Lifting While Cutting

Is there any point in lifting while cutting/deiting? Im having a hard time staying motivated knowing that I wont be making any gains for all the effort I put in.

Ofcourse!

How the hell do you expect to keep any of your muscle mass otherwise?

And you cant make gains why?

More to the point…why would you want to lose muscle mass and have to rebuild more once you stop cutting?

Even more, weight lifting will actually increase your fat loss.

I take it you havent read many of the articles on fat loss on this site yet.

[quote]rsa91356 wrote:
Is there any point in lifting while cutting/deiting? Im having a hard time staying motivated knowing that I wont be making any gains for all the effort I put in.[/quote]

There is no point in lifting at all when cutting. You obviously don’t want to keep all that muscle you gained with all the effort you put in.

You have worked hard to get muscle. Now work hard to keep it while you lose the fat.

That is your motivation.

Good Luck.

[quote]rsa91356 wrote:
Is there any point in lifting while cutting/deiting? Im having a hard time staying motivated knowing that I wont be making any gains for all the effort I put in.[/quote]

You can still make gains…stop listening to your friends. Just as an example I have dropped 15 pounds and all my lifts are still going up. And even if it were true, wouldn’t keeping the muscle you have be better than losing everything? Shit, I would think you would be motivated to keep what you worked so hard to get.

^^^^^^^

Put my vote in with everyone above. Keep lifting and not just lifting, keep trying to progress. You may not or it may not happen as fast on cal-restrictions, but if you don’t you are going to lose.

Do some looking round here for lifting for fat loss kind of articles.