Lifting Off and On for Two Years

im from the uk, im 25 years old and have been lifting off and on for about 2 years, but never really been that commited. however, in the last 2 months or so thats all changed, now im ultra commited to packing on some good muscle mass.

i cuurently weigh around 180lbs.

and before i get “flamed”, i know my legs are appalling, thats because i was of the old “cant be bothered/dont like training them” mentality. hopefully they will bulk up a lot now though as i now force myself to do leg training, and am starting to enjoy it. And yes, when i squat i go ass to grass. its just that i cant really squat an awful lot at the minute but that will come with time.

and i dont know how to, or even if you can, put multiple photos on 1 post so ill have to do 1 at a time.

looking forward to the abuse :smiley:

back

back db

front bi

and my poor little legs

well your efforts at the “on and off” thing have yielded close to zero results so in effect your are a stone cold beginner at this point and really shouldn’t be posting in this section. as i’ve told countless other newbies who post here - stick to the beginners forum, find a solid and basic beginners mass building routine and diet and work on creating a foundation before you even thinking about what areas need more work or whether you should start cutting and all that crap.

just stay basic keep a log to keep track of your results. that way you can see if the routine/diet you’re using is working for you. and most importantly - BE BRUTALLY CONSISTENT in both training and diet. save these pics as they’ll make for good “befores” and post again in ONE YEAR and we’ll flame you then :slight_smile: good luck mate

I gave you a 1, because you have a blank canvas. If you posted these pics and said that you’ve never lifted a weight before, I would believe it. Focus on eating clean, and perfect form on all compound lifts. Train hard for a year, and take some more pics. Good luck…

skills.

well i train 4 days a week now and eat lots and lots and lots.

so, in 1 years time ill be aiming for a generous 4 from you guys :smiley:

Consistency!!!

This is one important factor in reaching your goals.

No on and off! Always On!

Good Luck

[quote]joshjuk wrote:
Consistency!!!

Good Luck[/quote]

Agreed, it is a lifestyle. Best of luck.

u look horrible

u look soft and doughy

i was really gonna try to compliment u … but there is just nothing there

i like the tattoo on ur back

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
i like the tattoo on ur back[/quote]

No you don’t

you’re just trying tp be nice

The soft doughy looks coming back. I said it here first.

[quote]kinein wrote:
joshjuk wrote:
Consistency!!!

Good Luck

Agreed, it is a lifestyle. Best of luck.
[/quote]

Agreed! Consistency is key to getting results; it is definitely a lifestyle and very much worth it. Good luck! You’ll need a strong mindset and dedication…no breaks simply b/c you don’t “feel” like working out.

Well you do need to pack on some muscle which comes with time and consistency however I like your gray undies ; )

[quote]animalmj wrote:
I gave you a 1, because you have a blank canvas. If you posted these pics and said that you’ve never lifted a weight before, I would believe it. Focus on eating clean, and perfect form on all compound lifts. Train hard for a year, and take some more pics. Good luck…[/quote]

i think thats a bit harsh, like a couple of the other comments.

i think its because im pale, what with it being in the middle of british winter, so you cant see much, but i like to think i have some definition and muscularity starting to develop, especially in the back, well i know for a fact i have, because i have friends that dont lift and have a non physical job and compared to them i look like mr o.

so to say it looks like i have never lifted is a bit unfair.

however, i fully expected the abuse and apart from the little issue i have raised above, am not bothered by it, it was a sort of starter point, a place where in a year i could come back and “show you guys”.

time will tell.

Then why post on a rate my physique forum, youngblood? YOu post bad pictures (by your own admission) and expect a not-too-bad rating and no harsh comments (which are made based on what we see) simply because the pictures you posted don;t show the “real” you? So how does anyone advise the “real” you?

The pics you posted show a person with very little muscular development, if that. Clearly thats not the real you, who towers over his compadres…so why worry about what anyone says?

yikes