Lifter from Chicago

Nice work. I have heard a lot of good things about Eric Stone’s meets. Contemplating jumping into one next year, I have free places to stay in Chicago, both friends and family. Oh, and eat an Italian Beef for me, hot and sweet peppers please.

Chi-town I would suggest once in awhile on a weekend to go to either USA gym in burbank or Qauds gym in the city to train with some strong dudes.

I just moved from the south suburbs(justice-dont ask) to Naperville. If you ever want to lift let me know.

fischer

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:
Chi-town I would suggest once in awhile on a weekend to go to either USA gym in burbank or Qauds gym in the city to train with some strong dudes.

I just moved from the south suburbs(justice-dont ask) to Naperville. If you ever want to lift let me know.

fischer[/quote]

Is CFC still any good?

[quote]PeteS wrote:
FISCHER613 wrote:

fischer

Is CFC still any good? [/quote]

Never been there.

[quote]PeteS wrote:
Nice work. I have heard a lot of good things about Eric Stone’s meets. Contemplating jumping into one next year, I have free places to stay in Chicago, both friends and family. Oh, and eat an Italian Beef for me, hot and sweet peppers please. [/quote]

Pete,

Eric is hosting a raw meet on December 12th this year. I’ll get down to Tony’s and have that beef for you, after workout protein.

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

fischer[/quote]

Fischer,

Suprisingly there are some strong guys at LA Fitness. Before moving to LA Fitness, I was lifting at Diamond Gym (formerly Golds). Diamond closed and most of the lifters moved onto LA Fitness. But I hear you, USA and Quads are top gyms in the area. Maybe if I can get my deadlift up to 500 I’ll venture in.

So due to a work committment I needed to combine both my deadlift and bench workouts today. My bench and over all upper body strength sucks but I was happy with my deadlift.

DL
warmups: bar x 12, 95x10, 135x8, 185x5, 225x3, 275x3, 315x2
365x1
405x1
435x1

Bench
top set 235x3

DB Rows
Skull Crushers
Ab Wheel

I am dead.

Just saw your thread. I would have white lighted ya. Good strong raw lifting.

[quote]63Galaxie wrote:
Just saw your thread. I would have white lighted ya. Good strong raw lifting.[/quote]

Same here. Never competed myself, but to my untrained eye that looked strong. Welcome aboard!

Also, I’m with you on your comment about hitting 500# and THEN hitting one of those gyms. I have an urge to compete, but want certain numbers before I do, just so I don’t look like I don’t belong.

[quote]Chi-Town Lifter wrote:
PeteS wrote:
Nice work. I have heard a lot of good things about Eric Stone’s meets. Contemplating jumping into one next year, I have free places to stay in Chicago, both friends and family. Oh, and eat an Italian Beef for me, hot and sweet peppers please.

Pete,

Eric is hosting a raw meet on December 12th this year. I’ll get down to Tony’s and have that beef for you, after workout protein.

[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that one, timing not quite right. I will actually be down there for Thanksgiving and then again probably for New Years. Will probably shoot for his Spring meet.

Welcome and nice work!

I hear you on the bench sucking thing-

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Welcome and nice work!

[/quote]

I have the upper body of a 181er and a lower body of a 198er at 220.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Welcome and nice work!

[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome!

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

fischer[/quote]

fischer, where in naperville do you lift? im not too far from there and i will occasionally go to north central college and lift in their gym with one of my friends who go there

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:
FISCHER613 wrote:

fischer

fischer, where in naperville do you lift? im not too far from there and i will occasionally go to north central college and lift in their gym with one of my friends who go there [/quote]

Depends on the day. I am a P.trainer and switch between 2 gyms. I lift at the Bolingbrook park district (head trainer) and Hometown fitness in Plainfield. Once in awhile I train at Jakked Hardcore (my favorite) in Montgomery that place has everything. Where do you train at ?

sorry for the hijack

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:
fighting_fires wrote:
FISCHER613 wrote:

fischer

fischer, where in naperville do you lift? im not too far from there and i will occasionally go to north central college and lift in their gym with one of my friends who go there

Depends on the day. I am a P.trainer and switch between 2 gyms. I lift at the Bolingbrook park district (head trainer) and Hometown fitness in Plainfield. Once in awhile I train at Jakked Hardcore (my favorite) in Montgomery that place has everything. Where do you train at ?

sorry for the hijack

[/quote]

o alright. yeah well im in wheaton and lfit at the wheaton sports center most of the time. but like i said sometimes i will lift at NCC campus gym with some friends.

x2 on the hijack thing

[quote]Chi-Town Lifter wrote:
kmcnyc wrote:
Welcome and nice work!

I have the upper body of a 181er and a lower body of a 198er at 220.[/quote]

I have the upper of a kitten and the lower of a 165 :slight_smile:

[quote]63Galaxie wrote:
Just saw your thread. I would have white lighted ya. Good strong raw lifting.[/quote]

63Galaxie (awesome car!)

Thanks for the compliment. My knees did bend again, so I can understand the redlights. However I was happy with the effort.

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
63Galaxie wrote:
Just saw your thread. I would have white lighted ya. Good strong raw lifting.

Same here. Never competed myself, but to my untrained eye that looked strong. Welcome aboard!

Also, I’m with you on your comment about hitting 500# and THEN hitting one of those gyms. I have an urge to compete, but want certain numbers before I do, just so I don’t look like I don’t belong.[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome Little Strick. Once I hit 500 I’m going to develop a case of ILS (lol).

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:
fighting_fires wrote:
FISCHER613 wrote:

fischer

sorry for the hijack

[/quote]

Fighting Fires & Fischer,

No worries on the hijack. Maybe we can get together in the future and train a little.