Life Strssing Me Out, Remedies Needed

Hi all, I have no injuries, trainings going well, just felling stressed lately. Got the usual, got to get up at 4:30am for work. I’m constantly late by 10 to 15mins. I go to bed by 10:30, if I’m lucky. Kids have had various illnesses like colds n flu and whatever elsse is going round. were trying to get our 18 month into sleeping by herself in her cot. She loves her buggy and has always slept in it. When she creates, she’s loud, I me she’s louder than our other kids. When she cries she vibrates her tongue on her lips, lol, and makes more noise with that. But were patient and she wails less, so were winning. Finances are are mess, been that way since 2003 when we lost a baby, bless him. But I got this old man who lives 2 doors up. His grandson was playing with my eldest daughter and her friends. He’s only five, and he nicked the grips of the handlebars on her bike and through them down the drain in the street. I spoke to his grand dad and he sent the boy home crying. I was polite because he wasn’t the parent. Few weeks later, the boy threw a stone in my daughters eye and caught her cheek. Again I was polite and asked to see the boys dad. Nothing come of it. A day later I asked the Grandad when his son is going to come and talk to me about it. I got called rude names and told to go indoors. Fuming I did just that. If I lost my rag the situation would get worse. Eventually, I spoke to the boys mother, who was rude and said my daughter was just as bad.

All I wanted to do was to make the boy realise he could have blinded my daughter. I’d have done it. Simple “You don’t throw stones…” you know the line.

The grandad is now building a roof next door to keep the neighbours bike dry. He asked me, when I was outside, if he could come my side and install some felt. He didn’t say please and after what had happened I just said no. Then I received more verbal, “Your a Fcing nice neighbour, you wner. etc”

I went indoors and said nothing. Basically, 2 years ago I gave up smoking, (and spliff). I’d have launched a load of words at him and probably threatened to hit him.

I don’t smoke, I got enough on my plate and he’s an old man. What would you advice?
How can I calm myself? I’m still fuming inside and it makes me bitter. I’m not as happy as I once was. I don’t want to smoke, I know I’d go straight back on the weed and 2 years training would be wasted. I’m not a beer drinker, although I love whisky and coke, which aint no good either.

I’m now getting a mild headache.So I must stop typing and try and chill.

Sorry if I’m ranting, I don’t have many people to rant to.

Mike

Time. Its the one thing youve got on your side. This will pass. I know. If the guy chooses to be a jackass you cant do anything about it - high or sober. So why give up something youve earned for 2 years for a jackass? Are you seriously going to let him take 2 years from you? I know here in the states if a kid throws a rock they can go to jail, so if things continue to get violent call the cops. Its an unfortunate truth that you cant reason with some people.

Thanks 63Galxie, I’m not going to quit. Just found out this Jackass works for the local authority, if I retaliate he’d probably have friends in high places that would make things difficult for me, if you know what I mean. I’ll just try and avoid him like the plague!

Regards,

Mike:)

I remember some chats we had early on. Youve stuck with it and thats good. Dont give up.

My life can be rather stressful…

So I lift… Sometimes too much… But keeps me this side of sane(ish)…

[quote]Null wrote:
My life can be rather stressful…

So I lift… Sometimes too much… But keeps me this side of sane(ish)…[/quote]

x2

Take it out on the iron. There is no better way.

Thanks fellow lifters. You often on tv or in the movies, your hero taking out his frustration on his punch bag or whatever. I follow strict training Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So, is it okay to just go and hit the iron just to burn off some anger? I don’t want to interfere with my workouts and screw up whats took 2 years to make:)

Thanks

Mike

[quote]mikee55 wrote:
Thanks fellow lifters. You often on tv or in the movies, your hero taking out his frustration on his punch bag or whatever. I follow strict training Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So, is it okay to just go and hit the iron just to burn off some anger? I don’t want to interfere with my workouts and screw up whats took 2 years to make:)

Thanks

Mike[/quote]

For some reason, conditioning-type workouts are great for that. Heavy lifting diverts the attention for a while, but often I’m still angry afterwards, whereas conditioning style training seems to bleed off the negative energy somehow. Your kilometerage may vary. Doesn’t work for everyone. Just don’t so far as to negatively impact your main training days.

high intensity, little rest between exercises until well, I can just barely make it to the shower…