Lifts on Russian Squat Routine

First time poster here, long time lurker.

I have been lifting seriously for 2 years, Olympic Lifting for about a year and a half.

Weight: 94
Snatch: 85
Clean & Jerk: 105

I really need to work on my leg strength so a week from now I will be beginning the Russian Squat Program. I lowered my max pretty well on it because I have been squatting twice weekly before and I didn’t want to jump into a high volume squatting program with my true max.

If you guys could critique my routine during the 6 week cycle, that would be great. For instance, if I am neglecting my glutes/hamstrings or do not have a good plan for maintaining technique on the lifts.

Day 1, 3, 5

Front Squat-RSR
Bench-RSR
Pullups-3 sets close to failure
Weighted Planks: hold for a minute

Day 2, 4

5 working sets of Snatch and C & J. Wave pattern such as double at 65%, single at 70%, single at 75%, single at 70%, double at 65%. Percentages would change due to how worn down I feel.

why are you also doing it for bench press?

[quote]tork94 wrote:
why are you also doing it for bench press?[/quote]

No Pecs
No SEX

Koing

I wanted to try it with a pressing movement as well. I was going to do it for push press but I was told by another lifter that it may be too taxing on my legs after front squats. I run a program once a year or so on bench press so I figured I could try this one out.

I did the following routine, and it did wonders for me. Do a leg day two days a week. Doesn’t really fit the Russian routine, but it works

Workout 1:
Back Squat: sets of 4 or 5
Warm up with 2-3 sets
Start work sets at 70%-75% of 1RM
Do the sets of 5, putting on no more than 10 lbs at a time, go till close to failure

Weighted Good Mornings, 3 sets of 10-12
Weighted Bulgarian Split Squat, 3 sets of 6-8 each leg

Workout 2:
Front Squat, same set up as back squat

Romanian Deadlift, 3 sets of 6-8
Weighted Bulgarian Split Squat, same as above