Lifestyle-Change Implications

[quote] wrote:
Thats thing thing though - I go down with them but I dont get hammered… yet they get really pissed off cause I dont want to drink myself under the table and say ‘I ruin the night for being boring’.

Nevermind.[/quote]

Classic Alcoholic behavior. I know. The guys who get pissed at you for not drinking…lose them now.

[quote] wrote:

I also think they’re getting jealous that I’m getting checked out more, and having more luck with the ladies now, rather than them. [/quote]

They are feeling now an extra notch below you…they feel threatened and would feel more confident if you were a flabbly thin man.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
wrote:

I also think they’re getting jealous that I’m getting checked out more, and having more luck with the ladies now, rather than them.

They are feeling now an extra notch below you…they feel threatened and would feel more confident if you were a flabbly thin man.[/quote]

I agree completely. They feel threatened by your new lifestyle. It’s kind of like an inferiority complex, where they hate the fact you have changed yourself, yet they can’t do the same for themselves.

[quote]B-Mac13 wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
wrote:

I also think they’re getting jealous that I’m getting checked out more, and having more luck with the ladies now, rather than them.

They are feeling now an extra notch below you…they feel threatened and would feel more confident if you were a flabbly thin man.

I agree completely. They feel threatened by your new lifestyle. It’s kind of like an inferiority complex, where they hate the fact you have changed yourself, yet they can’t do the same for themselves.[/quote]

It’s certainly possible. But before you decide to write them off completely, make sure you’re not talking about your workouts and training diet all the time. And that you’re still fun to hang out with when you go out irrespective of drinking.

Firstly I’d like to address the comment about ‘what did you expect to hear?’. I didnt expect anything - I’m interested about what people have to say about things. I know no one has said they didnt have this problem.

Secondly, I’m not writing off my friends :wink: - I didnt want to give this impression.

When I’m out I dont think about catabolism or the damage I’m doing to my gains. I doubt I’ll ever be a dorian yates, I lift cause I like lifting. I dont want to be freaky huge, I just want to be in shape and looking good - thats my goal… so I’m sure a few nights out on the town wont kill me :wink:

I’ll make sure I dont talk about food or training at all in future and see if thats it… maybe it’s the time of year? Me and all my friends are students, and we have to keep a job down and do a mad amount of coursework in the next month to meet deadlines… maybe everyones feeling the way I am, but no ones talked about it? I dunno

I’ll see how it all works out and I wont stress it no more.