Lifting Enuff?

1. Squat
    Calve raises
    Bench Press/Incline
    Bicep curls
    Glute Ham Raises

2. Deadlift/Pull (once I figure pulls out)
    Chins/Lat pulldown
    T-bar Row?/Bentover row
    Triceps
    Standing Military Press Barbell

3. Leg Presses
    Abs

Mon: 1
Tue:
Wed: 2
Thu: 3
Fri: 1
Sat: 2
Sun:

I’m following massive eating and use various supplements. Since following a good diet I am ready to rock for the next workout. I plan on following the 24-50 principle by CW. I plan on changing the lifts from time to time. Flat bench to incline, deadlift to pull, squat to overhead or front, etc. Thurs. is just a short workout after work.

A concern I have is my quads don’t get a lot of work in my squats. I guess I could change the way I perform them.

Suggetions/comments wanted.

[quote]anderson1357 wrote:

1. Squat
    Calve raises
    Bench Press/Incline
    Bicep curls
    Glute Ham Raises

2. Deadlift/Pull (once I figure pulls out)
    Chins/Lat pulldown
    T-bar Row?/Bentover row
    Triceps
    Standing Military Press Barbell

3. Leg Presses
    Abs

Mon: 1
Tue:
Wed: 2
Thu: 3
Fri: 1
Sat: 2
Sun:

I’m following massive eating and use various supplements. Since following a good diet I am ready to rock for the next workout. I plan on following the 24-50 principle by CW. I plan on changing the lifts from time to time. Flat bench to incline, deadlift to pull, squat to overhead or front, etc. Thurs. is just a short workout after work.

A concern I have is my quads don’t get a lot of work in my squats. I guess I could change the way I perform them.

Suggetions/comments wanted.
[/quote]

Have you tried front squats??? If not you might wanna give those a go and see if it works for ya.

I like your setup a lot esp. the focus on lower body, 3rd workout being very short and the whole weekly organization. It is also very good you plan on following Chad’s general principles, rather then obsessing over particular set/rep scheme.

As the previous poster suggested, try substituting Front Squats or even Lunges for Leg Press on workout 3), of course, after a while. Then you can do something completely different there, like Snatch-Grip DL or Power Cleans, or whatever you feel your weak point might be.

try doing some stiff leg pulls, iso. rows, and even heavy shoulder shrugs{on deadlift days}

reverse grip bench, wide “powerlifting” grip bench, single arm ticep extensions and pulldowns, declines{bench days}

olympic squats

hit me up if you have any questions or even if you want me to email you a copy of the work out that i have me and my lifters on…

Should I feel sore the following day after a workout? I have a little DOMS in my lower back, and my traps feel, not sore, but worked. I’ve been following the above routine. Yesterday I did the following:

a X b (reps x weight)
deadlift
8x135 5x245 5x245 5x245 5x285 5x285
Pullups
5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
lat pull
2x165 3x150
behind neck barbell mil press
5x75 5x85 5x85 4x85 4x85
decline tricep ext dumbell
5x20 5x25 5x25 5x25 5x25 4x25

Pullups felt good, I focused alot on squeezing the lats and controlling the entire movement. Last couple sets were hard

Mil press felt good as well. Last 2 sets I couldn’t even finish the 5 reps.

decline tricep produced similar results. I was shaking at the last 2 sets on the last reps.

I take 70 secs between sets and I don’t cheat the exercise. I know I’m not lifting a lot but I’m new yet. My problem is I feel real good. I feel like I didn’t lift enough, but during the workout I was at the point of muscle failure/unable to perform exercise correctly.

Another Question I have:
What gains should I strive for? I seen some guy post 23lbs LBM in 8 weeks, I call bullshit on that. I don’t think those are actual LBM gains, but I was 172 four weeks back now I’m 178 @ 11.6bf%. What do I know?

If you can’t complete your workout properly, increase your rest periods in between sets or decrease the weight/reps and just build up your stamina add abit more each week or reducing your rest period.