LiftAndLetLive's Log

Welcome to LiftAndLetLive’s training log!

Aims by 31st December 2013
Deadlift 200kg 1RM 180kg 5reps
Dips 30 in a row
Overhead Press 60kg 1RM 50kg 5reps
Power Cleab 70kg 1RM 60kg 5reps
Barbell row 100kg 1RM 90kg 5reps
Bicep Curl 40kg 1RM 35kg 5reps

Weight Target : 75kg
Body fat Target : 8%
Current weight : 69kg
Current body fat % : estimated 15-17%
Height : 180cm

Training started : 14/1/13
I start off today as an extomorph. Tired if being shy to take out his shirt in the local pool or too weak to be awesome at his favorite sport, football (or as Americans call it, soccer) I embark on this journey, the journey of a man bitten by the iron bug, sweating blood to receive his desired results. I pray by the time 31st December 2013 has come, all my above aims have been achieve, and hopefully, surpassed.
I want to thank the members of Tnation who has given me help, especially with my Deadlft form, and everyone in the future in advance.

IMPORTANT NOTE
I am NOT some famous power lifter or a guy with a 400lbs Deadlift. I am quite the opposite actually. The reason for this log is for me to keep track of my progress as well as to gain moral support from those caring enough to leave kind comments/constructive criticism.

Training Regime
Monday
Deadlifts 1x5
Dips 3x8
Back Extensions 3x10

Wednesday
Power Clean 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Barbell Rows 3x5

Friday
Deadlifts 2x5
Dips 3x8
Overhead Press 3x5
Bicep Curls 3x5

2.5kg to be added after each successful workout.

Nutrition
I do not have control of my diet as my lunch and dinner are catered. I do make sure though, that I eat all the protein I can

Supplements
Multivitamin - Once a day everyday except Sunday
Fish Oil - 1 with breakfast and lunch, 2 with dinner

Muscles worked
Monday
Deadlifts - Back, Hammies , Quads, Glutes, Abs, Lats
Dips - Chest, Triceps
Back Extensions - Lower back

Wednesday
Power Clean - Upper back, Lats, Traps
Overhead Press - Shoulders, Triceps, Abs, Glutes
Barbell Row - Upper back, triceps

Friday
Deadlift
Dips
Overhead Press
Bicep Curls - Biceps

16/1/13
First serious workout today and guess what? I MANAGED TO DEAD (just 7.5kg off my max) WITHOUT ANY BACK PAIN! PRAISE THE LORD!
So anyway, the details of the workout.

Deadlift - 50kg x 5reps
Today I was supposed to be Power Clean but I figured if my deadlift sucked, my clean would suck too so I decided to work form. Since I experienced no lower back pain, I expect myself to be adding numbers to my lift and hopefully reach my 100kg aim by the time March comes in.

Overhead Press - 17.5kg x 3 sets of 5 reps
The OPress is my weakest lift of all. REALLY struggled just to lift 17.5kg. An ectomorph’s nightmare. Some soreness at my thoracic spine but other than that, nothing hurts.

Barbell Row - 10kg x 3 sets of 5 reps
Easy lift. Nuff’ said. But this is just the beginning and I will not underestimate this lift especially when I work to higher numbers.

That’s all for today, see you guys on Friday!

17/1/13
Dilemma.
I feel my progress on the Overhead Press and Dips will linger behind my other lifts. Arm, shoulder and chest strength was always been a limiting factor in my workouts. If you looked at my arms, despite my height, you would have guessed I’m a measly 45kg weakling. In truth, I’m actually 70kg semi-weakling. I hope by the time December rolls in, I have worked out according to plan and have reached those I have aimed for, looked back at this post I’m typing now and think “Wow, I was so weak last time!”

My school’s annual cross-country is coming up. I have always receive VERY low placid despite my skinniness. My cardiovascular health is something not to be admired at. How do I keep my bulk going while staying fit for my cross country?
All helps on my dips and Overhead Press are appreciated.

Reserved.