Protein bar, water

12 p.m. - Lunch
Turkey on whole wheat, water

3 p.m. - Meal 4
can of tuna, water

6pm- Post Workout shake

7-8pm - Dinner
Chicken Breast, green beans

I ussually dont eat carbs past 1…and my protein shakes have 636 calories a serving and is a blend of casein and whey protein. I drink muscle milk…dont care to hear your opinion its one of my favorites and i cant order stuff online.

[quote]facko wrote:
This is basically my day

6 a.m. - Breakfast
Oatmeal, Protein shake

9 a.m. - Meal 2
Protein bar, water

12 p.m. - Lunch

3 p.m. - Meal 4
can of tuna, water

6pm- Post Workout shake

7-8pm - Dinner

I ussually dont eat carbs past 1…and my protein shakes have 636 calories a serving and is a blend of casein and whey protein. I drink muscle milk…dont care to hear your opinion its one of my favorites and i cant order stuff online.
[/quote]

You need way more vegetables/fruit.

Could be your average diet that is making you sick. I know that you havent specified quantities but it looks like you may not be eating enough calories either. Especially if you are going to stick some roids like you keep posting about. (sorry but I had to throw that it.)

[quote]facko wrote:
This is basically my day

6 a.m. - Breakfast
Oatmeal, Protein shake

9 a.m. - Meal 2
Protein bar, water

12 p.m. - Lunch

3 p.m. - Meal 4
can of tuna, water

6pm- Post Workout shake

7-8pm - Dinner

[/quote]

I wouldn’t exactly call that “eating a ton”. I’m don’t eat too much over maintenance and my average day is:

breakfast:
oatmeal, 2 eggs with cheddar cheese, 3 sausage links or 3 slices of bacon, orange juice, milk

snack:
oatmeal cookies (no icing), 2 bananas, beef jerky

lunch:
2 chicken breasts, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, bowl of pasta, spaghetti sauce, 2 slices of bread with butter

snack:
1/2 cup of cashews, 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds, turkey breast

dinner:
brocolli with cheddar cheese, couple of broiled steaks

snack:
2 tbsps olive oil, 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds, cup of milk, scoop of Grow!

Right now i really wanna stay the same weight and gradually drop body fat…with the help of the HOT-ROX i been taking. Is this possible with just normal weight training or do i also need cardio?

[quote]facko wrote:
Monday - Chest Shoulders Triceps
Bench - 3x8
incline flyes - 3x10
Incline bench - 3x8
decline bench - 3x8
close grip - 3x8
military press - 3x8
shrugs - 3x12

Tuesday - Legs
Squats - 3x8
Deadlifts - 3x8
Leg Press - 3x8
Leg extensions - 3x10
Calf Raises - 3x10
Hamstring Curls - 3x8

Wednesday - Back, Biceps
Dumbbell rows - 3x8
Pull-ups - 3x6-8
Lat pulldowns - 3x8
Barbell curls - 3x8
E-z bar curls - 3x8
Preacher curls - 3x8

Thrusday- OFF

Friday - Repeat Chest Shoulder Tricep

Saturday- Repeat Legs

Sunday- Repeat Back Biceps

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY despise when people say they work chest and back one day then total arms the next day (bis,tris). I dont see how that is logical…isnt it logical to work the muscle group for a day that works together directly?
[/quote]

I think you can cut some volume here without really affecting things. For example you have three kinds of bench and three kinds of curl, and like four different quad exercises. I mean come on, if you can do anything quadwise after squats & deadlifts, you’re not working hard enough. Without making too many changes, you might consider this:

wide grip bench - 3x8
close grip bench - 3x8
military press - 3x8
shrugs - 3x8

Tuesday - Legs
Deadlifts - 3x8
Sumo Squats - 3x8
Calf Raises - 3x8
Stiff Legged Deadlifts - 3x8

Wednesday - Back, Biceps, Forearm
Bent over rows - 3x8
Good Mornings - 3x8
Barbell curls - 3x8
Reverse curls - 3x8

I’d make up a second workout with similiar exercises for week two, and use a different rep parameter like 5x5, that way you can fit in your incline/decline stuff, and other variations, then swap back and forth. This will drop your volume about 50% and actually hit more muscle groups than you were previously, plus you should be able to up your intensity somewhat.

Personally I think you should also switch to a 9 day week, and take a day off between workout one and workout two, so it would be 3 on 1 off, 3 on 2 off, repeat.

I have suffered that same fate as many of you.

I am getting back into lifting in the past few months, but I can not go more than 3-4 weeks without getting sick.

I am doing full body workouts 3 times a week and I am working out in the afternoon at about 5:00 PM. My age is 38.

I have noticed that it is harder to sleep on my workout days. The combination of working out, germy gyms, less sleep and diet probably all play a part.

I have a history of sinus infections, so any cold usually turns into an infection.

It is frustrating. I can feel my muscles growing and I start loosing a few lbs around the middle, then I get sick and have to take it easy for a week.

