Lifelong Natural, Pre-First-Cycle Bloods

28 year old male here. Lifelong natty. Started lifting just under 9 years ago, stood 6ft 3" weighing 160lbs (73kg), currently weigh 235lbs (107kg). My max lifts are 353lbs (160kg) bench x2, 507lbs (230kg) deadlift x1 and 400lb (180kg) squat x1. If I haven’t already reached my natural limit, I am damn close since I’ve not made many gains in the last year or two.

Here are my gains http://imgur.com/a/Ha7ET

I’ve been meticulously researching my first cycle, I’m going to do 15 weeks test-e at 500mg/week, followed by 2 weeks off and 4 weeks PCT using Nolvadex (40/40/20/20). I have arimidex on hand too just in case.

Here’s the interesting part. I did my bloods the other day. Prolactin came back elevated. I have not got itchy nips, issues with sex drive or getting it up, in fact I’m quite the opposite, constantly horny and I’m not lethargic either. Supposedly stress can cause a spike- in the space of a week I’ve just bought a home and work has been absolutely mental and I have felt the grind a bit. I’ve read P-5-P can reduce prolactin as can having sex within 48 hours of the sample being taken, and bam I did my bloods in light of all this!

Here are my bloods http://imgur.com/a/yJdIR

(I converted to ng/dl)

Testosterone 588 ng/dL (20.37 nmol/L)
Free test (calc) 9.00 ng/dL (0.315 nmol/L)
Oestradiol 6.67 ng/dL (85.9 pmol/L)
SHBG 1154 ng/dL (53.2 nmol/L)
Prolactin 49.35 ng/dL (1050 mIU/L)

I would appreciate any advice- can I just start and take AI accordingly, or would it be best to get that figure down before starting? I was planning on starting my first cycle very soon.

TSH, fT3, fT4 look great, but TSH should be closer to 1.0, something does not seem right. Please eval overall thyroid function via last paragraph in this post, it will be very helpful. Iodine is very important: do you use iodized salt?

Prolactin can be elevated from a pituitary adinoma. Retest later after avoiding sex and also avoid cuddling puppies, kittens and babies as that also releases prolactin.

“I have arimidex on hand too just in case.”
That is stupid, cannot candy coat that. You probably need 2-3mg anastrozole per week. However, a few are over-responders who need 1/4th the expected amounts.

TT did not look horrible, but it is as it is inflated by a lot of SHBG+T which is not bio-available. The problem is your high SHBG. SHBG is made in the liver. Some liver conditions/diseases can spike SHBG. Please make note of your liver panel results. Some of that can be caused by damaged/sore muscles. So you should take a break from training to get clean liver panel results.

Stress can affect your thyroid function and energy levels, as well as other hormones. If you have a liver disease, that is another stress factor. Young guys often overcome low-T and thyroid problems with adrenalin at the gym, and that really can be damaging to the adrenals.

Liver: Any history of using oral steroid, T boosters or prohormones?

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.