I've Got A Bar And I'm Not Afraid To Use It - Pinkylifting Log

Well done mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

So run down of the meet. TLDR 7/9, 660kg total, won my class, and a DL PB @ 285kg.

Squat - 2/3.
190 opener - easy, 3 whites
215 opener - poor form, chest collapsed at the bottom, still managed to grind it up. 3 whites
225 - easy, moved quicky, form felt good, felt like a new PB, reds for depth. Bummer, was very very close according to the judges.

Bench 2/3
150 opener - Easy 3 whites
160 second, moved smoothly but very very close to max effort
165 third, spotter dumped the bar on me, had a shit set up, and as soon as the bar started its decent I knew it was never coming up. Just didnt have that weight in me today.

Deadlifts 3/3
260 opener - grip was off centre, so the bar went up awkwardly, but was able to muscle it up nonetheless
280 second - got the grip right and it came up pretty smoothly, had been at the meet for 9 hours at this point and just didnt feel like I had 290 in me so went for a small PB with my third
285 - Good lift, just. Was very lucky that the ref called down at the exact same moment that I basically dropped the lift, luckily I held onto it on the way down. But it got 3 whites and a PB so Ill take it.

Won my weight class, so National champ for 82.5 tested raw. Also won the lightweight raw overall with just under 450 wilks (lightweights being all classes up to 82.5)

Good day overall but I am absolutely exhausted.

Relfection on my recent training is that I think I need to spend some more time working at closer to my 1RM to give my opportunities to push myself to higher weights. Would really like to get a 700 total.

On that note I’ll be running 12 weeks of Greg Nuckols Bulgarian Method training between now and WPC worlds in August. hopelly this will give me more confidence to push my openers as well as getting me more comfortable with heavy singles.

Will upload vids soon, even my fails.

6 Likes

Deadlift PR, National champ, and won the lightweight raw. Awesome!!

1 Like

What protein do I take to be strong like you

Damn man congratulations.

This is so awesome and it gives me so much motivation to follow all you strong guys competing.
Love following along.
Congrats again :1st_place_medal:

1 Like

Beef

1 Like

I’m vegan though and a cross fitter

1 Like

Squats
2nd - 215kg - good lift

3rd - 225kg - reds for depth, frustrating because rep felt easy

Bench
2nd - 160kg - good lift

Deadlift
2nd - 280kg - Good lift

3rd - 285kg - Good lift, just.

4 Likes

Jesus Pinky

It’s a hard call on squats but perhaps it was a tad higher than the second attempt.

That DL super solid and a great bench. Looked like you had more in you on bench.

The ref’s were good and consistent all day so I gotta believe them when they say it was just high, but still happy with the rep personally, becAuse it really did feel like it was a weight I was in control of and could increase on even with a hair more depth.

1 Like

Absolutely, you owned that weight

1 Like

HIHF - Session 1
Bench Press
20 x 8
70 x 5
100 x 3
120 x 3
130 x 2 x 2

Squat
20 x 8
60 x 5
100 x 5
130 x 3
150 x 3
180 x 2 x 2

Pull ups
BW x 8 x 2

Weird pain in my right tricep, only way I can describe it is that it feels like the faschia is ‘bruised’. Will have to keep an eye on that.

1 Like

Just treated myself to a pair of Sabo Goodlifts.

In for those Russian gains.

Sabo Deadlifts >

Same sole thickness and better construction > being named deadlifts. Both run a 5mm heel, leather > plastic

HIHF - Session 2
Medium Grip Bench Press
20 x 8
70 x 5
100 x 3
120 x 3 x 3

Pause Squat
20 x 8
60 x 5
100 x 5
130 x 3
150 x 3 x 3

DB Preacher Curls
17.5 x 12 x 2

Is that the powerlifting to win routine you described earlier ?
With one week volume, one week recovery, one week intensity?

Ha no, I changed my mind after speaking to some people at the meet, and reviewing my weaknesses.

This is Greg Nuckols Bulgarian Training Method for Powerlifting. HIHF just means High intensity high frequency :slight_smile: Easier to write (and remember) than GNBTMfP :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So much this :slight_smile:
HIHF I thought it was something like that.

Will have a look at it, but I can’t handle to have yet another program I would like to do.

I know the feeling! so many approaches to try.

1 Like