T Nation

LiftingIsLife's Log

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say first off that I am not here fishing for comments. I am simply here for critique and to post my progression over time.

BF%: 7-8
Ht.: 6’3"
Lbs: 180
Exp: 3 Yrs.
Goals: Mass & Strength

I know that I am small and skinny and I am trying to improve that by consuming more calories. I pretty much found out that diet was the key to my goals about 8 months ago and sine then I have been trying to eat a lot more, and a lot cleaner. I try to get ATLEAST 3500 but I usually make it to about 4000.

My diet is based around water, milk, lean meat, eggs, vegetables, sandwiches, peanuts, and oatmeal. Once every couple weeks I will have a cheat meal… say a BigMac, fries and a Dr. Pepper?

The only supplements I take are multi-vitamins, B12, and creatine monohydrate. I used to drink protein shakes but I cant stand them anymore.

Well feel free to critique, that is why I am here. And please feel free to admire the stains on my ass :slight_smile:

Back Lat Spread

Triceps

I will say find a way to add protein shakes back into your nutritional program. You need the added calories and grams of protein and good carbs that a supplement like Metabolic Drive Complete offers to add that muscle mass you are after. Also, keep the vegetable and good fats high. Think about Flameout sold in the T-Store.

Good luck,

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
I will say find a way to add protein shakes back into your nutritional program. You need the added calories and grams of protein and good carbs that a supplement like Metabolic Drive Complete offers to add that muscle mass you are after. Also, keep the vegetable and good fats high. Think about Flameout sold in the T-Store.

Good luck,

D[/quote]

Alright, thanks for the advice. Ill add the protein shakes back in the diet and i’ll look into the supplements.

Was that a question, it’s a cheat meal. Ya look pretty dedicated, and a nice base to start from in my opinion, good luck down the road and keep us posted.

Nah it wasn’t a question. Sorry I should have worded that different. Thanks for the compliments.

Could you post a back pic just relaxed? It looks like you may have some scapular shit going on. Other than that ya you should probably find a way to add protein shakes back in or maybe try making protein chocolate bars.

They aren’t pure milk chocolate savory, but they’re pretty easy to woof down and enjoy enough to keep doing so. Also, are you actually going to keep a log here or was this just a critique?

[quote]Skrussian wrote:
Could you post a back pic just relaxed? It looks like you may have some scapular shit going on. Other than that ya you should probably find a way to add protein shakes back in or maybe try making protein chocolate bars.

They aren’t pure milk chocolate savory, but they’re pretty easy to woof down and enjoy enough to keep doing so. Also, are you actually going to keep a log here or was this just a critique?
[/quote]

I will probably keep a log here. Not quite sure.

Todays routine:

Rest: 60s

A1. Power Cleans 135x3x8
A2. Dips 30x3x8
B1. ChinUps 30x3x8
B2. Lunges 45x3x8

I’m kinda embarassed by the weight i’m using but that was my first time doing power cleans and the other excercises I haven’t done in quite a while.

My main stats are:

Bench- 255 (maxed about one month ago)
Deadlift- 350 EDIT
Squat- I dont have a squat rack
BB Row- 205 (maxed out about a m ago 2)
DB Curl- 75x2 (abpout a month ago 2)

These stats are pretty sloppy, huh?

And BTW I cant post a pic right now of my back because my mouse just broke so i’m just using the keyboard and when I go to click browse for some reason it wont let me. I’ll be sure to update you on that when I get a mouse tomorrow.

Try to get some squats they are pretty important, just try to do them somehow.

Would you have any suggestions? I do front squats (oly), and I have a smith machine but I wouldn’t do squats on it. Other than the smith machine, I have no idea what else to use. My leg exercises, due to lack of equipment, are basically:

Front Squats
Lunges/DB
Split Squats
Deadlifts
SLDL
Good mornings

I might as well post my goals bythe end of the month.

WT: 190
Bench- 270
Dead- 370
Row- 215

reasonable? my weight has been going up pretty drastically so thats the reason I have the weight up so high. is that even high lol? my weight went up 8.6lbs over the past week. i dont seem to be going through a growth spurt but i have been eating a ton more. thanks for the comments/help, guys :slight_smile:

Another random photo.

-EDIT… about 5 months ago when I posted this on MH.

8.6 lbs over the past week isn’t a true mass gain. Did you weigh yourself in the morning on an empty stomach and body then weigh the second time at night with a full stomach and body?

Even water retention can add a ridiculous amount of weight but 8.6 lbs of actual lean mass, hell even lean mass and fat, in a week just isn’t really feasible. That would be like 34 lbs a month and 412 lbs a year :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Skrussian wrote:
8.6 lbs over the past week isn’t a true mass gain. Did you weigh yourself in the morning on an empty stomach and body then weigh the second time at night with a full stomach and body?

Even water retention can add a ridiculous amount of weight but 8.6 lbs of actual lean mass, hell even lean mass and fat, in a week just isn’t really feasible. That would be like 34 lbs a month and 412 lbs a year :P[/quote]

I measured myself on a medium full stomache. I’m not trying to argue or anything but thats what the scale says and it has always been accurate. I mean I put lots of weights on it and its exact. And I dont expect it to be 8.6 lbs of lean mass lol. This was just the first time I ever jumped this high in weight.

Weigh yourself on an empty stomach and body. So wake up in the morning, go to the bathroom and weigh yourself. It’s a lot more accurate. There can still be some variance but 8.6 lbs in a week isn’t your true gain.

Alrighty, will do.

With DA peanuts :slight_smile: