Lifting with Long Hair

I have long hair, about shoulder length atm and im thinking of cutting it off because its giving me some trouble when lifting. Anyone else have trouble?

Just put it in a high pony tail. Maybe bring a scrunchie to the gym. You’ll look fabulous and keep the hair out of the way for squats.

Shave that shit! I used to have long hair and it bugged the fuck out of me when I lifted.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Just put it in a high pony tail. Maybe bring a scrunchie to the gym. You’ll look fabulous and keep the hair out of the way for squats.[/quote]

/thread

owned

Just put it in a high pony tail. Maybe bring a scrunchie to the gym. You’ll look fabulous and keep the hair out of the way for squats.[/quote]

Scrunchies are the shit!!!

Who cares what the guys may say.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Just put it in a high pony tail. Maybe bring a scrunchie to the gym. You’ll look fabulous and keep the hair out of the way for squats.

Scrunchies are the shit!!!

Who cares what the guys may say. [/quote]

Or the girls…

Ive only heard people say good things about my hair. any time I mention cutting it I get blasted by every girl I know but im not fucking any of them so…

Im thinking ill either cut it really short or wear a hat

[quote]Petermus wrote:
Ive only heard people say good things about my hair. any time I mention cutting it I get blasted by every girl I know but im not fucking any of them so…

Im thinking ill either cut it really short or wear a hat [/quote]

never let a girl control your life.

make descions for yourself.

if you want your hair keep it.

i dont ask people what to do w/ my hair, i do what i want and everyone loves it, and if they dont they can fuck off, cause i like it so thats what matters and if it makes you feel good its all u need cause when you feel good about yourself you convey that shit to other people.

!!!

Keep in mind this is coming from a bald guy, but I just cant imagine how having long hair is getting in the way of your lifting. Please enlighten me.

True enough but he’ll end up with a weird bobble at the back of his head that’ll screw with his bench.

I have shoulder length hair, and I always tie it back in a ponytail or sumo wrestler style ball (pictured; it’s not me I promise) and I don’t have any problems. The only problems I see are when you are benching (if it’s tied back you can’t rest your head comfortably on the bench) and if your hair falls in your face while training, which then you should tie it back.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Petermus wrote:

Im thinking ill either cut it really short or wear a hat

never let a girl control your life.

make descions for yourself.

if you want your hair keep it.

i dont ask people what to do w/ my hair, i do what i want and everyone loves it, and if they dont they can fuck off, cause i like it so thats what matters and if it makes you feel good its all u need cause when you feel good about yourself you convey that shit to other people.

!!![/quote]
truth
I’m getting dreads.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:

True enough but he’ll end up with a weird bobble at the back of his head that’ll screw with his bench.[/quote]

Well, everyone knows you have to do your hair differently for bench day.

I used to have hair halfway down my back. I just ponytailed that shit and put it off to one side and in front of my shoulder when squatting. Usually when I would bench I would undo the ponytail because it’s hard to drive into the bench with a poinytail.

But then I shaved it all off now and it’s easier.

ouroboro_s wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:

True enough but he’ll end up with a weird bobble at the back of his head that’ll screw with his bench.

Well, everyone knows you have to do your hair differently for bench day.[/quote]

AAAAHHHHHHH so THAT’S the secret!!! Why didn’t you share your fountain of knowledge with me earlier?

This hairdo still doesn’t hold a candle to my sumo wrestler ponytail though.

I’ve had long hair, I’ve had dreds, I’ve had a mullet, and I’ve had a crew cut.

Crew cut beats the rest, hands down. Except maybe the dreds. You just wake up and go, hair care is simple, and it never gets in your way.

And you look like a man.

[quote]Otep wrote:

Crew cut beats the rest, hands down. Except maybe the dreds. You just wake up and go, hair care is simple, and it never gets in your way.

And you look like a man.[/quote]

Dude, how were the dreads? How long were they? How was lifting with them? Did the sweat stay in and smell and itch and shit?

[quote]Artem wrote:
Otep wrote:

And you look like a man.

Dude, how were the dreads? How long were they? How was lifting with them? Did the sweat stay in and smell and itch and shit?[/quote]

The hair was about an inch below my face before dreds, and about an inch above the bottom of my face after.

Except for these two little retarded dreads made out of my bangs that were about an inch each. God, they looked retarded.

I wasn’t too much into lifting at the time. When I would run, I’d sweat, and it was an uncomfortable itchiness on the scalp, but nothing too bad.

I thought eucalyptous oil would prevent insects from nesting in it. I think most of that was just wasted. I did have a pair of junebugs fall out of my tam this one time, about two weeks before I cut the dreds off. That was uncomfortable.

On the whole, if you’re 15 and have long hair, I recommend it. If you missed out, you didn’t miss much.

i have preety long hair and i agree it can be a pain while lifting but not that much that i would want to cut it off =]

Dreads smell.