T Nation

LifeWave...Stamina Patch

Not planning to purchase this product, but it was being toted as “the next big thing” in athletic performance enhancement and I am skeptical about this one. It looks too good to be true, and it claiming to be better and safer than practically all supplements in use for athletic performance.

It shouldn’t bother anyone or myself, but it’s using nanotechnology as if it’s something new and claims that no chemicals enter the body, and that the chemicals on the patch just communicate with the body to regulate itself and become more efficient.

It’s being toted as a non-transdermal patch that is perfectly legal and that it enhances energy and stamina which leads to better performance for athletes and non-athletes.

You can read more at the website I posted below.

http://www.lifewave.com/main

And this is not a sales pitch, it’s a question if this is some boolsheet stuff.

It communicates with the body?

“Work HARDER DAMMIT!”

Sounds like snake oil…

This product is utter bullshit. “Resonant energy transfer”? What the hell is that? Resonance as a phenomenon has nothing to do with energy transfer. The whole molecules buisness is funny as well. On the flip side, if Ronnie Coleman uses it, then it must work!

-Fireplug

My thoughts roughly the same too. When I first skimmed through the claims I thought I was reading a patch version of ‘Spike’ by biotest. Really, I thought it was ‘Spike’. It did piss me off that the girl who’s been peddling this stuff hasn’t replied to my request for an ingredient listing. I remember reading some ‘snake oil’ precautions and one of them were a lack of publicizing ingredients. Reading the homepage, it looks like every athletic organization believes in this ‘patch’. Funny ain’t it.

Though I admit, the idea seems a bit radical, the idea of the body having a magnetic or energy field is not something they invented. Asian healers and others have espoused this information in their medicines and religions of the past.

Also, I would point out that they have supposedly done double blind studies with their product at major universities, that should be easy enough to check, if one is interested in the product.

While Ronnie Coleman might endorse just about anything short of the steroids he actually uses, I doubt the universities in question(those that ran the test and others supposedly supporting the product) would allow their name to be sullied like this if they themselves did not make these statements. Things get by of course, and lies are made, but it at least calls for more investigation into what its all about.

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
Though I admit, the idea seems a bit radical, the idea of the body having a magnetic or energy field is not something they invented. Asian healers and others have espoused this information in their medicines and religions of the past.[/quote]

Yes, but at least they DO something to affect that energy.

They don’t just sit on your skin and magically resonate in nano-utopian-goodness which isn’t even an accurate specific scientific description of what’s going on.

Two words: placebo effect.