Lifting and Then Cardio?

I read or heard somewhere, that if you are trying to put on mass, you shouldn’t do cardio RIGHT after working out. It was recommended that IF you are trying to add mass, you should do your cardio hours after lifting because your body needs rest immediately after.

Is there any truth to this??

If the goal is above all add mass and you have a problem adding weight in general limit excess activity outside the gym and eat more

Phill

I say so, at least for me. When I’m bulking I barely do any cardio, although a little HIIT will help you get threw your leg workouts better. When cutting I think its all right but not ideal. You will burn more fat though since your partially depleted but I prefer to do low intensity cardo first thing in the morning before eating anything.

I was always of the opinion that at least eating something before doing morning cardio was the best way to do it.

I don’t mean a full course meal, but at least a glass of milk and a scoop of protien powder.

[quote]SwampThing wrote:
I was always of the opinion that at least eating something before doing morning cardio was the best way to do it.

I don’t mean a full course meal, but at least a glass of milk and a scoop of protien powder.[/quote]

If you got a fast metabolism maybe or if your bulking, but guys like me burn a lot more fat doing cardio on an empty stomach.