Lifting for Old Age

I would like to take my hat off to all of those over 40 and still are deadlifting.

Im my eyes, you men are the real heroes.

No joke.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:
I would like to take my hat off to all of those over 40 and still are deadlifting.

Im my eyes, you men are the real heroes.

No joke.

tweet[/quote]

Horse shit.

If you are talking about being old at 50 you may as well just go blow your brains out. I hear so much whining about being too old to recover, lift heavy, get bigger, get stronger. I hear lots of whining about injuries and such.

Fukmedead.

Everyone can get bigger and stronger if you train, eat and sleep properly. Everyone can do this without injury if you lift correctly, warm up and do prehab work all the time. This applies to 15 year olds and 150 year olds.

Why can’t “old” people (over 30 apparantly) go on all night booze binges? They can. They are just a lot smarter than when they were 18. Why can’t “old” people lift heavy? They can, they just do it smarter. Young lifters have to warm up just like older lifters, but often they don’t because they can get away with it for a while. But eventually the young lifter will fuck up his shoulders or his back or whatever. Same for an older lifter.

There are medical issues associated with getting older. So what. Get it fixed. Young lifters can have medical issues as well. Get it fixed.

Now stop being a pussy and go pick up something that scares the shit out of you.

This was taken 2 years ago. He still competes at 80+