T Nation

Lifts & Genu Valgum (Knock-Knees)

I’ve been realizing lately that I need to seriously start incorporating more heavy compound lifts into my routine, but my knees are completely messed up. Ever since I was a toddler, I have always had really bad knock-knees. Most kids have them to some degree, but for almost everyone they improve to normal at adolescence…mine never did, probably because I was fat my whole life.

Now I’m ~200lbs., 15% BF, and traditional squats and even certain deads put ridiculous stress on my knees, to the point where I almost feel like my kneecaps are ready to dislocate. I should also note that I had part of my lateral meniscus removed on my left knee about 5 years ago. My tibias are rotated outward, and my kneecaps ride kinda rough in their femoral grooves. Since my tibs/fibs are angled out so much, they enter my ankle bones at an angle, and my ankles also have a tendency to crack/pop.

As you can see, I’m seriously messed up. I wouldn’t say I’m very flat-footed, but I know for a fact that my medial quadriceps are much weaker than my lateral quads. Any recommendations as to exercises that I could do to help with this? Any recommendations as to what, if any, compound lifts I could do for my legs/lower back that won’t completely destroy my kneecaps or ankles?

strenghten the glutes,That will help abduct the leg and keep the knees from caving in