Lift With Intensity

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
It IS science Greg, that’ll be my excuse when the wife is like “Uh, wtf?” “But babe, Greg SAID it’s science. Think about it!”
[/quote]

Compromise: put up posters and sultry photos of your wife!

Brilliant.

we’ll be all be over to your place to LWI!

have you been keeping an eye on craigslist since I posted that link? your welcome. :wink:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
It IS science Greg, that’ll be my excuse when the wife is like “Uh, wtf?” “But babe, Greg SAID it’s science. Think about it!”
[/quote]

Brilliant. [/quote]
I’ll run that by her.

Edit: To quote the great Bon Jovi (LOL) “Shot dooooowwwwnn, in a BLAAZE of gloorrryyyy!”

Oh well, it was worth a shot

I have MiMs, thanks. I’m going to be getting a damn good deal. now if I can find a cheap portable AC unit to toss in that thing, because it gets HOTASFREAKINGHELL in there. Meh…sweating’s good for the pores, amiright?

lol

I loved these books

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
[/quote]

Brilliant. [/quote]
I’ll run that by her.

Edit: To quote the great Bon Jovi (LOL) “Shot dooooowwwwnn, in a BLAAZE of gloorrryyyy!”

Oh well, it was worth a shot[/quote]

Damn! Thats too bad… That would have made for a pretty radical training environment if you ask me. Maybe you could get her to do a pin up style shoot or something? that way they wouldnt be totally nakey… just tastefully scantily clad

Home gym is the way to go man once I can afford an actual squat rack instead of my squat stand I will once again resume the destruction from home

DF, I haven’t read any of them and only seen a few of the movies. That pic though, LOLZ

Greg, yeah we’ll see about that. Maybe once she’s all jacked from PL and shit, she’ll be down for it. Tastefully scantily clad…I like it. Like you in your avatar :wink:

Elmore, yeah dude it is. There are pros and cons, but the pros outweigh the cons by about a 1000 I say. You could always build a squat rack out of 2x4’s, haha

No training to update, as I’ve been busy as hell lately, BUT…I got mah shit!

Power cage is solid. More sturdy than I was expecting it to be, so it should last me a long time.

Plates aren’t all the same brand, but there are at least 2 of each kind of plates (6 45s, 2 35s, 4 25s, some dimes and a bunch of nickles-added to what I own already and I’ve now got 900lbs of weight. Awesome!). The guy also said that a buddy of his was borrowing 2 of the 45’s, and he was going to go pick them up today and drop them off for me. Nice guy, short asian dude who is about 215 right now, down from 265 after shoulder surgery has taken him out for a while. Competitive bodybuilder, way stronger than I am, and wants to train together once he’s back at it and he’s only like 15 minutes from my house. Sweet.

The bar is SOLID and deepy knurled, and actually weighs wheat and olympic barbell SHOULD weigh. Looking forward to squatting with it. Got an EZ curl bar also, which is one of the heavier styles. Will def use this for skull crushers and other weird shit I can think of.

Bench is solid and he said he’s benched 405 on it and it’s sturdy. I laid on it and realized it’s a bit high, but I can toss a plate under my foot if I need too.

Also threw in some hanging ab strap things, as if I’ll actually use 'em. Ha, bodybuilders be crazy… LOL

Hoping to get another project finished later today, so I can rip out the carpet and haul the stuff into the gym and actually use it. I’m going to run a month of Sheiko #29 and see what happens.

Using a 1rm for squat/bench/dead of 300/260/440 (I know I can hit these on a good day), day 1 will look like:

(#sets x #reps x weight)
Bench
1x5x130
2x4x155
5x3x195 *Will probably wear me out on 4th set, should be “fun”

Squat
1x5x150
2x5x180
5x5x210 *All these reps…might kill me, lol

Bench (yes, again)
1x5x130
1x5x155
4x4x180

Flat DB flyes *I’ll probably do these on the floor
5x10

GMs *Think I’ll do these as “suspended” GMs to be more efficient. Thoughts?
5x5

I’m going to really give this shit a shot, and not change it up for the duration of the program. I’m expecting big results, and I really think that the increased volume of benching and squatting will help bring up my numbers. I’m hoping to at least be able to bench a paused 275 and squat 315 after this. Maybe I’m aiming high, but I need to set goals. Here’s to a (hopefully) very productive month of training.

home training permanently for you then?

Also, higher weights+higher reps= Awesome.

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
home training permanently for you then?

Also, higher weights+higher reps= Awesome. [/quote]
Yeah, I’m ready to just kill myself at home, and make some fucking progress. I’m sure I’ll hit “real” gyms every ONCE in a while, like maybe if the dude I bought the stuff from wants to train at the gym he works and could get me in for free. I think that having enough weight and equipment at home now and making the gym “complete” will help me find focus in there. Training my wife is also going to help keep me motivated to SFW that much harder. I’m looking forward to it, I just wish it could be done right now!

