Lifting to Kick Ass

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
Naard, you carry two guns on you at all times? Isn’t that a little paranoid? I thought hollow point was illegal?

Besides, there are many situations where punching someone would be acceptable and shooting them would not. If you get into a barfight are you going to fill your adversary full of hollowpoint? If someone is being belligerent and tries to start a fight with you at a sporting event say, are you going to kill them over it? A gun is only called for in life-threatening circumstances, and most of us will never actually face those circumstances. People like you scare me. [/quote]

My family is worth it.

I’m a white guy, married to a beautiful black lady with our 3 kids. Oh yeah, and i live in the south. We catch it from all sides. I’ve had to pull the Glock 4 times in the 13 years we’ve been together. The last time was 3 years ago on an early Sunday morning when my lady decided to join me for some early AM roadwork. We were about 3 miles out when a truck full of “good ole boys” who’d been up drinking allnight decided to stop and express their opinions on my choice of jogging partners. I pulled my Glock and my Mrs pulled her .380 The boys suddenly remembered they was late for “chruch” and left. I suppose the civil thing to do would have been to ask them to line up and promise to swing fists one at a time, scouts honor. My bad.

Let me get this straight, you get in a fight at a bar or sporting event. A total stranger is trying to rearrange your face. Your going to put your trust in this guy NOT to pull a gun, knife,broken bottle or have his friends do likewise or join in??

Bless your heart.

I suspect naard is actually Dog the Bounty Hunter, but I thought he lived in Hawaii and had a white wife.

Thats actually really weird, I was going to post a question like this today.

Last night, I was walking my girlfriend home (we’re 16, so we cant drive, thank god she can in 2 weeks). It took us about 2 blocks to realize that a car was following us. Anyway, we got to her house and I dropped her off, I made sure she locked all her doors and all that since her parents were out (coming home soon.) So I left, and while walking down the block, I saw the car park in front of her house, so i stopped down the block to watch if anyone was getting out. no one did. They turned around and started driving towards me, I started sprinting back to my friends house where I was sleeping over, and I ran for about 5 blocks before they parked on a side street, and 2 of them got out and started chasing me. After 3 blocks of chasing me, they stopped, had their other 2 friends/ s pick them up in the car, and start driving after me, at this point I was at my friends house waiting for them to open the door, they parked outside for a little then left.

Now, of course I ran for my life (which is probable because there were report in the news of 4 guys walking around with baseball bats beating people who were walking around at night), but, if in the case that they did catch me, I would have had to fight.

Scariest shit of my life.

Anyway, I looked up some boxing gyms in my area and are looking to take up boxing/street fighting/muay thai.

All I’m saying Naard is that two guns seems a bit excessive. And not every problem that comes to physical contact needs to end with someone pulling a gun.

And if punching them is more in question than shooting them…but you already pulled the gun…Pistol whip them.

call me sadistic but it’s my goal to eventually pistol whip someone.

25 years ago my boot camp drill sargent (the big SOB)gave me some advice that still sticks in my head.

“Better to have and not need, than to need and not have”

Listen, i love physical confrontation. I’ve never felt more alive than when i’m in the ring trying to knock the other guy into next week and vice versa. But its controlled and there is a mutual respect. Hell, some of my closest friends are guys who have broken my nose, or cracked my ribs in the ring.

But there is no way in hell i’m gonna trust my life to a total stranger on the street to “fight fair”, when he wants take things to a physical level. At that point we are at war. And it becomes “by any means possible”

[quote]naard wrote:

“Better to have and not need, than to need and not have”
[/quote]

Kinda like my views on carrying a condom :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]naard wrote:
cap’nsalty wrote:
Naard, you carry two guns on you at all times? Isn’t that a little paranoid? I thought hollow point was illegal?

Besides, there are many situations where punching someone would be acceptable and shooting them would not. If you get into a barfight are you going to fill your adversary full of hollowpoint? If someone is being belligerent and tries to start a fight with you at a sporting event say, are you going to kill them over it? A gun is only called for in life-threatening circumstances, and most of us will never actually face those circumstances. People like you scare me.

