T Nation

Lifting Shoes

Can anyone recommend some good lifting shoes? I am looking for something with the build of an Olympic Lifting shoe yet can still have enough flexibility to do other lifts. anyone have some info for me on the subject?

chuck t’s.

[quote]mazilla wrote:
chuck t’s.[/quote]

Ususually you want a heel for o-lifts.

Try a search.

dude check out wrestling shoes with heeled insoles.

-chris

ya i searched a little bit on the net, but came up with a website that has oly shoes for 100, then read another website saying that you dont want oly shoes that have wood on the bottom because it messes with the arch of your foot.

where can i get wrestling shoes?

[quote]Ballin4Christ32 wrote:
ya i searched a little bit on the net, but came up with a website that has oly shoes for 100, then read another website saying that you dont want oly shoes that have wood on the bottom because it messes with the arch of your foot.

where can i get wrestling shoes?[/quote]

I think I remember reading something similar when I was looking for oly shoes.

The thing is that the BEST lifters, the ones competing in the olympics all use wood that extends through thier arch. I haven’t heard anyone anywhere else complain about the lack of mobility in the shoes for specifically olympic lifts. (Except TC, sating he feels like a “Dutch boy” wearing them.) Everyone is also using them, Thibs, Berardi and such.

I also searched for oly lifting shoes without wood in the arch without much luck.

I imagine you’ll have no problem with shoes that have a wood or cork bottom.

thanx man

TC better keep his mouth shut with that mess around me :slight_smile:

I like ottomax (sp?).

A

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Ballin4Christ32 wrote:
ya i searched a little bit on the net, but came up with a website that has oly shoes for 100, then read another website saying that you dont want oly shoes that have wood on the bottom because it messes with the arch of your foot.

where can i get wrestling shoes?

I think I remember reading something similar when I was looking for oly shoes.

The thing is that the BEST lifters, the ones competing in the olympics all use wood that extends through thier arch. I haven’t heard anyone anywhere else complain about the lack of mobility in the shoes for specifically olympic lifts. (Except TC, sating he feels like a “Dutch boy” wearing them.) Everyone is also using them, Thibs, Berardi and such.

I also searched for oly lifting shoes without wood in the arch without much luck.

I imagine you’ll have no problem with shoes that have a wood or cork bottom.[/quote]

Dont let the commerical crappy website scare you off, these are solid, great support and great for squatting.

http://otomix.stores.yahoo.net/ultrain.html

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
TC better keep his mouth shut with that mess around me :slight_smile:

I like ottomax (sp?).

A

hockechamp14 wrote:
Ballin4Christ32 wrote:
ya i searched a little bit on the net, but came up with a website that has oly shoes for 100, then read another website saying that you dont want oly shoes that have wood on the bottom because it messes with the arch of your foot.

where can i get wrestling shoes?

I think I remember reading something similar when I was looking for oly shoes.

The thing is that the BEST lifters, the ones competing in the olympics all use wood that extends through thier arch. I haven’t heard anyone anywhere else complain about the lack of mobility in the shoes for specifically olympic lifts. (Except TC, sating he feels like a “Dutch boy” wearing them.) Everyone is also using them, Thibs, Berardi and such.

I also searched for oly lifting shoes without wood in the arch without much luck.

I imagine you’ll have no problem with shoes that have a wood or cork bottom.

[/quote]

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Dont let the commerical crappy website scare you off, these are solid, great support and great for squatting.

http://otomix.stores.yahoo.net/ultrain.html

[/quote]

Aha! I was trying to link him to there, couldn’t find those though. Good find.

Amsterdam, what kind of shoes do you wear for lifting?

[quote]ExNole wrote:
mazilla wrote:
chuck t’s.

Ususually you want a heel for o-lifts. [/quote]

i use a plate under my heel for that, i dont like squishy under the feet.

Thanx AA. Soon as my next paycheck comes, I am going to get these.

Ok quick question about the oly shoes. With the added heal support, it emulates having plates under your heals when squatting correct?


I’ve had a pair of these for a year now and they beat otomix handsdown and at a fraction of the cost.
Adidas Enzan High:

I got a pair of those and just started going heavy again so I will start rocking them again. Till now, I have worn hiking boots on back and leg days and regular sneakers on other days.
I prefer to squat bare feet but my gym wont allow it.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Dont let the commerical crappy website scare you off, these are solid, great support and great for squatting.

http://otomix.stores.yahoo.net/ultrain.html

Aha! I was trying to link him to there, couldn’t find those though. Good find.

Amsterdam, what kind of shoes do you wear for lifting?[/quote]

Cant say I can disagree with you there. Never tried them. But whatever floats your boat, bottom line is the shoe is not going to do shit when it comes to pushing the heavy ass weight, you gotta do that on your own.

[quote]robbiminator wrote:
I’ve had a pair of these for a year now and they beat otomix handsdown and at a fraction of the cost.
Adidas Enzan High:
[/quote]

http://store.wfwclub.com/shoes.html

what do you guys think of these? i like the way these look a lot!

I switched from Chucks to lifting shoes, well worth it… just try it yourselves

Adidas AdiStar
Adidas Ironwork II
VS Athletics Weightlifting Shoe
Power Firm Weightlifting Shoes
Pendlay’s Do-win Shoes
Pendlay’s Werksan Shoes

are all good choice for Olympic shoes.

You can find them at dynamic-eleiko.com, vsathletics.com, weightliftingshoes.ca, and wfwclub.com.

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Cant say I can disagree with you there. Never tried them. But whatever floats your boat, bottom line is the shoe is not going to do shit when it comes to pushing the heavy ass weight, you gotta do that on your own.
[/quote]
Wiser words were never spoken…