Awesome=Awesome, doesn’t it? Yay for awesome!

Looking forward to seeing how Sheiko 29 treats you. I tried it this summer with mixed results (lifts didn’t go up hugely but I put on some good mass) and will definitely try it again in the future.

[quote]phlegms wrote:
Looking forward to seeing how Sheiko 29 treats you. I tried it this summer with mixed results (lifts didn’t go up hugely but I put on some good mass) and will definitely try it again in the future. [/quote]
Right on, thanks for chiming in man. Honestly, I’d be happy with either/or of those results. I’ll let you know, for sure. Did you do any other work with it, like extra back work/arm/shoulder stuff, or just stick to the program by itself?

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]phlegms wrote:
Looking forward to seeing how Sheiko 29 treats you. I tried it this summer with mixed results (lifts didn’t go up hugely but I put on some good mass) and will definitely try it again in the future. [/quote]
Right on, thanks for chiming in man. Honestly, I’d be happy with either/or of those results. I’ll let you know, for sure. Did you do any other work with it, like extra back work/arm/shoulder stuff, or just stick to the program by itself?[/quote]

On my sheiko days I did it exactly as is, but I threw in an extra day of back/bicep stuff (Rows, pull ups etc.) once a week if I felt up to it. With sheiko the key was recovery for me, I made a point of eating like a mother fucker (Sheiko JACKED my appetite the fuck up), slept a tonne (7/8 hours a night plus midday or Pwo naps) and foam rolled at least once a day. Good luck with it brother, hoping it treats you well!

Sheiko week 1day 1, in the books. Felt good, very different going from bench to squat to bench again, but I pulled through. Weights aren’t heavy but the volume is going to be brutal compared to what I’m used to. Plus, shorter rest periods. It’s like cardio for fatty powerlifters!

(#sets x #reps x weight)
Bench
1x5x130
2x4x155
5x3x195

Squat
1x5x150
2x5x180
5x5x210 *wasn’t too bad, still worked me hard. Eating like shit today took a toll. So did training in the garage…

Bench
1x5x135
1x5x155
4x4x180

Flat DB flyes *on the floor
5x10@25s

GMs (suspended)
5x5@95
Light and a tad higher than I’d like, but I gotta mess with the rigging. No biggie. Really smashed my hams here

Vids of last set of all but flyes.

Time to pvc roll, eat, shower, and zzzzzzzzzzzz!

LWI

[quote]phlegms wrote:

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]phlegms wrote:
Right on, thanks for chiming in man. Honestly, I’d be happy with either/or of those results. I’ll let you know, for sure. Did you do any other work with it, like extra back work/arm/shoulder stuff, or just stick to the program by itself?[/quote]

On my sheiko days I did it exactly as is, but I threw in an extra day of back/bicep stuff (Rows, pull ups etc.) once a week if I felt up to it. With sheiko the key was recovery for me, I made a point of eating like a mother fucker (Sheiko JACKED my appetite the fuck up), slept a tonne (7/8 hours a night plus midday or Pwo naps) and foam rolled at least once a day. Good luck with it brother, hoping it treats you well! [/quote]

Thanks man, looking forward to seeing how I like it. Hopefully I can hang with less sleep, since I’m busy with work a lot more. Fuck it, I can hang! I’ll see about adding stuff in after this first week, if I can move.

deeply knarled new bar = heaven! congarts on the new home set up. Price was Right on that one!

Cool - you’re trying out Sheiko. You can be my guinea pig :slight_smile: I’m thinking of starting it in November. I’ll be curious to see the progress you make on this program.

Now I’m off the see the epic killing of your last log. I’m so busy these days that when I catch up with you guys it’s like reading novelas.

edit: just got caught up in your last log. Good job on the 20lbs PR for sumo deads. Also I have the same issue with preworkouts. I cut the dose in half and keep full dose for weekend workouts.
Jack3D used to be one of the products in my Rep bag but the canadian Gvnt decided it worked too well and it is now illegal. crap gvnt.

Hey Frenchie, I hope my experience with Sheiko is good enough to convince you to run it too. I’ll run it for a month and if it works well, I’ll run the 5 week meet prep one and hope for the best. You should have my results before you’re looking to start it :slight_smile:

Sucks that the gov pulled Jack3d from up there, guess they didn’t think you Canucks could handle it, lol

Low back, shoulders, legs, ass, even abs sore today. Winning to the max, I think. Rest day today, filled with manly house chores. Yay

Training looking good broham, one day I might go back to sheiko. I really liked the punishment aspect of it!

I’m definitely jelly of your home gym. Some day Ink… some day…

I’m also going to be watching your sheiko progress veeeeeeeeeeery closely. your workouts look like something that I would enjoy doing. I’ll be watching you