Lifter from Chicago

Hello all. I’ve been lurking for a while as you can see from my post count. I just wanted to introduce myself and interact a little with my older brethren. I just turned 45 and I am contemplating taking part in my second powerlifting competition.

I competed in my first competition earlier this year (June)at 220 and posted a 402 squat, 259 bench and 418 deadlift. I got 440 up but received 2 red lights. The lifts were in a singlet with only a belt. I have videos and will try to get them loaded.

I just returned to lifting a 1 1/2 weeks ago after a 4 week layoff due to a low back injury (from doing good mornings) and being a lazy ass. I pulled 425 last Thurdsay and squated an easy 315x4 yesterday. I had been following 5-3-1 (yep I bought the book) since after my first meet and I beleive it was serving me well.

Well that’s all for now, as I said I just wanted to introduce myself and interact a little more with the T-Nation community.

Welcome and jump right in on anybody’s thread. We’re a friendly bunch of old farts…

And those were some good numbers you put up at that meet!

Thanks for the welcome Solodog.

Here’s the 418 deadlift that was passed.

Here’s the 440 that got 2 red lights.

Nice lifts. You posted the 418 one twice. I was wondering why that one was failed and it turned out to be the same video…

Psyche!

GrayCrane,

Thanks for the heads up, I’m trying to post the correct video.

Charming Albino,

Thanks for stopping by. I’ve looked at your log and you lift some serious weight!

Here’s the real 440 that got 2 red lights.[/quote]

[quote]Chi-Town Lifter wrote:
Charming Albino,

Thanks for stopping by. I’ve looked at your log and you lift some serious weight!

[/quote]

I’m just trying to stay ahead of BuzzSaw Domokun (kmcnyc).

im not an over 35 guy but i saw this pop up. nice lifts. where in chicago do you lift?

Why was that 2 red lights?

And welcome, where in Chicago are you? I’m right near North Park University.

good lifting.
did you ask for the reason you got redlighted? It kinda looks like you hitched at top but i’ve seen much worse and get 3 white.

Fighting Fires and PB Andy, I’m in Oak Forest, the south suburbs (moved recently from the south side of the city). I lift at an LA Fitness (yeah I know but it serves my purpose) in Tinley Park.

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:
good lifting.
did you ask for the reason you got redlighted? It kinda looks like you hitched at top but i’ve seen much worse and get 3 white.

[/quote]

I was such a newbie I did not ask, but there is some hitching and my knees bends twice, No complaints from me, the meet was a blast and the judges were vey good to me. If you ever get a chance to lift in a meet ran by Eric Stone, I highly recommend it.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[/quote]

Hey you’re pretty close to where I am.

[quote]GrayCrane wrote:
PB Andy wrote:

Hey you’re pretty close to where I am.[/quote]

Where’s that?

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
GrayCrane wrote:
PB Andy wrote:

Where’s that?[/quote]

I’m up in Evanston…and I go to the Wendy’s on Touhy far too much. That’s closer I guess.

[quote]GrayCrane wrote:
PB Andy wrote:
GrayCrane wrote:
PB Andy wrote:

Where’s that?

I’m up in Evanston…and I go to the Wendy’s on Touhy far too much. That’s closer I guess.[/quote]

hah, which gym are you lifting at? I’m at Galter Life Center on Foster/California.