Lifting Books

ok not lifting books but books on lifting/strength/fitness and the likes. anyone know of any good books by some good authors?

Well, I don’t have as many as I’d like, but I have the two big Arnold ones, his Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding and Education of a Bodybuilder.

I’d love to get Mark Rippetoe’s book like Starting Strength.

Nards: “His Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding”

THIS…

Here are a few:

Starting Strength and Practical Programming by Mark Rippetoe
The Strongest Shall Survive by Bill Starr
Any of Charles Poliquin’s books (Poliquin Principles, Modern Strength Training, Q&A)
Supertraining, Mel Siff

Kind of depends exactly what you’re after. Keep in mind, the more you read the more conflicting opinions you’ll come across.

LL Cool J has one out that I’ve been dying to get :slight_smile:

Seriously, I read CT’s Big Black Book of Training Secrets which helped me out a lot with learning O-lifts and training in general for hockey and Rugby

Maximum Strength by Eric Cressey is one of the best out there.

Starting Strength and Practical Programming by Mark Rippetoe.

sounds good. :smiley:

“Keep in mind, the more you read the more conflicting opinions you’ll come across.”

yea i guess. haha

in singapore, theres not alot of these kinda books available. (stupid education system that focuses too much on academics) but ill be sure to keep a look out. thanks!

and ill be mostly interested in strength and athletics type books. yup!

Charles Poliquin just came out with a new book, called “Bigger, Stronger Arms - the Poliquin Way”. Check it out.

[quote]escartin wrote:
Charles Poliquin just came out with a new book, called “Bigger, Stronger Arms - the Poliquin Way”. Check it out.[/quote]

Damn, lurkers are coming out in force today.

OP - anything by Fred Hatfield is a good read.

I enjoyed “the new rules of lifting” and recommend TNROL for women as well because it emphasizes the basic deadlift squat lunge push pull twist exercises. I enjoyed built for show which is linear and to be done all year long… fall winter spring summer. NROL has 3 of each programs for fat loss, hypertrophy, and Strength. Cosgrove is the writer of the routines as well as some of the inspiration for Nate’s as well. Can’t beat 5/3/1 and it is an E book so maybe you can get it too. I want to get more and some of the ones mentioned here.

Hmmm, most listed I have read, others I still have to dig into.

Waterbury - Huge in a Hurry
Cressey - Maximum Strength
Staley - Muscle Logic
Rippetoe - Strong Enough
Thibaudeau - Black book of Training Secrets/Theory and Application of Modern Strength and Power Methods/Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde
Medvedyev - A System of Multi-Year Training in Weightlifting
Simmons - Westside Book of Methods
Berardi - Scrwany to Brawny
Verkhoshansky - Programming and Organization of Training/Special Strength Training
Hayward - Blast Your Bench
Roman - The Training of the Weightlifter
Bondarchuk - Transfer of Training in Sports

alright. thanks for all the reccommendations. ill be sure to check some of them out. (:

pavel tsatsouline. anyone recognises him? i got some of his stuff online. like super joints, should i follow it? (i have some joint pains. ): )