Lifting & Driving

Okay yesterday on my drive home from work the guy in front of me in a dodge van was doing curls and presses with a dumbell with his right hand while steering with his left.
Talk about making time to lift. It was a legit dumbbell too. Like a 60 pounder, which may not sound like much but he was driving!!!
I’ve found a hero

When you drive, you drive!!!

It’s stuff like this that make unneccesary accidents happen.

Hero?? IMHO he’s a moron! What would his excuse be if he had an accident? What if one of your friends/relatives were run over by this “workout driver”? Would you still consider him a hero?

Sounds to me like somebody has watched “Over the Top” a tad too many times.

Dude sorry had no time for the gym had to get to work ususally I lift at the gym but occasionally I have to improvise. You should see when I break out the 130’s and do dumdbell presses all the people driving on the road get real pissed. :stuck_out_tongue:
Naw just kidding it sounds like this person read Shug’s blog about adaption though

That is just plain dangerous but very funny.

However, I have to admit that sometimes on my commute home where the traffic was terribile I would bring a stress/squeeze ball in the car so I could work on my grip strenth while I was sitting in traffic. Plus, I HATE traffic so I was getting some of my anger out on the stress ball…hehe.

Dammit! Someone took my “Over the Top” joke before I could respond.

I think it’s John McCallum that had a good story aobut a guy doing curls, sitting on the back bumper of his car while waiting for the ferry to arrive.

[quote]drryan wrote:
Sounds to me like somebody has watched “Over the Top” a tad too many times.
[/quote]

Can you ever see “Over The Top” too many times? Isn’t it considered one of the greatest theatrical works of all time? I mean, he got the eagle off his old rig and everything!

Cheers

Dave,

I think you are 100% right, it was quite the cinematic masterpiece. After watching that movie I just knew that I could overcome any adversity if I just turned my hat around backwards while blasting Europes’ “The Final Countdown.”

To see him and his son at the end…wait, I’m starting to tear up just thinking about.

Ryan