Lifters Over 6'0"

starting this for lifters over 6’ becuase its a lot harder when your tall to bodybuild.

paleassse. I’m over 6’ and growing like a weed. My numbers are rising like a bean stalk. Being tall does not make anything harder. Tall and short people have there advantages and disadvantageuous it all meets equilibream.

[quote]NickR24 wrote:
starting this for lifters over 6’ becuase its a lot harder when your tall to bodybuild[/quote]

I’m 6’2" and have never viewed this as a detriment to weight training.

Outside of a historically shitty bench press, I have no gripes.

Given the choice, I’d much rather be tall.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
NickR24 wrote:
starting this for lifters over 6’ becuase its a lot harder when your tall to bodybuild

Given the choice, I’d much rather be tall.[/quote]

Ummmm, I think you read my mind.

I’d like to 2nd everything in this post.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
NickR24 wrote:
starting this for lifters over 6’ becuase its a lot harder when your tall to bodybuild

Given the choice, I’d much rather be tall.[/quote]

x2, but 6’1

But I have a strong bench for my weight

I’m 6’1 with a 76’’ wingspan, and I don’t believe it has ever put me at a disadvantage. I hold all my school records for lifting and to boot I got a football scholarship because of my height…I think if anything my height has helped me…

Uh just over 6ft shouldn’t have a problem, it could be a problem for freaks who are like close to 7ft or so as they are usually very lengthy.

shorter people can look better with less mass, yet if your taller you have opportunity to add more mass then the shorter person. So both have advantages and disadvantages.

im 6ft 2 and never felt it has caused me any disadvantage. its all myth this idea of height causing problems. Only time I seen it be a problem was when i took my friend to the gym who was 7ft, he had a hell of a long way to squat.

I’m 6-1", and I’ll have agree with some of the other replies in that i do have a weaker bench than i would like…I quit benching with a barbell long ago and use only dumbell’s. But that is the only “gripe” that i have.

6’2 with a 72 inch wingspan, my bench has always been decent but my squat has sucked…its not the end of the world just be glad that you have a large frame so you can look like a monster if/when you fill out

[quote]nickendres wrote:
I’m 6’1 with a 76’’ wingspan, and I don’t believe it has ever put me at a disadvantage. I hold all my school records for lifting and to boot I got a football scholarship because of my height…I think if anything my height has helped me…[/quote]

generally its when your tall and naturally really skinny that its the problem. ubernewb is wicked tall and lifts retarded weights. but manut bohl wouldnt have such an easy time.

ill admit, if i could keep my pulling strength and penis length i wouldnt mind being like an inch shorter. but 20lbs from now ill be looking a lot better anyway.

This place is so negative, no matter what someone says, no matter how true the statement is, EVERYONE disagrees with it, lol.

I have a cousin that’s 6’4", 250 lbs, yet I would say he is far from being able to step on stage as a bodybuilder (he’s not a bodybuilder, just trying to stay in shape and get stronger). Lets face if some guy that was 5’8" weighed 250 lbs and was equally as lean, he would look HUUUUGE.

I’m 6’1", and I wish I was much taller, haha, but when it comes down to it, it is more difficult to get that bodybuilder look when you’re taller.

To throw my negative two cents in, how does someone just start a thread about something so unoriginal and have absoulutely nothing to add? Haha, just messin’ with you, I could care less.

I’ll take being tall over short any day of the week. Sure, you might look bigger with the same amount of mass, but if I put my hand on your forehead, you can’t hit me anyway :wink:

from a competitive bodybuilding standpoint, shorter guys fill out quicker, giving them a bigger appearance. They do this because of shorter muscles and blah, blah.

A tall guy, however, when he fills out can dwarf the short guy because the tall guy is bigger.

Now granted that a short guy can get to 220lbs and be the size of a pro bodybuilder a tall guy might have to be 270-300. It doesn’t really matter in the end because it’s just as hard for a short guy to grow big enough to be a competitive bodybuilder as it is a tall guy.

Hope that made sense lol

Gerdy

I used to think that being tall made me weak at benching. Then I saw Magnus Samuelsson (Who is 3" taller than me) bench crazy weights.

The only real disadvantage I can think of for being tall is having to piss carefully to not miss the toilet so far below you. lol

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
paleassse. I’m over 6’ and growing like a weed. My numbers are rising like a bean stalk. Being tall does not make anything harder. Tall and short people have there advantages and disadvantageuous it all meets equilibream.[/quote]

That’s why professional bodybuilding is filled with 6’5 monsters rolls eyes

Ok, now some of you guys who are negative about this like nickenders how long have you been working out?? Almost half of your life. To everyone the concept of this is not to say im 6’1" and i would rather be tall than short. Its to see what other people have problems with.

Also, dont tell me your bullshit i haven’t noticed anything if you think thats true your just stupid! Becuase you know if you did the same workout and were 2-4 inches shorter you wouldn’t look the same.

And finnaly yes height matters Arnold Schwarzenegger is what 6’2" and has openly said that he had to work his legs (calf’s) the hardest to get them bigger and ended up getting implants. This proves that guys over 6’ have troubles maybe not if your mothers and fathers are fucked up and have made you workout sence you were like 12, if so this isn’t the topic/forum for you

[quote]GuerillaZen wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
paleassse. I’m over 6’ and growing like a weed. My numbers are rising like a bean stalk. Being tall does not make anything harder. Tall and short people have there advantages and disadvantageuous it all meets equilibream.

That’s why professional bodybuilding is filled with 6’5 monsters rolls eyes[/quote]

it will be when I’m competeing

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
GuerillaZen wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

That’s why professional bodybuilding is filled with 6’5 monsters rolls eyes

it will be when I’m competeing[/quote]

is that a joke?

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
the I can think of for being tall is having to piss carefully to not miss the toilet so far below you. lol[/quote]

and also splatter tends to accumulate on and around the toilet no matter how perfect your aim is.

For the record, I think your body proportions matter a lot more than your raw height does. The difference between 6’3" and 6’4" is negligible, that is the difference between having a slightly longer neck than the next guy. Some guys have long legs and short torsos, other guys are the opposite.

Some guys have wider ribcages, some guys have big arches in their feet, or they have really long fingers but small palms, or long palms and short fingers.

There are so many other factors at work than height, strictly speaking, and a short guy could be just as disproportional as a taller guy and be just as disadvantaged because of it. You know, some guys are pretty tall, but you see them and it is pretty clear that they were never quite meant to be that tall, a person like that is likely to be disadvantaged with any number of activities, at least until they can adequately fill out their frames.