I am going to pay more attention to keeping my hands washed at the gym.

I just wanna chime in, but for the people who are sick of being sick, try these:

-wash your hands and face before AND (especially) after your workout.

-take a multi and vitamins C and E.

-if you’re training nearly every day, make postworkout protein/supplementation (like Surge, which I swear by) a priority.

I haven’t been sick in more than a year, and the last time I was sick was from stress. Or maybe you just need to be born with a stronger immune system?

[quote]facko wrote:
dude lol…how is training each muscle group twice a week overtraining? I really would be extremely unsatisfied doing that. Also i think its alot of BS to think that training a muscle once a week will induce hypertrophy…lol thats literally training a muscle 4 times a month!..[/quote]

Does that make sense really? Twice a week means growth but once a week doesn’t? I think it’s more of a sliding scale than that so that overtraining and ‘undertraining’ aren’t static sudden points that happen with x frequency but scalar. I’d be interested in any studies reveal the average frequency boundaries for over and under.

How long do you sessions last by the way?

As for getting sick - if you’re genuinely growing muscle and strength but getting sick then it may the gym itself as some folks have said, your immune system might be getting weak (you may be ‘slightly’ into overtrained territory and this may be the way it first presents in you) or something else entirely. Could just check with a doc?

My guess is the gym and all those germs has a role here.

I have a sickness related question, not sure if I should start a new thread. I’m a new lifter (about nine months), and I have recurring throat problems that have shut me down completely twice this year, making me totally unable to eat.

Since I’m not the most genetically apt at putting on mass, this is killing me as far as my goals are concerned, it feels like I take one step forward and then WHAM, two steps back. Has anyone else had similar problems?

I got complimented on my arms and shoulders for maybe the first time in my life yesterday, and now I can feel another shot of tonsilitis coming on. Fuck life man.

[quote]Tube wrote:
I have a sickness related question, not sure if I should start a new thread. I’m a new lifter (about nine months), and I have recurring throat problems that have shut me down completely twice this year, making me totally unable to eat.

Since I’m not the most genetically apt at putting on mass, this is killing me as far as my goals are concerned, it feels like I take one step forward and then WHAM, two steps back. Has anyone else had similar problems?

I got complimented on my arms and shoulders for maybe the first time in my life yesterday, and now I can feel another shot of tonsilitis coming on. Fuck life man.[/quote]

you should see a doctor explaining that it recurs all the time and see what he or she recommends.

So you despise Charles Poliquin? Try going back and reading the bodybuilding archives on this site from the first two-three years. It may explain why you would train those muscle groups together. Not saying you can’t do it your way, but working agonist/antagonist muscles on the same day does work.

[quote]facko wrote:
Bench - 3x8
incline flyes - 3x10
Incline bench - 3x8
decline bench - 3x8
close grip - 3x8
military press - 3x8
shrugs - 3x12

Tuesday - Legs
Squats - 3x8
Deadlifts - 3x8
Leg Press - 3x8
Leg extensions - 3x10
Calf Raises - 3x10
Hamstring Curls - 3x8

Wednesday - Back, Biceps
Dumbbell rows - 3x8
Pull-ups - 3x6-8
Lat pulldowns - 3x8
Barbell curls - 3x8
E-z bar curls - 3x8
Preacher curls - 3x8

Thrusday- OFF

Saturday- Repeat Legs

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY despise when people say they work chest and back one day then total arms the next day (bis,tris). I dont see how that is logical…isnt it logical to work the muscle group for a day that works together directly?
[/quote]

Oh, and why are you doing hamstrings and quads on the same day then?

:wink:

[quote]facko wrote:
Bench - 3x8
incline flyes - 3x10
Incline bench - 3x8
decline bench - 3x8
close grip - 3x8
military press - 3x8
shrugs - 3x12

Tuesday - Legs
Squats - 3x8
Deadlifts - 3x8
Leg Press - 3x8
Leg extensions - 3x10
Calf Raises - 3x10
Hamstring Curls - 3x8

Wednesday - Back, Biceps
Dumbbell rows - 3x8
Pull-ups - 3x6-8
Lat pulldowns - 3x8
Barbell curls - 3x8
E-z bar curls - 3x8
Preacher curls - 3x8

Thrusday- OFF

Saturday- Repeat Legs

[/quote]

Monday I woke up sick. I ate southwestern style potatoes Sunday that I think they didn’t agree with me. Puked felt better but ever time I drink my whey shake now I get sick on the stomach for the whole day. This has been going on all week. This is my third 6lb bag & am using water to mix it. I’m only taking 138g of protein a day from the shakes.

I know I’m not lactose intolerent but know I haven’t been eating as much food. I never get sick in the summer & still have the hershey squirts. Maybe I picked something up at the Chinese place on Sat.?

I’ve got a pretty weak immune system and am prone to colds or just being ‘run down’. I find that the main thing for me is lack of sleep, if for some reason I don’t sleep well for a week, or so, I get run down.

If I’m getting my 8 hours, then I’m no-where near as bad.