T Nation

Lifting & Laughing...

Okay, so I am Megaloca, Megatron, or just Meg:)

I’ve been working out regularly (cardio grind, bootcamp, & kettlebell) for several years. I only started lifting regularly four months ago thanks to Rick Fischer, to whom I am happily indebted to for eternity for all of his time, knowledge, and good ole’ push yourself attitude. In February I was about 218lbs, I currently am 197lbs @ 5’7". The pounds haven’t moved much (which I’m not worried about) but the inches have changed nicely. Love my time in the gym!

I am starting this log to help keep my butt on track while I head to Sin City for a week. Definitely going to miss working out with HighEnergy, KBGal, HoJo, & Fischer but will be traveling with my Hubs and kiddos, and will be bringing some bells along to swing while there.

So for today…Legs.

Front Squats
x5 Bar, 65, 85
x2 105
x1 115
4x3 125
2x2 125

Single Leg Press
4x5 @ 75

GHRs
3x5
Skipped Abs due to time, will make up tomorrow.

Bootcamp tonight:) BooYA!

Woo-hoo! First in Meg’s log! Welcome!

Good stuff today. See you for more in about an hour.

btw, love the log title…fits perfectly. :slight_smile:

later,
Jean

Welcome, Meg. That’s good squatting. Whereabouts in Illinois? My brother is in Rockford.

Hi Meg, I guess I need to create a post myself now

[quote]KBgal wrote:
Woo-hoo! First in Meg’s log! Welcome!

Good stuff today. See you for more in about an hour.

btw, love the log title…fits perfectly. :slight_smile:

later,
Jean[/quote]

Awesome Jean, thank you!

[quote]cavalier wrote:
Welcome, Meg. That’s good squatting. Whereabouts in Illinois? My brother is in Rockford.[/quote]

Thanks Cavalier, more in the Chicago area. I see you are a Ohioan, dare I assume Cleveland (Cavs)…thanks for the welcome.

[quote]HIGHENERGY wrote:
Hi Meg, I guess I need to create a post myself now[/quote]

H.E.,…goals are good;) see you bright and early!

No, Columbus. Just moved here a few months ago. Have been around all over the country. Cavalier is the name of a character I played many years in role playing games.

My nephew’s going to college somewhere around Chicago. You’re real close to Mr Fischer and the kettle bell gal.

[quote]cavalier wrote:
No, Columbus. Just moved here a few months ago. Have been around all over the country. Cavalier is the name of a character I played many years in role playing games.

My nephew’s going to college somewhere around Chicago. You’re real close to Mr Fischer and the kettle bell gal.[/quote]

Real close…they are my trainer and training buddies:) good people.

:slight_smile: Good Workout today!

[quote]Megaloca wrote:

[quote]cavalier wrote:
No, Columbus. Just moved here a few months ago. Have been around all over the country. Cavalier is the name of a character I played many years in role playing games.

My nephew’s going to college somewhere around Chicago. You’re real close to Mr Fischer and the kettle bell gal.[/quote]

Real close…they are my trainer and training buddies:) good people.[/quote]

Ah, of course.

HI Meg!

On the road and haven’t done much besides stretch out and a few bw squats at the rest stops. Been quite the adventure so far with the kids. So here is Thursday’s workout, it was supposed to be mobility & some quick complexes but HighEnergy has a funny effect on my plans…

Deadlifts:
x5 95
x3 135
x2 175
x1 205
x1. 225
x30 135

Sumo:
2 x 5 @ 135 (this was my first experience with these, love the way they made my legs feel)

Welcome and good work. Those are nice numbers.

Yes I do…you love me for it! :wink: Have a great trip!

Hi Everone, thanks for the welcomes!

First day in Las Vegas after two days in the car. Managed to pull together a hodge podge workout with the 30 lb kettle bell I brought with us.

Stretches & warm-ups

Table Tops 10-Victory Rolls 10-Heel Lifts 10-Arm Pikes 10 3x through

Push Ups 10-MC 10 3x

KB Swing 10 L/R- Clean & Press 10 L/R- Swings 10 L/R 3x

Goblets 10- Swing Peaks 10- Snatch 10 L/R 3x

OH Press 10- Tri Press 10- Bent Row 10 3x

Shrugs 20- Swing Peaks 10- GM 10 3x

Tried to focus on upper body today as that is the schedule at home. The heat really took it out of me in the end and I had to search out a shady corner. Felt good to move again.

Forgot the KB bicept curls 20 & One Arm Bent Row 10 3x

Arms feel good.

[quote]Co tenBroek wrote:
Welcome and good work. Those are nice numbers.
[/quote]

Thanks! I had fun with it.

BOOM…Your my hero, working out on vacation!..I did not make it in to the gym tonight so I will be deadlifting tommorow by my lonesome :slight_smile:

Oh God, you didn’t do all that out in the sun, did you? Nobody told you Vegas is smack middle of the desert?