Lift Before or After Work

I recently got my shift changed I now work 4pm to 2am. Should I lift after or before I go to work. Work is about 1hr away. So that means I would have to go to the gym around 1pm, which is kinda busy at that time. If I go after work it wont be till around 3am.

Suggestions???

There’s a lot variables here.

When are you sleeping?

I’d go as soon as you woke up.

For instance, you wake up at 11 am - Eat a big-ass breakfast and go hit the weights at noon. Pretty simple if you ask me.

[quote]SSC wrote:
There’s a lot variables here.

When are you sleeping?

I’d go as soon as you woke up.

For instance, you wake up at 11 am - Eat a big-ass breakfast and go hit the weights at noon. Pretty simple if you ask me.[/quote]

Its just that simple, workout when you wake up! What, you were thinking about working out at 3AM??

ya 3am when I get home form work. Sounds stupid but Im usually all wide awake when I get home. But lifting before sounds like the way to go. Ill get home go to bed around 3am or so wake up at 930-10 eat go to the gym at 11or12 and leave for work at 3pm.

[quote]OutOfControl wrote:
ya 3am when I get home form work. Sounds stupid but Im usually all wide awake when I get home. But lifting before sounds like the way to go. Ill get home go to bed around 3am or so wake up at 930-10 eat go to the gym at 11or12 and leave for work at 3pm.[/quote]

I work from 2pm to 10:30pm and I work out in the morning.

Once you get used to the routine, you should be tired by the end of the night.

I say go when you feel like it, if you feel fresh and ready after work that sounds like the ideal time. But I guess whatever works for you.

I have to workout in the early morning and I hate it, but it’s the only time I can get it done. It just sucks because I am NOT a morning person.

befo’ fo sho