Lifts for Layering System?

ive look around , maybe not hard enough but exactly what lifts are acceptable/used in the layering system and how many a day? just one right?

Apparently not. This was on page 2 of this forum…

T - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation

On a related note, how many reps can you guys do in clusters with 90%? I usually manage 5-7 with the slight incline press, while I get as many as about 12 with squats. I guess this could be seen as evidence that my chest is made up mostly of fast twitch fibres, whereas my lower body is more made up of slow twitch fibers. Seeing as my top priority is on hypertrophy, would you recommend going slightly lighter with lower body exercises, so as to stimulate more of those slow twitch fibers (although it feels like blasphemy to meddle with the system haha)?

[quote]yummyyam wrote:
On a related note, how many reps can you guys do in clusters with 90%? I usually manage 5-7 with the slight incline press, while I get as many as about 12 with squats. I guess this could be seen as evidence that my chest is made up mostly of fast twitch fibres, whereas my lower body is more made up of slow twitch fibers. Seeing as my top priority is on hypertrophy, would you recommend going slightly lighter with lower body exercises, so as to stimulate more of those slow twitch fibers (although it feels like blasphemy to meddle with the system haha)?[/quote]

No. Why would you ever go lighter? If you can get 12 reps with 90% why on earth would you want to lessen the growth stimulus? I think what that cluster performance implies is that you are sandbagging your max ramp. It also might mean that you have done the majority of leg training at higher rep ranges than your bench training.