T Nation

Lifestyle Experiments

Does anyone ever take somethng they commonly do and change it? So, alter the way you live for a while, in other words.

For instance, this week, I’m not waching TV and using the time I would spend doing that (probably more than I realize) for other things: practicing more and active listening to more art music (rather than just in the background).

This isn’t my first lifestyle experiment. They seem to be challenging, but fun (in a way). I might give up the internet for next one, which would be rough.

Does anyone else do random lifestyle things like this?

I stopped jerking off once… if that counts…

Life style changes …let me see if I could suggest a couple

You could enlist with the armed forces and defend your country.

You could go buy 5 days of crystal meth do it and see how your life style will change.

You could sell all your earthly possessions and devote your life to God.

You could rob a bank and shoot some people in the process. Then tell us how pen life suits you.

You could buy some rainbow short shorts and a tank top and hang at the blue oyster bar.

Just something to get your mind going enjoy :slight_smile:

I realize my lifestyle experiment mostly lame, but thank you for pointing it out.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:

You could sell all your earthly possessions and devote your life to God. [/quote]

This guy followed every rule in the bible for a year, then wrote a book about it.

I’ll keep the rest of your suggestions in mind?

What I am trying to say is… What your suggesting is not life style changes. Just habitual changes. The ones I suggested are life altering. That is how you get a life style change.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:

You could buy some rainbow short shorts and a tank top and hang at the blue oyster bar.

[/quote]

What an impressionable young kid might look like in 20 years had he taken this advice today…

dirtbag I suggest you take a sociology course before you start being wrong.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
What I am trying to say is… What your suggesting is not life style changes. Just habitual changes. The ones I suggested are life altering. That is how you get a life style change.[/quote]

Well, I think doing things like Boyscout are fun, and can give you a heads up if you need to make bigger changes, like you are talking about.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
What I am trying to say is… What your suggesting is not life style changes. Just habitual changes. The ones I suggested are life altering. That is how you get a life style change.[/quote]

gotta start small, baby!

I understand what your saying. I think it’s a matter of definition. small changes can still be significant. Giving up TV is not significant, however.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
dirtbag wrote:

You could buy some rainbow short shorts and a tank top and hang at the blue oyster bar.

What an impressionable young kid might look like in 20 years had he taken this advice today…[/quote]

You can all thank me later

I got tired of my apartment and being tied to the stuff I own, so I put every thing in storage and went the homeless route for about 4 months. Used sites like Craigslist, couch surfing, and hospitality club to find temporary shelter while traveling on the cheap. It was alot of fun, but I learned I am far too independent in nature to rely on other people for shelter. So, now I am back in an apartment, with a couple roommates, and substantially lower living costs. Plus I learned how to travel without resorting to hotel/motels and seeing new places from the locals perspective.

[quote]Bujo wrote:
I got tired of my apartment and being tied to the stuff I own, so I put every thing in storage and went the homeless route for about 4 months. Used sites like Craigslist, couch surfing, and hospitality club to find temporary shelter while traveling on the cheap.

It was alot of fun, but I learned I am far too independent in nature to rely on other people for shelter. So, now I am back in an apartment, with a couple roommates, and substantially lower living costs. Plus I learned how to travel without resorting to hotel/motels and seeing new places from the locals perspective.[/quote]

That’s badass.