T Nation

Lifting as a Model?

I’m starting to model and my agent told me I need to get leaner / more cut. This is my main priority. I’ve only worked out for a month or two, so I know I can achieve this while gaining muscle and eating at maintenance for a while.

What would be a good routine for my goal? Willing to work out 5 days a week, but obviously if I could achieve the same results with less time in the gym i’d do it.

your diet is going to be the biggest factor in this mate

you could train three or 4 times a week. No real need for more than that unless it’s fitness modelling, which is a whole different animal

tough decisions

How often would fitness models train?

What kind of modeling?

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
What kind of modeling? [/quote]

Lifestyle modeling, can’t do high end fashion cause im too short, maybe i’ll still grow though.

male?

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
male?[/quote]

Yeah.

What type of routine would get me looking lean quicker, 4/5 day split or a full body workout 3x a week?

I’m only 5’9 160 lbs right now, but I believe I can get leaner while maintaining / even gaining a little weight.

[quote]Ampedlift wrote:
What type of routine would get me looking lean quicker, 4/5 day split or a full body workout 3x a week?

I’m only 5’9 160 lbs right now, but I believe I can get leaner while maintaining / even gaining a little weight. [/quote]

You are quite small to begin with, and probably not a lot of muscle mass. It will be pretty hard for you to get much leaner.

You can really pick up ANY program off this site, your goals will be dictated by your diet.

[quote]Ampedlift wrote:

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
male?[/quote]

Yeah.

I’m only 5’9 160 lbs right now, but I believe I can get leaner while maintaining / even gaining a little weight. [/quote]

[quote]Ampedlift wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
What kind of modeling? [/quote]

Lifestyle modeling, can’t do high end fashion cause im too short, maybe i’ll still grow though. [/quote]

I’ve read your previous posts, and from the other threads it appears you want someone to tell you which program to use. It is not that simple because not everyone can do just any program found on the site. Though T-Nation has different ideas of what a ‘beginner’ is, in many cases it is less a question of ability and more about the availability of equipment to finish a routine.

I could suggest “Destroying Fat: War Room Strategies to Maximize Fat Loss” by Christian Thibaudeau, (http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/destroying_fat_war_room_strategies_to_maximize_fat_loss) but if you workout at a commercial gym you won’t be able to complete the strength or lactate-inducing circuits. Trust me: people are bastards and if they see you using multiple pieces of equipment they’ll make up a reason to take one away. You’ll run into the same problem with Chad Waterbury’s Summer Project or Charles Staley’s Escalating Density Training routines.

It would be easier if you used the search engine to find a few programs that appeal to you. Then you could return to this thread and ask about nutrition and how to integrate complexes or other conditioning work to optimize fat loss. The programs you select will give us an idea of what you’re going be able to do, and with those in mind readers will be able to recommend other practical programs they feel are better suited to your goals.