My family is worth it.

I’m a white guy, married to a beautiful black lady with our 3 kids. Oh yeah, and i live in the south. We catch it from all sides. I’ve had to pull the Glock 4 times in the 13 years we’ve been together. The last time was 3 years ago on an early Sunday morning when my lady decided to join me for some early AM roadwork. We were about 3 miles out when a truck full of “good ole boys” who’d been up drinking allnight decided to stop and express their opinions on my choice of jogging partners. I pulled my Glock and my Mrs pulled her .380 The boys suddenly remembered they was late for “chruch” and left. I suppose the civil thing to do would have been to ask them to line up and promise to swing fists one at a time, scouts honor. My bad.

Let me get this straight, you get in a fight at a bar or sporting event. A total stranger is trying to rearrange your face. Your going to put your trust in this guy NOT to pull a gun, knife,broken bottle or have his friends do likewise or join in??

Bless your heart.[/quote]

I am not sure about your state, but in MIchigan it is illegal to bring your firearm into any establishment serving alcohol and most government buildings even with a CC permit. So, in Detroit you have to leave your gun in the car to be stolen, instead of carrying it for protection. I always worry more about the cop who freaks when they see your gun.
By the way, many times when traveling out of state and I tell someone where I am from, they ask to see my gun, assuming everyone in Detroit has one at all times.

[quote]
I am from, they ask to see my gun, assuming everyone in Detroit has one at all times. [/quote]

You mean you dont!!!

On a serious note. If you ever do carry a gun. Please be of a reasonable age to do it. If you’re married and have kids and you whip a gun out on three college guys hassling you and the cops come… Its gonna be a lot different than if you’re 23 and they’re 25 and you’re slinging around your glock… especailly if you’ve been drinking.

1. Use discretion when threatening to kill people.
  2. Don’t drink and carry a gun.

On a funny note. My friend had a gun pulled on him by some thug who mistook him for someone else who had crossed him earlier in the night. My friend took off running. Went and found the cops. 5 cops went and found the aforementioned thug and hit him with a taser until he stopped twitching. Then they hog tied him and threw him in a police car. Yeah… He’s waiting for his court date.

It’s funny. I packed for a while in my early 20s. I think for me it was just an accessory to a macho attitude I had. I never once pointed a pistol at anybody. But, I practiced, got to be a decent shot, and carried my little Tokarev everywhere. I carried at work, on the bus, walking down the street, in bars and clubs (this was before the clubs in Atlanta got big on frisking and metal detectors). I went to rough clubs, walked down the street in my sketchy neighborhood, worked graveyard shift at Waffle House (these joints get robbed pretty frequestly). Never did the need for a piece come up. Truth be told, nobody has picked shit with me since I was 16 or so. My observation is that outside of special places (like prison for example), not much humbugging goes down in adult life.

dudes, i think this thread got out of hand. this guy wants to know how to punch someone well, not how to pull a pistol from his sock in less than 2 seconds. Best thing to do is to workout like u normally would, and practice on a bag on your cardio days. Knowing where to punch helps too. Aim for the solar-plexus or the throat. This will fcuk any cnut up. Hit them early or they will hit u. If they don’t go down for some reason, then give em a quick bitch-slap for comical reasons and run like a cnut

[quote]freejury wrote:
I want to be able to stand up for myself or girlfriend/friend/family member vs anyone. I’m not a Big guy around 165 and would like some helpful info (besides get bigger;)[quote]

here’s real life:

“Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Harassing and then assaulting an interracial couple out dancing would be criminal enough, but then you get to the more pathetic particulars of what happened early last Friday morning in Corvallis.
Oregon National Guard Staff Sgt. Gabriel Sapp was dancing with his wife at the Headline Cafe to mark his last night before heading to Iraq. Then defensive end Joseph Rudulph and three others identified as Oregon State University football players allegedly gave him their own special send-off. They reportedly directed comments at Sapp’s wife and then attacked Sapp. Rudulph is accused of punching Sapp in the face, causing him to hit the floor and fall unconscious.
Most Americans would have bought the soldier a drink if they had known he was heading off to Iraq the next day. This bunch, by contrast, had a problem with Sapp because he is white and his wife is African American.”

