LIft The Damn Weight!

Well pursuant to everyone’s advice I’ve been trying to be more casual about everything in life. For the first time in 4 months I haven’t kept a food log b.c. there isn’t much of a need to. I’ve eaten the same staples day in and day out for long enough to know what quantities are neccessary to achieve my goals. Sadly this has led to a minor deterioration in my habits (I proudly walked around in a Testosterone t-shirt last night only to drink beer and eat pizza; sorry T-mag!). Overall though I still eat pretty decently; but my results just won’t come as fast.

In terms of lifting I’m taking 300mg/day of 1-ad for 3 weeks and just eating more or less a maintenance caloric diet. So far I’ve put on 10lbs in about 2 weeks (Basically all water weight which will be shed in the first week I’m off of it based on prior experience); and had a minor increase in lifts; although nothing as substansial as my normal progress (although then again I’ve never tried 1-ad without eating massive amounts of calories).

And even with deadlifting instead of worrying about if my form is perfect; I don’t. I just LIFT THE DAMN WEIGHT! As long as I keep my back aligned properly I need not worry. For example my roomate and I workout together and both have very different forms. I start with my ass a lot lower than he does; he does more of a stiff-legged deadlift while I do more “traditional” deadlifts (atleast for the first rep and then then they turn into more stiffs); but instead of arguing over which one has it perfect I just say “fuck it.” And interestingly enough; I can do a lot more weight.

My form is still there and I’m now training at a proper intensity. Instead of being a puss and only lifting 225 for 4x6 I’ve been doing 265. I tried 300 today and I nailed it for the first two sets of 6 reps; but I had to stop after 2 sets and lower the weight b/c I was overzealous.
That’s it.
Shower time post-workout.

Today I ate some food and lifted heavy things. Hoorah.

can I have a rain check on this one?

man…hey powda, have you ever eaten just .9 of a bananna?

"Sadly this has led to a minor deterioration in my habits (I proudly walked around in a Testosterone t-shirt last night only to drink beer and eat pizza; sorry T-mag!). "

Its sad that you think thats “wrong”.

[quote]jaimeo wrote:
"Sadly this has led to a minor deterioration in my habits (I proudly walked around in a Testosterone t-shirt last night only to drink beer and eat pizza; sorry T-mag!). "

Its sad that you think thats “wrong”.

[/quote]

I took a shit while wearing an Alpha Male tee-shirt…is that a bad thing?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I took a shit while wearing an Alpha Male tee-shirt…is that a bad thing? [/quote]

Only if the shit wasn’t huge.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I took a shit while wearing an Alpha Male tee-shirt…is that a bad thing? [/quote]

No, but leaving the toilet paper on the back of the toilet and not putting on the roller is.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Professor X wrote:

No, but leaving the toilet paper on the back of the toilet and not putting on the roller is.[/quote]

I use babywipes?

[quote]GriffinC wrote:

I use babywipes?[/quote]

Flushable?

Al Shades disappears, Proteinpowda reappears…

[quote]CrazyCanuck wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Only if the shit wasn’t huge.[/quote]

That’s the funniest shit I’ve heard all day… bravo… (no pun intended)

I picked my fat ass out of bed for one rep!

[quote]Classic.

Size only matters when you are talking bananas.

.9 baby…

Joe Weider wrote:
can I have a rain check on this one?

man…hey powda, have you ever eaten just .9 of a bananna?[/quote]

I still don’t get it.

Its o.k. man. Just don’t wear the T shirt while roller blading in pink bicycle shorts, a rainbow headband, mork from ork suspenders, and a radio blairing Phli Collins. I did that the other day and some guy called me a fag. Hurt so bad I had to sit down for a good cry. Whats wrong with people anyways?
Oh ya, good job on the deads. Check the library on techniques for maintaining the gains post cycle.

What would Foopa do?

You guys are mean. :slight_smile: I think its a good thing he’s taking a more relaxed approach to lifting and not obsessing over every little aspect.

Fing Hilarious.

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
You guys are mean. :slight_smile: I think its a good thing he’s taking a more relaxed approach to lifting and not obsessing over every little aspect.[/quote]

uh huh.
Have you read his other recent contribution?
Same ol’ powda.

BTW, his description of his form scares me. Jase, there’s being more relaxed and then there’s being borderline dumb. You know that, right?

Mindeffer, tell me where the people that said those horrible things hang out. Anyone who has a problem with Phil has a problem with me!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
No, but leaving the toilet paper on the back of the toilet and not putting on the roller is.[/quote]

And make sure it is in the correct overhand position, not the shady underhand position.