • 45 kg x 10 reps
    • 45 kg x 10 reps
    • 45 kg x 10 reps
    • 45 kg x 10 reps
    • 45 kg x 10 reps

BBB on deads was with FSL weights, but for Press it was 5 extra kilo. Having just benched yesterday, that was just about the limit of what I could manage. Decent day’s work, feel like I am starting to find the groove.

5 Likes

Groovy indeed ya big sex pest :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Off program day today, so that means a bit of pulling. These are still a bit short of where I would like them to be, but nothing terrible.

• Pull-Up

• 5 reps
    • 5 reps
    • 5 reps | weighted | 11.3 kg
    • 5 reps | weighted | 20.4 kg
    • 3 reps | weighted | 31.8 kg
    • 2 reps | weighted | 40.8 kg
    • 8 reps | weighted | 20.4 kg
    • 8 reps | weighted | 11.3 kg
    • 10 reps
    • 10 reps
  • Upright Barbell Row

• 50 lb x 12 reps
    • 50 lb x 12 reps
    • 50 lb x 12 reps
    • 50 lb x 12 reps

Added a leisurely 1 mile run at the end.

6 Likes

My guess was “even more bigger”.

1 Like

I can work with that.

1 Like

C1W1D4 - Squats + Bench BBB

Very nearly chickened out and dropped the starting weight for the squat down to 85, which made no sense when I did it at 90 for a trial two weeks ago with okay results. So put it back to 90 for week 1, and it was a good choice. And also an improvement.

• Barbell Squat

• 40 kg x 5 reps
    • 55 kg x 5 reps
    • 65 kg x 3 reps
    • 70 kg x 5 reps
    • 80 kg x 5 reps
    • 90 kg x 17 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
    • 70 kg x 10 reps
  • Decline Barbell Bench Press

• 40 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 10 reps
    • 65 kg x 15 reps

FSL for the squats was a test of fortitude. Lower back was not loving it, only two days removed from Deadlift day. Still, good work. Super-setted with the declines at FSL, which were easy peasy.

Really need a day off now. Might get two.

5 Likes

BbbEMB looks like a rock solid program. You’re just getting it done. How long was that session?

1 Like

It works well by virtue of being exceedingly simple but very difficult at the same time.

Think this session was about an hour, plus or minus. Took a little longer than these sets would normally take, because this combination leaves you sucking wind. On the other hand, I usually do lots more other stuff, so still a short day.

2 Likes

I don’t want you to change anything, but I want to throw this out there - on the BBB Challenge, Jim says to only do the minimum reps on the main set because the BBB work is where you push yourself.

I’ve never seen you hurt your back, but you mention it a lot. Stopping at minimum reps instead of doing a PR set is a viable option if you need it for squat and deadlift.

1 Like

Counterpoints

• I learned from Old Skool Jim, who told people to do their AMRAP and their BBB and then clean the sand out of their vaginas.

• I whine about everything, and more about my back because of my injury history. But this is just lower back DOMS. They are just irritating.

• I have run this program bunches of times exactly like this, and have found it to work WAY better than the non-AMRAP version

• But it only works for a few cycles before it just becomes too much to recover from. But then is the EMB that goes first. Never the AMRAP. I would swap to TM first.

2 Likes

Ooooft loving those pull ups ya big sex Bomb.

Fuxkin Wolfpack up in this shit

1 Like