Four college football players. Ask yourself a question Freejury: your a buck sixtyfive, how many years will you have to lift etc. to have the outcome of the above situation turn out different? That couple was simply minding their own business at a cafe. The guy was probably lucky he only wound up gettin knocked out. And how do you suppose his wife felt??

“two guns is a bit excessive”???
f$%k that.

you think about it, i won’t write no more.

Go and do mma for 1 year. Then if some SOB gives you grief take him to the floor and choke him!!!

I is amazing that it is such an equaliser.

either that or use a 5 plate as a duster !lol

It is definitely best to avoid fights (sometimes that takes threatenin to put a bullet in their ass). There are just too many variables. You can be big as hell but many times, your opponent’s strength lies in numbers, i.e. how many buddies he’s got with him. I know I needed a weapon on more than a couple wild nights. Trust me, being left to the mercy of 6 drunks is not fun.

Don’t ever threaten. If you are gonna shoot, then shoot. If you aren’t gonna shoot don’t even draw it. Some jagoff like me will snatch that gun and beat you with it so fast, you will forget you even had it.
No shit what so ever.

I am licensed to carry and also I am an MMA fighter. “Better to have then need.” I have never had to pull it but if I did someone would be killed cause you don’t pull it if you do not intend to shoot. Here’s a sobering fact. In the state of Tennessee a concealed carry owner is allowed to shoot a police officer if you feel he or she is causing life threatening damage to some one else. Bad idea nuff said. As to the original question pulling lifts,twisting ab work with weights, LOTS of neck exercises, and got to either a MMA, Muay Thai opr boxing school. Also don’t try to be a badass. A real badass can be seen by the way he carries himself and doesn’t start shit, he just finishes it. Just my 2 Peace

[quote]10ACFighter wrote:
I am licensed to carry and also I am an MMA fighter. “Better to have then need.” I have never had to pull it but if I did someone would be killed cause you don’t pull it if you do not intend to shoot. Here’s a sobering fact. In the state of Tennessee a concealed carry owner is allowed to shoot a police officer if you feel he or she is causing life threatening damage to some one else. Bad idea nuff said. As to the original question pulling lifts,twisting ab work with weights, LOTS of neck exercises, and got to either a MMA, Muay Thai opr boxing school. Also don’t try to be a badass. A real badass can be seen by the way he carries himself and doesn’t start shit, he just finishes it. Just my 2 Peace[/quote]

By dissapearing in a cloud of dust.

Put down the weights and get some full contact boxing lessons or real full contact MT or kick boxing lessons.

Then realize you only know half the game and take some grappling lessons. Take at least a year of brazillian jiu jitsu, sambo, or judo that focuses on ground fighting. Some kind of submission wrestling.

Its true that most fights go to the ground, but nearly all fights go to the ground when one party knows take downs. Only the most elite mma fighers have a take down defense good enough to prevent being taken to the ground and even they still get taken down some of the time.

Your typical striker does not train in take down defense at all or not enough, and thus will in general be taken down and destroyed by someone practicing a grappling art.

If there is more than one opponent, better hope you have a gun, because you are about to get your ass kicked regardless of what you have studied.

My advice

#1 - avoid the confrontation
#2 - run
#3 - use a gun
#4 - if you dont have a gun, fight one on one using MMA skills

Final note: If I could only choose one between a striking art and a grappling art, I would take the grappling. Most people know how to punch and some kick, but very few know grappling, thus giving you a big advantage.

After a decade of striking arts, I got owned in my first jiu jitsu class by white belts even! Its a different world. You feel helpless against an experienced grappler.